Mt. Rushmore of Rock Singers

BillsPride12

haha Interesting thread title...I havent read the replies so excuse me if my thoughts are similar to anyone elses.

MT Rushmore of Rock singers eh? So ideally FOUR iconic instantly recognizable voices.....rock singers

BOOM

Elvis Presley

Steven Tyler

Roger Daltrey

MICK Jagger

this could go for many more than 4 names...how about Roy Orbison, John Lennon,  Buddy Holly, NEIL YOUNG, Tom Petty

On 12/29/2021 at 6:40 PM, Draconator said:

Brad Delp

Freddie Mercury

Robert Plant

James Brown

James Brown is a really interesting choice. I guess the question I would have is, is his genre rock? Perhaps he is more funk than rock. Either way, a very good choice.

It’s hard to believe nobody has said Geddy Lee. He has a one of the most iconic voices in rock.

Also while I generally, strongly dislike his music, the same could be said for Bob Dylan.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s hard to believe nobody has said Geddy Lee. He has a one of the most iconic voices in rock.

Geddy has one of the most identifiable voices ever. I wouldn't say he has one of the best. Brad Delp is my favorite all time vocalist, that's why I put him at the top.  

52 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

Very cool responses, one and all.  As I mix tunes as a second career now, and my music obsession continues, a friend and I were talking about the most unique bands that we've ever heard.  May start a thread about that one... can never say too much about music.  🙂

You are right, can't have too much music. I almost started one awhile back on bands that many of us have listened to in the past but you never hear about nowadays... Black Oak Arkansas, Strawbs, Steeleye Span, Sparks, Mandrake Memorial, Pearls Before Swine, etc... those types.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, T&C said:

You are right, can't have too much music. I almost started one awhile back on bands that many of us have listened to in the past but you never hear about nowadays... Black Oak Arkansas, Strawbs, Steeleye Span, Sparks, Mandrake Memorial, Pearls Before Swine, etc... those types.

Television is another one that many don't think of, but I think they should be part of anybody's musical encyclopedia.

17 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

How could I forget Dio?!  Holy freakin' Diver, that guy was awesome!

This is my favorite cover of Holy Diver, in particular when singer guy disappears and reappears with, well, just watch it...

For my money, he might be at the top of my list … he had it all:  range, power and grit.  Loved his work with Blackmores Rainbow, especially the live album. Check out this cover by Lilac, a female cover band

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.