Josh's greatest run?

Dan Darragh

On 12/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, Dan Darragh said:

I'm debating which was better, Josh's 4th down run in the fourth quarter against NE or his 4th down - fumbled the snap- recovered the fumble but got stopped - second effort bust through the DLs run against Dallas on Thanksgiving in 2019.

What do you think?

(Honorable mention - his "leap the linebacker" run for a first down against Minny in his rookie year)

It wasn't Allen's greatest run but it was indeed deceptively great.  

I think as people watch the highlight, they underestimate it.  Allen doesn't do anything OJ or Jim Brown -esque.  No tremendous jukes.  No hurdling.  No plowing through someone.  

But let's get the context right:  4th down, against our arch rivals, in a must win game.

And then watch the play in slow motion.  Two defenders should have had Allen before the 1st down.   When I watched it live, I thought we were effed.  

Very few QBs could have turned that play into a first down.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, 947 said:

Great run this week, but I'd say both the Dallas run on Thanksgiving & the Minnesota hurdle were better.

Hurdling Anthony Barr in Minny is what "put Josh on the map" for casual fans.

And he got put on the map in like his second or third game as a pro

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Honorable mention his rookie year turning Kiko Alonso totally around and using him as a lead blocker.

So many great runs for Allen  over the last four years.

I think the next one on the bucket list for Allen is breaking a 50 yard touchdown. He’s been closed a couple times if he just gets maybe one more block. Or if he can bust through on a quarterback sneak which he has come close to a couple times as well.

Hard to say if this most recent run against the patriots or the one from 2019 against the Cowboys is his best. But those are definitely number one and number two for me.

I recall a qb sneak that he ran and I honestly thought he was down and emerged from the pile. 

Had it not been for a shoe string table I think he would have been gone. 

Against the jests I believe. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I recall a qb sneak that he ran and I honestly thought he was down and emerged from the pile. 

Had it not been for a shoe string table I think he would have been gone. 

Against the jests I believe. 

Yep I recall that one against the Jets too. I think his rookie year but not positive. But it was definitely against the Jets.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but I just saw a breakdown of Josh’s 4th down run by Orlavsky. He believed that was a called run for Singletary and at the line of scrimmage, Josh decided to do it himself on the bootleg. Reason being that Diggs was not blocking the DB. If the bootleg was the called play, Diggs would be blocking and Josh would have had a much easier run, needing to only beat 1 defender. Instead Diggs let’s the DB close on Josh. Josh took on the two defenders and beat both of them. That play was all Josh which makes it more amazing. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.