Jim Kubiak: Is Josh Allen the Bills' best running back? How tight end delay set up tying field goal

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Who is mad that he ran more? Everybody I've seen talk about it has said they should have used Allen like that against the Patriots.

Read more TBD

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Unwillingness to run the football with running backs is slowly killing the Bills’ offense

Literally right here. Run more with Moss Singletary and Breida now! They are the solution. Except for last week when that was the problem.

JOSH is our best weapon on offense. Our RB’s suck. Our OL sucks in the traditional run game. The sooner the media and TBD understands that, the more reasonable everyone will become.

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not that Singletary is great, but the running game issue is at least 80% blocking…. If they spend a high pick on a RB it would be a waste. 

A big part of it is Daboll and his run schemes and play calls too. But yes, you can't expect a back to function behind this line.

Heck, we can't expect a QB to function behind this line, but Allen does somehow.

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Read more TBD

Literally right here. Run more with Moss Singletary and Breida now! They are the solution. Except for last week when that was the problem.

JOSH is our best weapon on offense. Our RB’s suck. Our OL sucks in the traditional run game. The sooner the media and TBD understands that, the more reasonable everyone will become.

You're misunderstanding what people are saying. No one thinks we should not use Allen as a weapon in the running game or that we ran him too much yesterday. The frustration is that we basically have to use him as a weapon because our run game otherwise is not productive enough.

The problem last week is that Daboll barely used any designed Allen runs and called doomed to fail Moss run plays. And then the 1st half yesterday he didn't call any run plays. All of a sudden in the 2nd half we handed the ball off a few times and let Allen run wild and the offense started moving the ball at will against a really good defense. Will Daboll learn anything from that 2nd half game plan? I hope so.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think it's so much that JA is a better runner than Singletary or others, it's primarily the fact that w/ a QB run, you effectively have 1 more blocker.  On most runs, the QB takes himself out of the play, whereas w/ the QB running, the RB is now a blocker.  I think perhaps another factor is that QB designed runs are sufficiently unusual defenses aren't as prepared/used to defending them.  Sorta like jet sweeps/end arounds.  IMO, the latter no where near as important as the former, but it might still be a factor.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Vision is huge in a RB.  I'm not discounting the weaknesses in our O line, because it's there. Most of the time, I don't like the decisions our RBs make.  That's either vision or awareness.

Right moss could’ve bounced one run outside against the pats and we’d be 8-5 right now leading the division 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.