Panthers fire OC Joe Brady

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Houston is just a weird situation. they went all on some bad moves and even with that, if Watson wasn't an A-hole (for multiple reasons) that team is in the thick of the playoff hunt. Cully is a sacrificial lamb and they hit a hard reset this year.

Jacksonville, depending on how you feel about Urban Meyer, has some good pieces in place. 

Carolina gave an unproven coach a crazy contract, dumped newton, to give bridgewater a ton a money, to pay him to play for Denver, to trade for one of the worst starters in the leagues the last few years, to dumping him to resign Newton for 4.5 Mil guaranteed for the balance of the season (who were they bidding against?) and now they've fired their OC, who according to Bridgewater, didnt have the team practice the 2 min drill last year!

https://www.nfl.com/news/teddy-bridgewater-finds-fault-with-how-joe-brady-panthers-practiced

That team has no direction, a ton of sunk money at the QB position (they owe Darnold 19 million next year) and they have a pick in nowheres land in the draft order.

They are going to roll out the corpse of Cam next year, hoping to sell tickets and fire Rhule at the end of next season. Meanwhile, Ron Rivera is making Taylor Heineke a playoff QB

Hey, I didn’t say Carolina has been well-run. The three franchises in question have sucked in different ways, and it’s not easy to distinguish between them.  I give Houston the edge because they had a playoff team with a franchise QB and pissed it all away…They also could have gotten healthy by trading Watson for 3 or 4 firsts, but now that’s probably not happening either.  Carolina has actually drafted really well recently; they have just botched the QB situation…they aren’t alone in that…

22 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Fall guy

He wasn’t the one who gave

darnold a big contract or tried to win the NFCs w teddy two gloves

issue in Charlotte is Rhule and Tepper deferring to him

I'm not ready to give up on rule. Qb plays been terrible, major injuries and I know everyone gets them...

They were way ahead of the rebuild curve and regressed to their means. We did something similar year 2 with mcd.

I'm not saying he'll 100 fix it, but I'm totally on board with seeing another year. Panther fans down here got impatient after seeing them play above their skillset early on is all 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Not Houston? Or Jax?

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Houston can claim title to this and they have no idea how to get our of the hole they dug for themselves. They can barely sell tickets now,  a franchise that sold out every single game up until this year.

Houston made some bad moves plus got torpedo'd by their shady/cry baby franchise QB.  

Jax tanked for Lawrence (had no choice), he hasn't shown much.  Plus they chopped up the Bills high flying Offense. 

Just look at the QB situation in Carolina:  

2020: Cut Newton, bring in Bridgewater:  $31 million paid for the year

2021: trade Bridgewater, trade a 2nd for Darnold, AND pick up his option for 2022:  $24 million committed

2021:  IR Darnold, sign..........Cam Newton!!:   $4.5+1.5 mil roster bonus, $6million

so,  25 games after they dumped him, it has cost this franchise over $60 million ($2.6 million per passing TD) and this year's 2nd round pick,  to end up with Newton as their starter again. 

Then benched him after 1 complete game for.....PJ ("who am I ??") Walker! 

Plus their HC is a zero/nobody in the NFL.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'm not ready to give up on rule. Qb plays been terrible, major injuries and I know everyone gets them...

They were way ahead of the rebuild curve and regressed to their means. We did something similar year 2 with mcd.

I'm not saying he'll 100 fix it, but I'm totally on board with seeing another year. Panther fans down here got impatient after seeing them play above their skillset early on is all 

I think Rhule is about ready to give up on the NFL and kicking himself he isnt in a better position for one of the top College HC openings.

edit: Side note, I only recently learned Rhule is a UB guy.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Houston made some bad moves plus got torpedo'd by their shady/cry baby franchise QB.  

Jax tanked for Lawrence (had no choice), he hasn't shown much.  Plus they chopped up the Bills high flying Offense. 

2021: trade Bridgewater, trade a 2nd for Darnold, AND pick up his option for 2022:  $24 million committed

2021:  IR Darnold, sign..........Cam Newton!!:   $4.5+1.5 mil roster bonus, $6million

so,  25 games after they dumped him, it has cost this franchise over $60 million ($2.6 million per passing TD) and this year's 2nd round pick,  to end up with Newton as their starter again. 

While the amount of money spent has not yielded the returns one would hope for I will say this.

Last season Bridgewater was "ok". I still wouldn't say "good" but he played much better than he looks this year. Darnold for 3-4 weeks looked really solid...then CMC went down and he had to step up. He failed. The bigger problem there is they committed big money and centered the team around a RB that is electric when her plays but just can't stay in the field. That's something that is above his pay grade. And if they let Rhule...a guy with zero NFL upper management experience coming in...make that call then that's on ownership. It's a complete shiteshow.

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Their HC is a zero/nobody?  At least he has had real success as a HC in college.  The Texans have an  absolute nobody as HC, David Culley.  

Texans in  one year went from beating the Bills in a playoffs to one of the worst teams in the NFL, with a now error prone interception machine known as Tyrod Taylor.

Texans have an owner that think he is a minister,  a minister that thinks he is a owner,  a GM that think he is a HC,  and a HC that just wants to retire.

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

While the amount of money spent has not yielded the returns one would hope for I will say this.

Last season Bridgewater was "ok". I still wouldn't say "good" but he played much better than he looks this year. Darnold for 3-4 weeks looked really solid...then CMC went down and he had to step up. He failed. The bigger problem there is they committed big money and centered the team around a RB that is electric when her plays but just can't stay in the field. That's something that is above his pay grade. And if they let Rhule...a guy with zero NFL upper management experience coming in...make that call then that's on ownership. It's a complete shiteshow.

Bridgewater is a journeyman backup.. You don't pay a guy like that all that money.  Same for Cam, who as we all saw last year was absolutely done as a passer.  They jerked Darnold all over the roster this year before they put him on IR.  

Owner is a billionaire jock sniffer, like most of them are.  What does he know?  He hired Rhule--a middle aged guy with 1 year of minor NFL coaching experience.

CMC was a problem before all of that.  He goes down more often than a Bills tailgaiter looking to score a Kiko jersey.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Their HC is a zero/nobody?  At least he has had real success as a HC in college.  The Texans have an  absolute nobody as HC, David Culley.  

Texans in  one year went from beating the Bills in a playoffs to one of the worst teams in the NFL, with a now error prone interception machine known as Tyrod Taylor.

Texans have an owner that think he is a minister,  a minister that thinks he is a owner,  a GM that think he is a HC,  and a HC that just wants to retire.

Complete zero.  No one cares about major college boy HC's in the NFL.   History has told you this.

If the Texans soft,  rapey QB had honored the contract that had just caused him to shed tears of joy even as the ink dried, they wouldn't look as awful.  Sure they should have immediately unloaded him for a couple 1sts.  But they didn't account for a full busload of accusers coming forward to deep 6 his trade value.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bridgewater is a journeyman backup.. You don't pay a guy like that all that money.  Same for Cam, who as we all saw last year was absolutely done as a passer.  They jerked Darnold all over the roster this year before they put him on IR.  

Owner is a billionaire jock sniffer, like most of them are.  What does he know?  He hired Rhule--a middle aged guy with 1 year of minor NFL coaching experience.

CMC was a problem before all of that.  He goes down more often than a Bills tailgaiter looking to score a Kiko jersey.

I mean, at least they can easily convert it to a Groot jersey.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Didn't know how good they had it when Generalissimo O'Brien was running things. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.