Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I do love that your list of reasons for Russia invading Ukraine doesn’t mention anything about NATO and starts with the real reason that Putin / Russia is revanchist. We are in complete agreement there. 

I‘m just not optimistic that the guy who has isolated himself from any criticism or pushback will cease aggression once he successfully adds more Ukrainian territory after we stop supporting them and/or push for a ceasefire. 

Doesn’t seem to fit with the history of Chechnya, Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, and Putin’s whole worldview. He hates NATO and if he thinks he can force its end by showing they won’t honor Article V, he’s going to find it very tempting. 

I already mentioned NATO.

And who do you suppose he's going to attack next?

30 minutes ago, Doc said:

I already mentioned NATO.

And who do you suppose he's going to attack next?

Depends on how things go in Ukraine. 

If the Chamberlain caucus gets their way and there’s a ceasefire that expands Russia’s control beyond the 2014 lines (or even just keeps those lines), then the next conflict will probably be another attempt on Kiev after reconsolidating their forces.

If Putin gets his way and is able to install a puppet government in Kiev, then Transnistria is probably next. If he keeps being able to push through into Europe while the West continues to capitulate to him, he may try for a conflict with a NATO country like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, or even Poland if he doesn’t think NATO will live up to its Article V commitments. 

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Depends on how things go in Ukraine. 

If the Chamberlain caucus gets their way and there’s a ceasefire that expands Russia’s control beyond the 2014 lines (or even just keeps those lines), then the next conflict will probably be another attempt on Kiev after reconsolidating their forces.

If Putin gets his way and is able to install a puppet government in Kiev, then Transnistria is probably next. If he keeps being able to push through into Europe while the West continues to capitulate to him, he may try for a conflict with a NATO country like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, or even Poland if he doesn’t think NATO will live up to its Article V commitments. 

I don't know much about Transnistria, but I can all but assure you that Russia won't dare go against any NATO nation.  Ukraine isn't in NATO and is embezzling what we're sending there because they have been and always will be corrupt.  Sending more good money after bad on the notion that Putin will then be emboldened to attack NATO countries, when he can't even handle Ukraine, is silly.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't know much about Transnistria, but I can all but assure you that Russia won't dare go against any NATO nation.  Ukraine isn't in NATO and is embezzling what we're sending there because they have been and always will be corrupt.  Sending more good money after bad on the notion that Putin will then be emboldened to attack NATO countries, when he can't even handle Ukraine, is silly.

Yes, it is very clear that you don’t understand what’s going on. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

As I said, Russia won't be invading any more countries. 

No, Ukraine is only a stepping stone for Russia to exert power further abroad. Syria was about Russia keeping a Mediterranean port, Ukraine is about keeping the Black Sea fleet based in Crimea for a warm water port. Who knows what else Putin's twisted mind will think he needs next, but he sure as hell will keep his military blooded so in his mind they are battle ready. Bullies never stop unless they are stopped 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc said:

They got the manic (manbc) narrative down pat.  Involves Russia just taking countries as will.  No regard for what would happen if he attacked NATO 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder if the billions sent to Ukraine could have bought this American his freedom after being arrested for doing journalism?

The regime lifted not a finger.

The regime has blood on its hands.

The commie regime does not care.

• Angry 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Yes, it is very clear that you don’t understand what’s going on. 

You mean beyond how easy it is for them to manipulate you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

You mean beyond how easy it is for them to manipulate you?

“No you are!”

-The guy routinely parroting Russian talking points 

Very convincing and clever argument there!

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“No you are!”

-The guy routinely parroting Russian talking points 

Very convincing and clever argument there!

"Parroting Russian talking points"?  LMAO!  Show me where?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

You know Doc, like this.

You see, any type of criticism of the way the Ukraine war has been carried out can be summarily dismissed as "Putin loving" by the lefties here.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You know Doc, like this.

You see, any type of criticism of the way the Ukraine war has been carried out can be summarily dismissed as "Putin loving" by the lefties here.

I know.  I'm asking for receipts which Chi will inevitably be unable to produce.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You may not have meant to, but you sorta did. Peskov's statement came months before your posts that I quote.

Peskov [Dmitry Peskov, Kremlin Spokesman, in a speach inDecember of 2022] added that there had been no calls for peace or signs of willingness to “listen to Russia’s concerns” during Zelenskyy’s visit, proving that the US was intent on fighting a proxy war with Russia “to the last Ukrainian”.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:39 PM, Doc said:

I'm not sure what this has to do with your assertion that MAGA will a) have anything to do with what would happen if Russia were stupid enough to invade Poland within the next 2 years and b) why you think anyone would support not helping a fellow NATO nation.  We just got out of forever wars and have entered into another by proxy, for a non-NATO member.

On 10/1/2023 at 12:25 AM, Doc said:

Yes, just like he said that a small incursion into Russia was acceptable. 

Taiwan, like Ukraine, is not a NATO member.  So it's going to be another proxy war we're expecting to fund.

19 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Those are "Russian talking points"?  It's pretty clear that it's a proxy war with Russia.

Someone quoted the King recently and I was able to read its ridiculous claim that it doesn't watch the news...

:lol:

Where oh where would the King have learned the persistent left wing media retort of ....you're just parroting Putin.

So original and fresh from the King's masters. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Someone quoted the King recently and I was able to read its ridiculous claim that it doesn't watch the news...

:lol:

Where oh where would the King have learned the persistent left wing media retort of ....you're just parroting Putin.

So original and fresh from the King's masters. 

Is that what the left's talking point is now?  "Parroting Putin"?