Dish Network NO NBC=NO BILLS

bmur66

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Contract negotiations leading to coverage outages happen to every paid television provider. Dish, DirecTV, Cable, etc.

If they didn’t hardball negotiations, the cost of a tv package would be astronomical.

Already astronomical, compared to an antenna and a couple entertainment apps.

Just now, albanyfan said:

Already astronomical, compared to an antenna and a couple entertainment apps.

Indeed it is.

And the astronomical price is driven by channel providers that charge Dish, DirecTV, cable, YouTube TV, etc to broadcast their channels.

Dish is missing channels right now because Tegna, which provides some of their local channels (perhaps among others) want a large price increase. If Dish were to submit to their demands, the customer will need to pay more to offset the cost. Dish is pushing back on this.

But this happens with ever tv provider. All of them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Cost of tv package would not be astronomical, this statement is false. These companies are making margins in the 500-800% range on each customer. Best solution, find another provider.  

They are using you customers as a negotiating tool for leverage that is proven ineffective. Once you see a threatening ribbon scrolling scare tactics, it’s time to change. 

Complain with your wallet. 

It would be astronomical if they did not engage in hardball negotiations with channel providers. There are hundreds of channel providers. Multiply large increases across all of those contracts and you would see an astronomical price increase.

Dish’s profit margin ranges between 12% to 20%.

Not 500% to 800%.

You’re wrong in nearly every facet.

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Rabbit ears?

Not as outlandish a solution as it may sound. I get the feeling a lot of younger people may not be aware that several channels (I get 40 here in Roch) can be latched onto right out of the air with an inexpensive antenna for $0 monthly fees. Its Between $15 and $30 bucks for the antenna w/ power booster.   Its a great and inexpensive add-on to any entertainment system.  Cleanest signal your TV will ever see too. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

You have a lot to learn about business, apparently.

I’m offering OP a solution to his problem, he should shop around.Your solution is thats just the way it is, which is not a solution but an excuse. 

You have written numbers (that are laughably wrong) and stated facts that are incorrect. I was simply correcting those items.

There are NO legal options that are not subject to contract negotiations that could lead to a temporary loss of channels. Zero. Zip. Nada. None. He can shop around if he likes, but no service won’t have these problems.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You have written numbers (that are laughably wrong) and stated facts that are incorrect. I was simply correcting those items.

There are NO legal options that are not subject to contract negotiations that could lead to a temporary loss of channels. Zero. Zip. Nada. None. He can shop around if he likes, but no service won’t have these problems.

Does Dish Network pay its employees well?

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Cost of tv package would not be astronomical, this statement is false. These companies are making margins in the 500-800% range on each customer. Best solution, find another provider.  

They are using you customers as a negotiating tool for leverage that is proven ineffective. Once you see a threatening ribbon scrolling scare tactics, it’s time to change. 

Complain with your wallet. 

I’ve done it before with direct tv and I’ll do it again with dish network. In fact I just got high speed internet out in the sticks where I live. I could probably do without both. I pay a lot for all the channels and only watch a couple. I won’t be held hostage for long.

Also, I cannot receive a broadcast signal where I live but thanks for the idea.

On 11/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, Buffalo619 said:

It’s like a broken record with these dish services. Instead of complaining, change providers. Stop waiting and do it. Today. 

No need to single out satellite companies when the same thing goes on with cable companies. Hell, even Roku dumped Google TV so the money grab will infect streaming services also. 2021 the way it is.

On 11/25/2021 at 2:43 PM, Einstein said:

Contract negotiations leading to coverage outages happen to every paid television provider. Dish, DirecTV, Cable, etc.

If they didn’t hardball negotiations, the cost of a tv package would be astronomical.

💯 … it’s popular to blame the service providers, but the real problem is with the content creators. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2021 at 11:51 AM, bigK14094 said:

A better  reception is obtainded using the power amplified antenna's that RCA (and perhaps others) offer in the marketplace.  Home Depot offer, and in WNY, the Valu chain has them.  The best one is the amplified with the signal meter.  I have one of those and one without the meter.  I am sort of between house setups, and am using that to bridge the gap until I decide how power up next.  Stay with Directv or go total streaming.(getting ST on the house, I am a long time customer at my Florida home)

They gave it to me free as well. Want to keep customers on board so they can sell.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.