Serious question; what causes a team to pancake like this?

npeartisgod

Serious answer we aren't really that good...so we haven't pancakes at all.   We simply are playing better teams.  

Our oline has been bad all year.  Josh was able to get away with it against weak competition. 

Our D is overrated and lives only off turnovers.  

We have little to no run game.  

All of these things have been a constant all year...but when playing ***** teams we look great.  When we play a good team we don't. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

He said "I only want to talk about the guys that are here".  Not even "I hope they are ok" or "we look forward to them coming back".  It also comes off like some players, Poyer, Dawkins are very nonchalant about the situation. Allen appears to be the only one with a sense of urgency

I interpreted that as only what he was legally able to say about the situation, but you could be right.  Didn't think about it that way.

• Like (+1) 1

Ohhh.. I can think of variety of reasons but that's besides the point right now.  I've dared to dream it and now it comes true:  Jason Garrett is available ladies & gentlemen.. That's correct.  You have read that right!!

The Giants FO needs many years of therapy since they let a mind like THAT go.  I... say...  give me Jason.. or give me death!  (Friday the 13th pun intended)

Edited by KeLLy1278

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I interpreted that as only what he was legally able to say about the situation, but you could be right.  Didn't think about it that way.

I think when a coach says he wants to talk about they guys who are here (playing) he is trying to avoid excuses for their losing / play. Otherwise the players who lost the game can be like, "Oh we really missed Star". Well, you get paid to play too...

5 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

I think when a coach says he wants to talk about they guys who are here (playing) he is trying to avoid excuses for their losing / play. Otherwise the players who lost the game can be like, "Oh we really missed Star". Well, you get paid to play too...

Yeah that too, agree

5 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Agreed, their approach to culture building is showing a glaring weakness. No stone cold killers on the team, just participant trophy winners.

Yes sir you hit the nail on the head.  This team is good on paper but when you get into a knock-em down brawl they tuck tail and give up.

I have yet to see any proof that MCD goes ballistic after losses like this.  Its always "the system", or its "the process", or its "our culture".

Personally I guarantee if this happened to Mike Tomlin's team and or John Harbaugh's team, you know the players would have gotten their

asses handed to them after a loss like this.  If you don't show this mean side of you as a head coach then the players can't truly respect you.

I know from playing soccer and lacrosse in college, that I have seen coaches get more worked up than I have ever seen MCD.  He has the wrong temperament for coach when things are not going hunky dory.  IMO......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.