Week 9 2021

Mark Vader

Michigan State Vs. Michigan

Interstate rivalry and they are both undefeated. Who's for real?

Ohio State Vs. Penn State

Do the Nittany Lions have any roar left in them?

Florida Vs. Georgia

The last real threat left on the Bulldogs schedule. Can the Gators rise up and spoil everything?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I won’t be leaving my TV for about 36 hours from Big Noon Kickoff

Plus UFC 268

And Rogue Strongman Invitational

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Transfer from Wake Forest. He’s a bruiser.

Oops

Id say Walker is more of a slasher than bruiser.

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

***** YOU OFFICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS DEFENSIVE HOLDING ON THAT 4TH DOWN PLAY!!!!!!!!!

***** YOU MICHIGAN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUCKER CAN SUCK IT!!!!!!

Agree that was a penalty...but what was Harbaugh thinking putting McCarthy in?  He nearly turned it over the previous series.  I'm not a huge Michigan fan (PSU alum) but even I was screaming at my TV.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Should’ve kept McNamara in. No need to go to McCarthy. 

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

Agree that was a penalty...but what was Harbaugh thinking putting McCarthy in?  He nearly turned it over the previous series.  I'm not a huge Michigan fan (PSU alum) but even I was screaming at my TV.

Yeah, going with McCarthy so much may not have been a good move, especially since McNamara was playing the best game of his life.

I did not like the play call on 3rd down. They only needed 3 yards, why throw a deep ball?!

That being said, the defense has a lot to answer for. Gave up too many big plays in the second half.

• Agree 1

1) Real impressed penn state hung around. That game felt on the edge of a blowout, but penn state made big plays and stops to keep it close all tight. 

2) I “lean” Michigan (a lukewarm fan), and thought they really blew it. Up 30-14, and in control. Walker had a great game— but those big runs also were a product of a lot of bad tackling. I think Michigan is probably the better team, but Michigan state just played their guts out. Don’t think either of them are in OSU’s class.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a  good player but a little over his skis last night. Whole penn state D played very well IMO. 

He commits stupid penalties.  Penn State played better than I thought they would.  Clifford needed to be at his best to have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If they play Bama for the conference championship I would be quite hesitant to call it a cupcake/easy game.

Is the Tide as good as last they were last season? No way. Cupcake? Not even close.

I was referring to the remainder of their regular season schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was referring to the remainder of their regular season schedule.

I think that GA looks better than Alabama right now but I will not count out Nick Saban until he is eliminated. 

That said, if he can overcome the HUGE losses on offense and win another title it will be his greatest coaching accomplishment ever imo. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that GA looks better than Alabama right now but I will not count out Nick Saban until he is eliminated. 

That said, if he can overcome the HUGE losses on offense and win another title it will be his greatest coaching accomplishment ever imo. 

The Iron Bowl will be a huge game. Auburn is tough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.