Traded Sunday Night. Play Monday Night?

Irv

Dumb question.  If you played a 1PM game and got traded immediately after to a team that's playing the Monday Night game - would you be eligble to play Monday?  I ask this becuase I have no life and could not find anything on the interwebs.  In this situation you could pad your stats.  But I wonder how the union rules and pay would work out.   Has it ever happened? 

14 hours ago, Irv said:

Dumb question.  If you played a 1PM game and got traded immediately after to a team that's playing the Monday Night game - would you be eligble to play Monday?  I ask this becuase I have no life and could not find anything on the interwebs.  In this situation you could pad your stats.  But I wonder how the union rules and pay would work out.   Has it ever happened? 

I'm pretty sure that if the first game played is a 1pm start in Pacific Time and the second game is a Monday night 8:30pm start in Eastern time, then the player IS eligible to play due to the hours passed between games.  That's why Ertz was ineligible to play ... because not enough hours had passed between games.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/PDFs/CBA/March-15-2020-NFL-NFLPA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-Final-Executed-Copy.pdf

When the sad day comes for Ryan Fitzpatrick to retire, league rules will be bent so he can play the Thursday night game, Sunday early game, Sunday night game, and Monday night game.  All so he can add three more jerseys to the collection.  (Monday night is a Bills game. 😁)

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Since Sunday is the first day of the week, Monday would be the start of a new week. It’s been that way for 2000+ years. 

Not in NFL, I figured someone would say something like this... Didn't realize I had to explain. That is sad you actually made this post seriously...

The league week goes Tuesday-Monday.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Not in NFL, I figured someone would say something like this... Didn't realize I had to explain. That is sad you actually made this post seriously...

The league week goes Tuesday-Monday.

The rule is ambiguous…and all ambiguities should be construed against the party drafting the terms. Hence, Thursday is in the prior week to an upcoming Monday (new week). Open your eyes. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, shrader said:

Has a player ever played more than 16 games in a season?  It would be possible if traded during a bye week.  Hell, technically that could actually happen more than once during the season.

2013 Will Allen

1995 Dexter Carter

2018 Damon Harrison

2004 Jerry Rice

2004 Micah Ross

2019 Emmanuel Sanders

1993 Chris Singleton

2009 Will Witherspoo

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When the sad day comes for Ryan Fitzpatrick to retire, league rules will be bent so he can play the Thursday night game, Sunday early game, Sunday night game, and Monday night game.  All so he can add three more jerseys to the collection.  (Monday night is a Bills game. 😁)

I think every team he has not played for should offer him a 1 day contract, he could do a retirement tour, picking up a different jersey every day. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.