Thank you President Biden

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Did they improve for you during Trump as well?

Didn’t we get some great jobs reports in those 4 years?  And he didn’t start at the bottom with nowhere to go but up like Biden did. 

Workers have much more leverage now. Trickle-up is actually working.

We’ll have to see what happens a few years from now. Lots of things all came together to create this environment including Covid.

I don’t know what’s happening in the South or Florida since the wage floor is much higher in NJ. They probably aren’t seeing what I’m seeing right now.

What I can tell you is that there’s tons of entry level warehouse/manufacturing jobs that all pay 20-30 an hour. These jobs never existed when I entered adulthood.

If you want a decent job with a much fairer wage, you can pick and chose.

Edited by Governor

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

Workers have much more leverage now. Trickle-up is actually working.

We’ll have to see what happens a few years from now. Lots of things all came together to create this environment including Covid.

I don’t know what’s happening in the South or Florida since the wage floor is much higher in NJ. They probably aren’t seeing what I’m seeing right now.

Why did you quote me and not even address my questions to you?

Explain the leverage and where is came from.  

On 11/6/2021 at 9:59 AM, Governor said:

I realized a few weeks ago that there’s a chunk of people out there that worked all the way through Covid uninterrupted and don’t see what’s happening out there in the job market since they’ve been at the same job so long.

Its real and it’s amazing.

So your argument is that those who don't work are the ones changing the economy for the better? Basically you believe that all of the chaos of the supply chain and high inflation is a benefit to poor people? If your point is that someone who made $10 an hour is now making $15 that is great but not many competent people make less than $15 an hour at any job after a few years. I have several students who prior to Covid got jobs with guaranteed overtime at $15 an hour within a few weeks of graduating. They were not brilliant kids but they were competent and hard working. NJ might be different but $15 an hour jobs were not hard to come by before Covid 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So your argument is that those who don't work are the ones changing the economy for the better? Basically you believe that all of the chaos of the supply chain and high inflation is a benefit to poor people? If your point is that someone who made $10 an hour is now making $15 that is great but not many competent people make less than $15 an hour at any job after a few years. I have several students who prior to Covid got jobs with guaranteed overtime at $15 an hour within a few weeks of graduating. They were not brilliant kids but they were competent and hard working. NJ might be different but $15 an hour jobs were not hard to come by before Covid 

No one working for 15 up here unless they have a felony.

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nothing good will come from workers controlling the wages.  

The part where businesses are competing against other businesses for labor is good is good IMO, the problem now is the government is part of this competition, just not working is becoming increasingly acceptable to some.