Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

No, You happen to think he would and I did admit that possibility. That said, I am not in the locker room or on the field working out with him. Are you? I am not a doctor, nor did I read his medical reports. Did you?

He went for a 6th freaking round pick!!! I'm wondering if the Panthers also slipped a note to Kraft telling him not to spend it all in one place. 

What would teams pay if Tre White was in the exact same circumstances? Only a 6th round pick? 

You know, it really is OK to be "wrong" on this board. I thought that Rob Johnson would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. It perplexes me how some posters over the years just can't admit to being wrong. Gilmore went from the Hall of Fame (on this board) to trade bait for a 6th round pick, but I am the one who was "wrong?" 

Gotcha Bro. 

All you are doing here is show casing you dont understand the salary cap or that you are willing to say anything to support or disdain for Gilmore.

Only a couple of teams had the cap room to trade for him (and I think it was only 2 teams) and only the panthers had any shot of contending of the teams who had the cap room to trade for him.

So literally there is no factual accuracy to your claims that teams would have been offering up first round picks for him if he was good still.  Nobody could afford his contract that was interested and could ONLY add them to their team if he was CUT and agreed to a deal that fit in their cap.  And MANY teams were calling for his services in the event he was cut.  

The Panthers had $19M still in cap space and decided to INSURE they landed Gilmore by trading for him (as none of his other suitors could afford to trade for him and his existing contract) by offering the Pats something versus nothing.  Panthers had all the leverage, Pats had to get nothing or take the 6th round pick.

Literally nothing you have said about this is accurate or grounded in reality.  Instead you are on some crusade to create any false scenario you can to diminish him as a player over your own hatred of him.

In the other Gilmore thread you even proposed the most ridiculous theory that said BB tipped off Brady that Gilmore was going to be cut and the Bucs signed Sherman instead as some way to prove Gilmore isn't good.  Which is ludicrous given the Bucs had been talking to Sherman for weeks, signed him before Gilmore was available, and were one of the teams pushing to sign Gilmore when news broke he could be cut.

I get you hate him, but wow man, you will go to any length and paint any false reality to prove he isn’t a good player.  Unfortunately there are no facts or reason in any of the points or theories you keep proposing.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Only a couple of teams had the cap room to trade for him (and I think it was only 2 teams) and only the panthers had any shot of contending of the teams who had the cap room to trade for him.

Nonsene. If a team thought that he was just so great (as you clearly believe) they could have easily cut a not great player to make space for him. They also could have reworked his deal and the cap hit would have been not so bad.

I always admitted that Gilmore was a good player until he dogged it in Buffalo towards the end. He got even better when he left here he got better. Some posters on this board (with you leading the charge) insinuated that he was an all time great. Well, on his way to Canton, he was traded for a 6th round draft pick!!!😀😁😂

So you see, the all knowing Alpha Man was wrong. Was this the first time in your life? 

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am not a fan of Brady. Not at all but wasn't he taking less money so the Pats could bring in more players?

Brady took less money from the Pats* compared to what he could have gotten in the open market. But I don't believe Brady actually made less money overall by staying with the Pats*.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

No, You happen to think he would and I did admit that possibility. That said, I am not in the locker room or on the field working out with him. Are you? I am not a doctor, nor did I read his medical reports. Did you?

He went for a 6th freaking round pick!!! I'm wondering if the Panthers also slipped a note to Kraft telling him not to spend it all in one place. 

What would teams pay if Tre White was in the exact same circumstances? Only a 6th round pick? 

You know, it really is OK to be "wrong" on this board. I thought that Rob Johnson would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. It perplexes me how some posters over the years just can't admit to being wrong. Gilmore went from the Hall of Fame (on this board) to trade bait for a 6th round pick, but I am the one who was "wrong?" 

Gotcha Bro. 

I'm wrong quite often enough, and admit it when I believe I am. But you still haven't managed to come up with even ONE end of the depth chart. CB who Gilmore isn't better than. He'll have to pass a physical, I believe, so I'm thinking your "medial report" issue is nonsense at this point. 

I tell you what, if Gilmore doesn't play this year due to him being injured now, I'll say I was wrong. If he plays and looks worse than the worst CB on ANY NFL team, I'll say I was wrong.  But as of now, your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on. What they got in trade doesn't equal his ability or value. They were in a no win situation and took squat for him. The Pats* got NOTHING for Antonio Brown. He must not be better than the worst WR on teams, or they would be lining up to sign him, right?

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Nonsene. If a team thought that he was just so great (as you clearly believe) they could have easily cut a not great player to make space for him. They also could have reworked his deal and the cap hit would have been not so bad.

I always admitted that Gilmore was a good player until he dogged it in Buffalo towards the end. He got even better when he left here he got better. Some posters on this board (with you leading the charge) insinuated that he was an all time great. Well, on his way to Canton, he was traded for a 6th round draft pick!!!😀😁😂

So you see, the all knowing Alpha Man was wrong. Was this the first time in your life? 

Except none of what you said here is grounded in facts or reality either.  You clearly do not understand the cap.  

Second, you are now making things up I didn't say.  I never once spoke about his "all time" status or even the HOF...I said he is without question considered a top 10 CB by everyone in the NFL at his position, and many still have him as a top 5 player and his performance and stats back that up.  Albeit, I fully believe he will make the HOF, but I am saying that now for the first given you brought it up, but never did I discuss his legacy in any other post even once.  Just his current status across the NFL.  

So to recap...you have created false scenarios and crazy conspiracy theories of BB and Brady still being in cahoots that have no reality, logic, or reason to them in some desperate attempt on your crusade to somehow prove Gilmore isn't any good anymore.  Its getting comical at best now.  

You have also yet to prove a single thing I said that is wrong.  Not one thing, yet I am somehow wrong because I stated he is regarded as a top 10 CB still and he would make any team better?  Good luck proving that wrong, you are the only one sitting on that island.  

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

The Pats* got NOTHING for Antonio Brown. He must not be better than the worst WR on teams, or they would be lining up to sign him, right?

Not to mention, but the Pats got Randy Moss for a 4th who went on to set NFL records in several WR categories with the Patriots after that.  His logic about the 6th round draft compensation is ridiculous and he clearly has no idea how the cap works or what cap hits are when you cut players.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not to mention, but the Pats got Randy Moss for a 4th who went on to set NFL records in several WR categories with the Patriots after that.  His logic about the 6th round draft compensation is ridiculous and he clearly has no idea how the cap works or what cap hits are when you cut players.  

Moss and Brown were considered to be high risk "head cases." 

Gilmore just went for a 6th round pick. Nice call all knowing one.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

I tell you what, if Gilmore doesn't play this year due to him being injured now, I'll say I was wrong. If he plays and looks worse than the worst CB on ANY NFL team, I'll say I was wrong.  

Really WAY out there on a limb, aren't we?  😁 

As far as Antonio Brown, I think that he might have had an issue or two, no?

C'mon Brian, you can do better than this.

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Really WAY out there on a limb, aren't we?  😁 

As far as Antonio Brown, I think that he might have had an issue or two, no?

Lol...says they guy who not only doesn't know how the cap works or apparently how the NFL works, but also makes up make believe conspiracy theories in a desperate attempt at selling his agenda.  😂

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

With respect, Bill, I would have liked to get Gilmore on a part year deal and hope he played for his next contract. We will face teams, esp in the playoffs, with good QBs and WRs. Lot of the Defense will depend on the DBs and we can't have enough of them. Getting Gilmore would be like getting Trubisky to cover all critical positions for the SB run

Edited by Fan in Chicago

42 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

Better than what, Bill. Alpha made the statement that Gilmore would make any roster better. You refuted that and made about zero sense doing it. I'm asking you to clarify the point. Do you think Gilmore isn't better than any team's lowest ranked CB?  Because that would defeat Alpha's very simply, very reasonable, claim. You can't even get over that very low bar, with this nonsense. Now he has to be a HOFer to be an asset?  And you are somehow equating middle of the season, last gasp deals as the ultimate measure of a player's ability Please. I know you can do better than that!  Do you do the same with draft pick position?

Not sure why mine is a quotes

Edited by The Dean

12 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

With respect, Bill, I would have liked to get Gilmore on a part year deal and hope he played for his next contract. We will face teams, esp in the playoffs, with good QBs and WRs. Lot of the Defense will depend on the DBs and we can't have enough of them. Getting Gilmore would be like getting Trubisky to cover all critical positions for the SB run

OK, I respect that. If you were the Bills GM you could have got him for a 5th round pick. Maybe a 4th because we are in the same division as NE. But, Bellichick HAS traded with us before. Remember the Bledsoe deal? ;) 

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

OK, I respect that. If you were the Bills GM you could have got him for a 5th round pick. Maybe a 4th because we are in the same division as NE. But, Bellichick HAS traded with us before. Remember the Bledsoe deal? ;) 

You are now explaining to yourself one of the reasons they only got a 6th round pick. You get that, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Not sure why mine is a quotes

Brian, he doesn't have to make the hall of fame. I never said that and truthfully, this has gone far enough imo. 

In my last attempt to clarify my position, certain posters were talking about Gilmore as if he is an all time great. The other poster who of course makes no mistakes declared that Gilmore is a HOF player. My thing is, he went for a 6th round pick Brian, a 6th ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!

My other point is that teams could have cut players to take him if they thought he was THAT great. There could have been a bidding war. They did not, and there was not.

In any event, I am done. I have known you for years and it is clear that none of us are likely to budge, especially the "Alpha" man. This is not important enough to fight over. I can't speak for others but even if I am wrong, my ego wouldn't be bruised by a silly mistake. I am not trying to dominate this conversation, anyone, or anything. I have nothing to prove here. I suppose that I'm not an alpha male. :( 

Take care of yourself Bro. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Love when the Ye Olde Folkes get a little fire in their craw

Makes for a good read and chuckles from me.
Now get of my lawn

Hey. That's our line, ya whippersnapper!

On 10/7/2021 at 8:37 PM, The Dean said:

Hey. That's our line, ya whippersnapper!

No disrespect Pops !

On 10/7/2021 at 8:39 PM, Green Lightning said:

Love it when young folks can't either quote or spell.

i sure aint young no more, Green  :)
cant quote cant speell and horrid grammar from me

and do not care one whip

Go Bills !

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.