Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Definitely not, but if THAT was what they were willing to take, you can't tell me a 2022 pick of some kind... a 5th or even 4th rounder, wouldn't have been better lol

I would have to think they would not trade Gilmore to us. Not even a 3rd. I don’t think the hoodies ego would allow him to strengthen us. He’s still coaching to win this division. 

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

Definitely not, but if THAT was what they were willing to take, you can't tell me a 2022 pick of some kind... a 5th or even 4th rounder, wouldn't have been better lol

I would have to think they would not trade Gilmore to us. Not even a 3rd. I don’t think the hoodies ego would allow him to strengthen us. He’s still coaching to win this division. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

He traded Bledsoe to us, and released Lawyer Milloy right before the season when we were about to play them, so who knows? 

I was going to also make a joke about him giving up trying to win the division at this point, but I don't want to jinx the Bills 😅

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Thank you, that was the first thing I was wondering when I heard about the trade.  I don't understand how he could have been traded if he was released earlier.

Because it wasn’t official until 4 pm so an offer placed before and Carolina doesn’t have to compete for his rights.  Pretty simple.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Success said:

A 6th works for me.  I was happier w/ no return at all - but what could the Pats possibly do w/ a 6th rounder?

Considering Belicheks stellar draft picks? Virtually nothing, 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As others stated, this was a best case scenario for the Bills.  Didn't go to someone in our path to the SB like KC or other AFC contender.  Didn't got to one of the favorites in the NFC to make the SB that we could face like the Bucs or Packers for instance.  And while the Pats did get something back for him instead of nothing, its just a 6th.

Good for Gilmore and good for the Panthers.  They lost Horn and now bring in Gilmore whose even better to help what has been an impressive defense thus far through the season.  They definitely got better and only cost them a 6th.  Panthers are on a good path right now, and while I don't really expect them to reach the SB this year, they certainly are one of those second tier teams that could be troublesome come playoff time.  Especially if McCaffrey can stay healthy in the playoffs and the defense keeps playing well.

Since when did everyone become so frightened of facing Gilmore?

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Cheaters must have been shopping him earlier (to some teams, like the Panthers).  I guess the 3-1 start made the Panthers change their minds.

Yes, that 3-1 start must have convinced them to cough up such a heavy price LOL!!!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Since when did everyone become so frightened of facing Gilmore?

Not everyone.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.