Eagles

TSNBDSC

54 minutes ago, teef said:

i think i'd rather have someone punch me in the face for 45 minutes.

We went with friends to see the Hotel California show when they were here. The entire first set was the Hotel California album, note for note. It may have actually BEEN the recording, and they even show a video as though they are putting the stylus to an album. I could have closed my eyes (well, I DID close my eyes at times) and imagined I was in my living room listening to the CD. The difference was, in my living room I could have changed the channel. 

The second act was a little better, but just OK. I get that some people LOVE them. A college buddy has seen them at least a dozen times. The rest of our group that night LOVED the evening, but dinner before was the highlight for me. I don’t HATE the Eagles, but I usually change the channel when they come on. I don’t know if it’s because they have been so overplayed over the years, but I look for something better.

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Augie said:

We went with friends to see the Hotel California show when they were here. The entire first set was the Hotel California, note for note. It may have actually BEEN the recording, and they even show a video as though they are putting the stylus to an album. I could have closed my eyes (well, I DID close my eyes at times) and imagined I was in my living room listening to the CD. The difference was, in my living room I could have changed the channel. 

The second act was a little better, but just OK. I get that some people LOVE them. A college buddy has seen them at least a dozen times. The rest of our group that night LOVED the evening, but dinner before was the highlight for me. I don’t HATE the Eagles, but I usually change the channel when they come on. I don’t know if it’s because they have been so overplayed over the years, but I look for something better.

i completely understand.  i just like to overplay my hate for the eagles for the reaction.  i respect them as a band, but if they come on the radio, i usually start surfing around to see what else tickles my fancy. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I meant the fans.  There are still purists who think Pete Best was wrongly replaced. 😁

Ohhh, I see.  Well, he quit.  They didn't fire him.  And I don't know if there was a better replacement on the planet than Timothy B. Schmidt.  Schmidt checked all of the boxes - most importantly singing ability and high range.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Ohhh, I see.  Well, he quit.  They didn't fire him.  And I don't know if there was a better replacement on the planet than Timothy B. Schmidt.  Schmidt checked all of the boxes - most importantly singing ability and high range.

And I heard they just signed Jack Anderson off the practice squad😉

7 hours ago, teef said:

i completely understand.  i just like to overplay my hate for the eagles for the reaction.  i respect them as a band, but if they come on the radio, i usually start surfing around to see what else tickles my fancy. 

I’m not looking to “tickle your fancy” (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but at this time tomorrow I’ll be at an Eric Clapton performance with the wife and friends. THAT is a show I look forward to. I’d also love to see Van Morrison, but that would have required travel (forget where) and the tix were $1,200 each. Seriously? We got 4 good Clapton seats for that! 

15 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m not looking to “tickle your fancy” (not that there’s anything wrong with that), but at this time tomorrow I’ll be at an Eric Clapton performance with the wife and friends. THAT is a show I look forward to. I’d also love to see Van Morrison, but that would have required travel (forget where) and the tix were $1,200 each. Seriously? We got 4 good Clapton seats for that! 

$1200 to see a 76-year-old Van Morrison?  Oh, hail no!

16 hours ago, Augie said:

i'd be completely down' for clapton, but i honestly wouldn't expect much.  a lot of these guys just don't sound great anymore, but i have to imagine clapton still puts on a show.   i like van morrison too, but for $1200, i better be sitting on his lap...even then.

while i'm at it, you know who i just can't handle either?  james taylor.  i just want to fall asleep after listening to that *****.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i'd be completely down' for clapton, but i honestly wouldn't expect much.  a lot of these guys just don't sound great anymore, but i have to imagine clapton still puts on a show.   i like van morrison too, but for $1200, i better be sitting on his lap...even then.

while i'm at it, you know who i just can't handle either?  james taylor.  i just want to fall asleep after listening to that *****.

I saw James Taylor once and it was worth every penny! We were in high school with nothing to do so we drove up to Niagara Falls for kicks. Saw that he was playing up there, and a hobby of my friends was sneaking into concerts. They had done it dozens of time, but it was my first time. You always remember the first time, right? 

I was shocked by how many “old people” were there. You know, people about half my age now. Anyway, we all walked up to separate gates about the same time….and just RAN! Nobody even chased us, which was almost disappointing to this stupid young kid. Then I had to pay the ultimate price - sitting thru the concert…..

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.