Trubisky performing the final kneel-downs?

Trubisky has played 3,168 snaps to date in his NFL career. If just a 3rd of those were from under center, hes taken 1045 snaps in an NFL game.

Not to mention every practice rep, preseason rep, college rep, HS rep, pee wee football rep and just general offseason practice rep, Mitch has probably done that at least 10,000 times

This is like breathing for NFL Qbs

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You are trying way too hard to find something to be concerned about.  I'm sure Mitch knows how to handle snaps just fine.

Unless I'm mistaken, kneels count as a rush for a loss, and they didn't want to knock down Josh's decent rush stats for the game.

*edit*

Josh averaged 7 yards per rush on 5 carries.  The 2 kneels at the end of the game losing a yard each would have brought down his average to 4.7 yards per rush.

Yup. Just look at Tom Brady's ypc lifetime! Granted, he's hardly a runner, but he's better than 1.6 ypc lifetime! I bet you half of those 637 carries of his are kneel-downs.

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Speaking of guaranteed win, I wanted to see Mitch in the game after we went up 4 TDs.  Maybe even 3 since our run game was working and would be able to drain the clock to minimize risk of a comeback.

Our offense (well josh) is sputtering already from missing pre season, and just generally being early season. Later in the year we woulda saw the qb change but let the boys get some practice reps together while it doesn't mean too much!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Not that it really matters, but I was surprised to see Trubisky carry out the (usually) trivial final kneel downs at the end of the game.

In considering pros and cons of having the (cold) backup QB handle this duty, I couldn't think of any pros (give Josh a rest?), but I can think of a con: A fumbled snap.

Wouldn't it be better for the already-warmed up starter, who has been taking handoffs from Morse all game, to handle the final duties?

I'm wondering why he wasn't in the game SOONER. WHY was Allen out there with a 35-0 lead?

8 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Not that it really matters, but I was surprised to see Trubisky carry out the (usually) trivial final kneel downs at the end of the game.

In considering pros and cons of having the (cold) backup QB handle this duty, I couldn't think of any pros (give Josh a rest?), but I can think of a con: A fumbled snap.

Wouldn't it be better for the already-warmed up starter, who has been taking handoffs from Morse all game, to handle the final duties?

This is why they signed him!!

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Yup. Just look at Tom Brady's ypc lifetime! Granted, he's hardly a runner, but he's better than 1.6 ypc lifetime! I bet you half of those 637 carries of his are kneel-downs.

Yeah I've seen him run for a good handful of first downs even as a 40+ year old lamp post.

8 hours ago, BoccesOnTransit said:

Is there a rule I was unaware of that states if a back-up QB fumbles a "victory formation" kneel-down snap, the opposing team is awarded 35 points???

If not, I could care less if they sent Star or Ed Oliver in to take those snaps.

C'mon man!!!!!!!