Does anyone else sort of avoid this place after a loss?

eball

On 9/16/2021 at 4:13 PM, Devilmann said:

Nope not at all. Losses bring out all the doom and gloom people that want to be nothing but negative about every little thing. 

Well, except in Week 1, there was NADA to be positive about!

* Not 2019 Josh

* Not a Fiddy Cent O Line

* Not some Stone Handed WRs

* Not the idiot Punter

* Not a terrible Game Plan from Dumball

* Not some curious at best, 4th. Down decisions from McClapper!

After the Opening KO, it was downhill... continuously. Who didn’t see that? Having seen all of it, I have moved on to the Fish. If it’s a repeat, then Houston we got a BIG problem!

I don’t expect it to be!

53 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Well, except in Week 1, there was NADA to be positive about!

* Not 2019 Josh

* Not a Fiddy Cent O Line

* Not some Stone Handed WRs

* Not the idiot Punter

* Not a terrible Game Plan from Dumball

* Not some curious at best, 4th. Down decisions from McClapper!

After the Opening KO, it was downhill... continuously. Who didn’t see that? Having seen all of it, I have moved on to the Fish. If it’s a repeat, then Houston we got a BIG problem!

I don’t expect it to be!

I agree. If the season isn’t won or lost in Week One…it sure as heck isn’t won at the Draft, in OTAs, Camp, or Preseason. The lights are on, the curtain is up, the audience is in their seats. It’s show time… Let’s go already!

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I tend to avoid it after big, easy wins, b/c that's when the kool aid drinkers come out, ridiculous predictions start flying, and it's just generally better to avoid.

For some reason, as I've said for years, your average 2BD member is a kool aid drinker type who simply wants to cheer on the team as part of a booster club culture.

I just want objective analysis of what's going on with the team, if that's bad news, so be it.  

Those are 2 very different purposes.

I think the "reason" is pretty obvious. This is a fan forum. Fan is short for fanatic. I don't blame anyone for having a really subjective and emotional style of fandom. That isn't my style of fandom but I understand why it is for many people.

20 hours ago, Epictetus said:

I usually wait until  Wednesday or Thursday, win or lose, to avoid the hot takes and internecine warfare between posters.  I am mainly interested in why the Bills won or lost.  I am especially interested in the bad news associated with the wins and he good news associated with the losses.  I seek out the comments of thoswho seem to know what they are talking about  (&GunnerBill et alia) and those who actually watched the game (&Virgil et alia).  I avoid looking at ESPN and most of the national media, but I do that anyway, so it is not relevant to this thread.

The Buffalo Bills have been my one and only NFL team since 1960.  I would not disown the Bills for one bad game or one bad year any more than I would disown one of my children for one bad report card.  Yes, it is important to recognize where improvement is required, but one must realize the limitations of being a fan.  I can care all I want, but I am not the owner, GM, or coaching staff who make all the decisions (good or bad) for the team.

image.png.d605442736959bfea16476a2eac56dea.png

• Like (+1) 1

For me it’s an issue of over the top doomism, 

it’s so bad it rivals the GDT, if one wants to critique a specific aspect of say, a coaching skill, most will take the comments on just the game played as a wholesale condemnation of the entire team top to bottom, instead of what was actually in print, I stated that I believe Dabol is very inflexible in his ability to make changes quickly to stop doing what is not working, and several of my fellow fans grabbed it and ran for the mountains so to speak, ya just can’t have a civilized discussion about a specific failing that happened in just one game without folk getting crazy 😜, it’s not that I’m not without my faults, as many of you well know, I can be a bit dick-ish and I apologize to all of those that I do that to, so let’s all try to not take our fellow fans remarks out of context, and at the same time we should all try not to make silly statements that make others crazy, like how I get 😁👍 this could very well make this awesome site all the better! Jmo…, 

Go Bills!!!