Predict the Season

GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for the in-depth prediction Gunner…love the optimism!

For nearly twenty years I was able to commit to a solidly mediocre 7-9 but that seventeenth game has me on the fence this season. 😉

If the Bills are anything close to that record it would catastrophic.

Unless every starter(all 22) got banged up more than 5 losses would be a disaster.

Those 7-9  or 8-9 or 7-10 days should be long behind us and a distant memory thank God :)

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Talking of schedules go look at the first half of the Colts season.... brutal. They could end up 1-5 or something like that very easily. 

Take a look at the Browns schedule…un real.  They play 4 playoff teams (Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens, Packers).  By far the easiest schedule in the AFC.

Edited by Weatherman

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Take a look at the Browns schedule…un real.  They play 4 playoff teams (Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens, Packers).  By far the easiest schedule in the NFL.

I  fairness that is still 6 games against playoff teams, but yea they have a scheduling break. It happens the way the rotations work. You land on a couple of divisions with down years and hey presto you have a workable schedule. They do play the Chargers too mind you who everyone expects to be decent.

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

That all changed when Allen threw that TD pass to Diggs with 30 seconds or so left. Then to lose on hail mary when 3 Bills defenders were in perfect position to make the play. That loss was "THE LOSS" for 2020 as it certainly felt like getting kicked in the nuts.

Ok I misunderstood you. I was talking about games that we are (betting) favourites before them, but you are apparently talking about games Bills shouldn't lose based on the game itself.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ok I misunderstood you. I was talking about games that we are (betting) favourites before them, but you are apparently talking about games Bills shouldn't lose based on the game itself.

Especially that game. I agree with you in that it was 50/50 going in and it was a road game so if the Bills would have lost in normal fashion then it wouldn't have been a big deal. But to get the lead with 30 seconds left and lose it the way they did was painful. 

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. The Browns in 2019 and Cardinals in 2020 are the closest to surprise losses and both were tricky road games against ascending young teams. McDermott since he has been here has been very, very good at winning the games he should win and not having those shock let down games.

I am not going to predict each game, but here is my divisional prediction:

Bills: 12-5 -  A tougher schedule and a probable split with the Pats, who look to be much better than last season. Genuinely difficult games: both Pats games, Tampa, Pitt (although I think they win this one), TN, Indy, KC, and maybe Washington in the final week. 

Pats: 11-6 - They appear to be a LOT better than last season. They still have the greatest coach of all time, and their roster is greatly improved. We don’t like it, but they’ll be good and always a tough out. I wouldn’t want to face them in the playoffs.

Miami: 9-8 / 8-9 - solid roster with a lot of talent, but I’m not a believer in the QB. If he’s genuinely physically recovered form the hip injury, though, he’ll be better. It really limited him last season. The jury is still out on that, of course.

Jets: 5-12 - Still bad, but more competitive than last season given the improved roster and a head coach who simply has to be better than Gase. One of those teams that will probably lose to the Bills twice but might sneak one from them in a close game.

18 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Take a look at the Browns schedule…un real.  They play 4 playoff teams (Chiefs, Steelers, Ravens, Packers).  By far the easiest schedule in the AFC.

They play the Steelers and Ravens twice, so that’s six games, not four. It’s a tough call because the Browns are legit, but I’m picking the Ravens (ever so slightly) to win that division. They have just won too many blowouts in the last couple of seasons to think they’ll win anything less than 11 games.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

17-0  on the way to 20-0 :)

At least now its not a pie in the sky dream ;)

I always used to pick 11-5 or 10-6 but this team could easily go 15-2 with a 3-0 playoff and SB Title #1 for the Buffalo Bills

13 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

The Steelers for the opener makes me nervous.  The Bills season will go as that game goes. 

Hoping for 13-14 wins. 

The Bills have beat them 2 years straight.

I think we play Renegade in between the 3rd and 4th Quarters to rub it in their face ;)

PIT: W. 27-21 tight win as Steelers play tighter but can only get so close

@MIA: L. 24-21 Allen finally plays human and the Bills get caught against a Dolphins team that is looking to prove something

WFT: W. 28-20 Washington hangs around the whole time but Bills are a step above and Fitz can't tie the game on final drive

HOU: W. 35-10 Blowout as Texas play for top overall pick this year. Tyrod gets a standing O for killing the drought

@KC: L. 28-24 Bills lose but mark my words it will be because of a highly controversial call one way or the other that decides the game. The Bills will have the lead also in the 4th quarter adding to Bills fans anguish on the loss.

@TEN: W. 31-27 The game is a track meet but Buffalo wins on the final drive to right the ship at 4-2

MIA: W. 31-20 Dolphins hang in but Bills make no mistake this time around and Allen throws for 400

@JAC: W. 27-17 Jags make a game of it and Lawrence shows he will be entering the AFC top QB discussion soon

@NYJ: W. 41-13 After a lot of closer games the Bills throttle the Jets as Wilson can't do much and a Jets defense can't do much as they are talent thin.

IND: W. 24-14 I think the Colts are not a great team but they are well coached. This game mimics the Chargers last year as Buffalo is the better team but it is close

@NO: W. 29-18 The Saints are a .500 team to me and it is mostly close but the better QB decides the game as Allen gets a late TD to seal the win

NE: W. 27-20 Patriots are improved and it is a tight game like last year at home but the Bills improved defense allows Buffalo ahead throughout and the Pats QB are a bit confused

@TB: L.  27-17 The last time the Bills won in Tampa Bay was 1991 and they have only won twice in TB while losing 7 times. They just seem to have bad games here. Close game until a late fumble by Singletary allows TB to kick a FG mid 4th quarter and ice the game.

CAR: W 34-24. Spirited scoring affair but Buffalo keeps it a 10 pt game pretty much throughout as Allen has his second 400 yd day of the year

@NE: L 21-17. The Patriots built their team to beat Buffalo and finally reign in the Bills. Doesn't matter division is already out of reach and Bills are still able to get AFC top seed as KC has more losses.

ATL: W 28-14. Falcons game is a snoozer as Buffalo jumps out to an early 21-0 lead and just sits ahead the rest of the game. This game has a lot of snow also.

NYJ: W 31-17. Late Jets TD makes the game look closer, it isn't. Another cold blistery day sees the Bills clinch the top AFC seed.

Final record 13-4, 9-3 AFC conference record and 4-2 in division

PPG scored: 27.76 (472 pts)

PPG allowed:18.88 (321 pts)

Overall it will be another great year with the team in general a little more balanced as the offense is slightly less pass happy because the run game is more effective and the defense reverts back to being top 10. Teams that have scored 500 pts or more have regressed the year after by at least 5 TDs and I think a few of last years wins got inflated late. Additionally having fans back will bring points down a little across the board in the league. Flip side is even though PPG falls by 3.54, PPG allowed also falls by almost 5. The Bills under McD had never had a defense with a DVOA ranked above 10 and last year they were 12th. Trust me the defense is coming back hard this year. Division wise NE (10-7) comes in 2nd and Miami 3rd (10-7) as both make the playoffs and sweeping division is incredibly tough. NE only did it a handful of times with Brady which is why I have them at 4-2. I could see them at 12-5 but honestly looking at the schedule I had a hard time even getting to 13-4.

Bills host the Chargers in Division and win, host KC and finally slay the dragon, and then beat LA in the SB.

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

As above... by losing that game they'd have failed to sweep it for the second straight year. 

lol whoops reading is hard someimtes

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am not going to predict each game, but here is my divisional prediction:

Bills: 12-5 -  A tougher schedule and a probable split with the Pats, who look to be much better than last season. Genuinely difficult games: both Pats games, Tampa, Pitt (although I think they win this one), TN, Indy, KC, and maybe Washington in the final week. 

Washington is week 4. I do think that is a tough game. The only one of those I am very confident on is Indy. I have zero, absolute zero faith in their Quarterback situation whether Wentz plays or not. They have downgraded at the most important position on the team. And having looked at their schedule too.... they could be off to a really rough start and if they are I don't think an implosion is beyond the realm of possibility. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Washington is week 4. I do think that is a tough game. The only one of those I am very confident on is Indy. I have zero, absolute zero faith in their Quarterback situation whether Wentz plays or not. They have downgraded at the most important position on the team. And having looked at their schedule too.... they could be off to a really rough start and if they are I don't think an implosion is beyond the realm of possibility. 

Wentz should be fine by that point. The last time Wentz played against Buffalo, he played great. I suspect he regresses to the mean, which means upward movement. 

• Disagree 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Wentz should be fine by that point. The last time Wentz played against Buffalo, he played great. I suspect he regresses to the mean, which means upward movement. 

The last time Wentz played football he was pulled for Jalen Hurts because he couldn't let the ball go let alone get it to a teammate. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The last time Wentz played football he was pulled for Jalen Hurts because he couldn't let the ball go let alone get it to a teammate. 

Like I said, regression to the mean. He is going from a team that had arguably the worst o-line in the league to a team with one of the very best. Let’s wait and see. He was actually pretty good in the previous two seasons and basically got them to the playoffs nearly single-handedly in 2019.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He turned into Trentative Edwards ;)

Not gonna predict scores, just wins and losses:

PIT: W (after coming out very flat in the first half)

@MIA: W

WFT: W

HOU: W

@KC: W

@TEN: L

MIA: W

@JAC: W

@NYJ: W

IND: L

@NO: W

NE: W

@TB: W

CAR: W

@NE: W

ATL: W

NYJ: L

14-3, baby

Edited by RiotAct

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Like I said, regression to the mean. He is going from a team that had arguably the worst o-line in the league to a team with one of the very best. Let’s wait and see.

I just don't think he can play. Most of his issues last year were on him. If Carson Wentz looks like even a league average NFL Quarterback this year I'd vote for Frank Reich as coach of the year regardless of record. That is how convinced I am that the guy is broken beyond repair.

• Agree 1