It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/health/covid-antibody-treatment-doctors/index.html

How is it possible that 2 full months after this treatment became readily available to everyone in Florida so much of the country is unaware it exists? Literally today I saw a sign outside a clinic that they have them available. It would seem those that work for Pfizer, like Sundancer, want to keep us in the dark that there is a good medicine.

I know Tennessee has a gov website with info where to get it. I looked at and have about 15 locations to choose from in a 25 mile radius from where I live. Not sure if that means any of those 15 could give it to me right this minute, but I'm glad it seems we have a lot of options where I live

8 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

I know Tennessee has a gov website with info where to get it. I looked at and have about 15 locations to choose from in a 25 mile radius from where I live. Not sure if that means any of those 15 could give it to me right this minute, but I'm glad it seems we have a lot of options where I live

It is obviously possible that CNN is printing garbage, but it makes liberals look bad so I did trust it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha they don't even know what the word vaccinated means anymore but ok.....

Your dystopia awaits folks

Unvaccinated Americans to face tighter COVID testing requirements in new US travel system

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/10/25/unvaccinated-american-travelers-face-covid-testing-upon-return-us/6173830001/

Just 15 more days!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Back with more lies? I guess that’s what liars do. 

The story to end the pandemic is simple: Get vaccinated. Don’t defend the people not getting vaccinated because they are wrong. Get vaccinated. End the pandemic. 

What lies tomorrow liar? 

Liar? You’re clueless a twit. I asked a question! I didn’t make a statement. For the millionth time…I AM VACCINATED! I’m asking a simple question: if you’all are on here day and night commenting on a thread entitled “Time for vaccine mandates”…why hasn’t the President mandated them then? Why? Anyone? 

• Like (+1) 1

If this pandemic was truly the apocalyptic plague we are led to believe it is, we wouldn’t need mandates...think about that for a moment...😉

If this virus was truly so dangerous, why does the government need to threaten people to take a vaccine?

We know that people 65 and up are the most vulnerable...and yet 95% of them are vaccinated without being forced...

Why? Simple... Because these people assessed the level of danger and took action to protect themselves...no mandate required...

But the rest of the population simply doesn’t trust a government, controlled by Big Pharma, that tries to force them to get medicated when the danger is just not that high...

Even the smart people, who are vaccinated, don’t want the mandate- because they are wise enough to see where this will lead to, down the road...and they don’t want to be forced either...👍

7 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Do you do anything except shill for your employer? The pandemic is not ending due to vaccines, even if everyone who can safely get the vaccine does get it there will still be people getting Covid. Covid will always be with us in perpetuity and anyone honest has been saying that since last summer when we started seeing the variants. 

The pandemic is ending when we can stabilize Covid occurrences with a minimum of deaths and hospitalizations.  The world has shown that natural immunity from free/semi-free circulating and mutating Covid is a horribly wrong idea.  See Russian numbers.

Vaccines coupled with slowly rising natural immunity is what gets us there.  

For those worried about long term effects of the vaccines, go take a hard look at the long term effects of Covid and realize that is riskier.

Florida and the south showed us that as of late summer we're not there yet.  California, on the other hand, fared much better.

The holidays are almost upon us and corresponding winter outbreak in Jan/Feb will tell us how close we are to ending the pandemic.

Edited by GaryPinC
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

Well it's the unvaccinated who are stressing the hospitals at a very high cost. They should be mandated to pay higher healthcare premiums then. 

How about we just hire more staff (instead of firing staff)? Ya know- the thing most companies do when business goes up...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Liar? You’re clueless a twit. I asked a question! I didn’t make a statement. For the millionth time…I AM VACCINATED! I’m asking a simple question: if you’all are on here day and night commenting on a thread entitled “Time for vaccine mandates”…why hasn’t the President mandated them then? Why? Anyone? 

You already know your a liar from your lies a few days ago that you can’t own because you have no honor. And to imply that I support a federal mandate is further evidence of what you are, a liar. 

This has become the thread to talk about vaccines. I don’t think you support govt mandates because you’re posting in it. 

50 minutes ago, ALF said:

Well it's the unvaccinated who are stressing the hospitals at a very high cost. They should be mandated to pay higher healthcare premiums then. 

Not legal to do that. They could pay higher life insurance premiums though. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

If this pandemic was truly the apocalyptic plague we are led to believe it is, we wouldn’t need mandates...think about that for a moment...😉

If this virus was truly so dangerous, why does the government need to threaten people to take a vaccine?

We know that people 65 and up are the most vulnerable...and yet 95% of them are vaccinated without being forced...

Why? Simple... Because these people assessed the level of danger and took action to protect themselves...no mandate required...

But the rest of the population simply doesn’t trust a government, controlled by Big Pharma, that tries to force them to get medicated when the danger is just not that high...

Even the smart people, who are vaccinated, don’t want the mandate- because they are wise enough to see where this will lead to, down the road...and they don’t want to be forced either...👍

How have you felt about other vaccine mandates for kids? 

BTW, people resisted the smallpox vaccine too. People can be dumb. 

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Well in some cases

Delta Air Lines is raising health insurance premiums for unvaccinated employees by $200 a month to cover higher Covid costs

“The average hospital stay for COVID-19 has cost Delta $50,000 per person,” Bastian said in an employee memo. “This surcharge will be necessary to address the financial risk the decision to not vaccinate is creating for our company.

Delta, which self-insures its employees, stands out in its plans to raise premiums for unvaccinated workers to cover the higher costs of insuring employees who get Covid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/delta-air-lines-unvaccinated-employees-will-face-200-fees-if-they-dont-get-covid-vaccine.html

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You already know your a liar from your lies a few days ago that you can’t own because you have no honor. And to imply that I support a federal mandate is further evidence of what you are, a liar. 

This has become the thread to talk about vaccines. I don’t think you support govt mandates because you’re posting in it. 

How have you felt about other vaccine mandates for kids? 

BTW, people resisted the smallpox vaccine too. People can be dumb. 

Well, with regards to the vaccines for kids, a few scientific studies have recently come out saying that young boys 12-15 were 4-6 times more likely to end up in the hospital due to vaccine side effects (myocarditis) than actually getting sick from covid...that’s actually quite a bit...

Another study came out and said kids under 12 are extremely low risk of, not just being hospitalized, but even getting sick from covid...they are actually more immune to the virus than a middle aged vaccinated person...So mandating vaccination for kids does not seem like it would be following the science...

As for people being dumb, that is their right...that’s why people should make their own individual choices to best protect themselves...it’s not a “one size fits all” situation...👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, with regards to the vaccines for kids, a few scientific studies have recently come out saying that young boys 12-15 were 4-6 times more likely to end up in the hospital due to vaccine side effects (myocarditis) than actually getting sick from covid...that’s actually quite a bit...

Another study came out and said kids under 12 are extremely low risk of, not just being hospitalized, but even getting sick from covid...they are actually more immune to the virus than a middle aged vaccinated person...So mandating vaccination for kids does not seem like it would be following the science...

As for people being dumb, that is their right...that’s why people should make their own individual choices to best protect themselves...it’s not a “one size fits all” situation...👍

Cool but not what I asked. “How have you felt about other vaccine mandates for kids? ”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Well in some cases

Delta Air Lines is raising health insurance premiums for unvaccinated employees by $200 a month to cover higher Covid costs

“The average hospital stay for COVID-19 has cost Delta $50,000 per person,” Bastian said in an employee memo. “This surcharge will be necessary to address the financial risk the decision to not vaccinate is creating for our company.

Delta, which self-insures its employees, stands out in its plans to raise premiums for unvaccinated workers to cover the higher costs of insuring employees who get Covid.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/delta-air-lines-unvaccinated-employees-will-face-200-fees-if-they-dont-get-covid-vaccine.html

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Well in some cases

I am no insurance expert and I think someone here works for an insurance company because he mentioned it before. My Google PhD says that insurers cannot charge unvaccinated people more (but they can charge smokers more?). But maybe employers can charge more for the policies—perhaps that’s the wrinkle? I dunno. I would have thought employers would do it as an incentive: Get vaxxed, lower premium. A million years ago I used to get a premiums discount from a company for going to the gym. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Cool but not what I asked. “How have you felt about other vaccine mandates for kids? ”

Unfortunately, attempting to give an answer on those other vaccines would do a disservice to the conversation, as I am not knowledgeable on those topics...

Edited by JaCrispy

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Wait ….you forgot the classic…”pants on fire”.  

So you don’t want to talk about federal mandates? Okie Dokie, how about State mandates then? I live in deep blue California and even we don’t have a State mandate. Again I ask…why?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

4 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

The pandemic is ending when we can stabilize Covid occurrences with a minimum of deaths and hospitalizations.  The world has shown that natural immunity from free/semi-free circulating and mutating Covid is a horribly wrong idea.  See Russian numbers.

Vaccines coupled with slowly rising natural immunity is what gets us there.  

For those worried about long term effects of the vaccines, go take a hard look at the long term effects of Covid and realize that is riskier.

Florida and the south showed us that as of late summer we're not there yet.  California, on the other hand, fared much better.

The holidays are almost upon us and corresponding winter outbreak in Jan/Feb will tell us how close we are to ending the pandemic.

Interesting you would pick Russian numbers and not Sweden who remained open the entire time, yet has a rate of death about 2/3 ours. The simple fact that in Florida well more than half of those eligible to get the vaccine got it by early summer yet our numbers went to the highest marks after that should give you pause on the effectiveness of the vaccine to stop Covid. In Florida we have been almost completely free since June 2020, why would Covid have spiked in Sept of 2021 if the vaccine is the way to beat it?

22 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In Florida we have been almost completely free since June 2020, why would Covid have spiked in Sept of 2021 if the vaccine is the way to beat it?

It's called the Delta variant infected those still unvaccinated.

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

You believe that despite the majority of adults are vaccinated in Florida, almost 2/3, that the 1/3 not vaccinated were infected at 3 times the rate of those not vaccinated last summer and winter? If you believe that I can't argue but that is how your math works.

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

This is not entirely true...While the unvaccinated remained the larger group getting sick, the original covid vaccine has a lower efficacy against Delta...so more vaccinated people were getting sick and hospitalized as well...