QB coach Ken Dorsey promoted to “Passing Game Coordinator”

I'll admit I forgot this change occurred and now, much of the Offensive struggles do make sense. I'm not blaming Dorsey individually or saying there is causality between Dorsey's "Passing Game Coordinator" title and the lack of production we've seen in the Offense, but I do think there is some sort of correlation. I don't know what role Dorsey plays in all of this, but IMHO it would be short-sighted to fail to address it *must* play some type of role, whether that's just in communication or comfort between Josh and Dorsey, or whatever - but this is the only measurable difference between last year and this year.

In other places, i.e. Twitter, that I think this is all mental for Josh. He seems reluctant when he needs to fire off a laser, he lofts or soft tosses a ball when it just needs a bit of touch, and hesitant when he needs to be decisive. If that's a confidence in Dorsey's play calling or the relationship between the two or whatever it is, somehow all of this coalesces into a dysfunctional Offense that at times finds a way to get it done, but overall it just isn't clicking like we saw the last two years and 2020 especially. McD needs to get to the bottom of this and fix it....not on Friday, not tomorrow....today. Figure it out and adjust, because this roster is certainly good enough to compete for a Super Bowl. Defense has been fantastic, Offense needs to be all that it can be....and immediately.

Edited by BigBuff423

12 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not sure why Beane would do this.  McD chooses his staff.  And I'm guessing McD and Dorsey have already had this conversation.  

I'm sure they have but you can bet that McD talked to Beane about it because they work together on every thing and i believe one doesn't know exactly what the other is doing in that respect .

Now on the field totally different deal McD is the coach and Beane doesn't make decisions on how or what plays to use but when it comes to his staff and player options what players they need & such i feel Beane knows about it .

Did anyone catch Dorsey on the sideline after Singletary fumbled (and the ball went safely out of bounds)?

He was RIGHT on top of Singletary, grabbing him by the shoulder pads and yelling into his helmet about holding onto the ball. I was happy to see it. Wonder if anyone will put up a clip...

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Did anyone catch Dorsey on the sideline after Singletary fumbled (and the ball went safely out of bounds)?

He was RIGHT on top of Singletary, grabbing him by the shoulder pads and yelling into his helmet about holding onto the ball. I was happy to see it. Wonder if anyone will put up a clip...

I also saw it too, I think his passing game issues are temporary and Dorsey is the next OC for the team.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I also saw it too, I think his passing game issues are temporary and Dorsey is the next OC for the team.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Dorsey.

The issues with the Passing Game have been mainly player execution. Specifically, Josh's awkward footwork, putting no arch on deep balls, and sailing his outside throws. Looking forward to Josh getting that fixed up ASAP.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It's a 17 game season.  I'd rather take my lumps early than start out white hot and have the rest of the league catch up to us near the end of the season.  I have faith in our guys to get this figured out and get back to being the offensive juggernaut and trendy SB pick we were 9 days ago.