Stephon Gilmore wants more money.

TBBills

22 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Who was a better CB during the 2019 season

P. Peterson. could argue Ramsey had better 2019 season. I'm not saying he isn't/wasn't good. He played well that season. Just saying I don't think he is/was the very best in the league as you stated.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Yeah, sour grapes.  The Bills replaced him with at least an equally good player who made All-Pro on his own and helped end the drought.

Tre is top 5 no doubt and he could end up being better than Gilmore, but you have zero stats on your side to say he is as good or better.  If we had both on our team I think we match up a lot better with the Chiefs.  

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

P. Peterson. could argue Ramsey had better 2019 season. I'm not saying he isn't/wasn't good. He played well that season. Just saying I don't think he is/was the very best in the league as you stated.

He won DPOY in 2019.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Weatherman said:

Tre is top 5 no doubt and he could end up being better than Gilmore, but you have zero stats on your side to say he is as good or better.  If we had both on our team I think we match up a lot better with the Chiefs.  

White should have won DPOY in 2019.  But since Gilmore is on the glamour team, he got it.  As for SB's, they won 2 SBs with an UDFA starting at CB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

Being better goes further than just play on the field.   Gilmore is a better man corner, but Tre has a lot more grit and willingness to put his nose into a play.   Add that to what Tre means to the team as a whole because of his attitude and I'd take Tre everyday of the week.  Gilmore is soft, entitled, and always acted like he was better than Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

He won DPOY in 2019.  

That doesn't mean he is best in the whole NFL. I would put him maybe 3rd behind Peterson, toss up between he and Ramsey 2019 season.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

10 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Are we really not even mentioning a guy on our own favorite team who had the same number of INTs as Gilmore while allowing zero TDs in 2019--a guy whose numbers in pretty much every way were within range, the guy who was the other All-Pro CB that year?! I'd think we'd mention his name as contender for better CB of 2019 before Ramsey or Peterson :)!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

White should have won DPOY in 2019.  But since Gilmore is on the glamour team, he got it.  As for SB's, they won 2 SBs with an UDFA starting at CB.

Sorry, that wasn't there when I started the post and with the heat I'm moving quite sloth-like and am easily distracted :). 

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

A Bills player finished 2nd in the MVP race…spare me the glamour team BS.  

4 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Sorry, that wasn't there when I started the post and with the heat I'm moving quite sloth-like and am easily distracted :). 

I meant to edit/add to my above post, not quote it and then edit/add.

Just now, Weatherman said:

A Bills player finished 2nd in the MVP race…spare me the glamour team BS.  

Spare me your sparing.  Gilmore couldn't even sniff a Pro Bowl, much less All-Pro, while in Buffalo.

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I meant to edit/add to my above post, not quote it and then edit/add.

Spare me your sparing.  Gilmore couldn't even sniff a Pro Bowl, much less All-Pro, while in Buffalo.

He also played under Rex/Rob Ryan and Doug Morrone.  Name a player who excelled under them not named Tyrod.  

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

He also played under Rex/Rob Ryan and Doug Morrone.  Name a player who excelled under them not named Tyrod.  

How about any of the other 13 players who also made the Pro Bowl during that time span?

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Are we really not even mentioning a guy on our own favorite team who had the same number of INTs as Gilmore while allowing zero TDs in 2019--a guy whose numbers in pretty much every way were within range, the guy who was the other All-Pro CB that year?! I'd think we'd mention his name as contender for better CB of 2019 before Ramsey or Peterson :)!!!

You are right. Should have my ass kicked for TW slipping my mind. Definitely he is in that mix too. Mind mind was elsewhere and wasn't thinking of my own Bills team lol