John Facenda finally going into the HOF! [Edited]

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

This is true, Facenda never uttered the term...it was mimicked by Chris Berman, using his best Facenda imitation.

Ed and Steve Sabol, together with John Facenda, formed the Holy Trinity at NFL Films...they were the right people at the right time, and their talents turned the NFL, not into America's pastime, but into America's passion.  My generation, us old geezers in our sixties, began our love for the game thanks to this magnificent trio.

THE voice of the NFL belongs in their HOF. Period!

I know Dan Patrick has talked about this a lot and said he even wrote letters. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

This is great news.

I truly wish that there was away to honor Joel Buchsbaum. He did get some sort of award in 2003 but imo he was THE best sportswriter to ever cover football and especially the draft.

If he was alive today he would be a multi-millionaire

He died WAY too soon. 😟

Having a lifetime award during next NFL draft would be nice. 

At Hall of Fame induction they could include a segment on players who he did film on being awarded.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Sam Spence, the man behind much of the great NFL Films music, belongs in the Hall as well. 

Agreed!

Not to highjack the thread, but watching that video, where Raiders Ben Davidson sacks Jack Kemp and gives Kemp's ankle an extra twist as he gets up. Davidson also broke Joe Namath's jaw, and speared Len Dawson with his helmet in a game made famous after the Chiefs Otis Taylor retaliated and went after Davidson. Davidson was a dirty SOB of a player

• Thank you (+1) 1