Idaho Republicans Battling One Another

https://apnews.com/article/id-state-wire-idaho-gun-politics-health-coronavirus-pandemic-23bdc41f0253b1c132f08ed29f0e10a3

Man, would I be ALL for Republicans having their own country! Maybe Idaho? A no government government that can just be a big ball of hate and stupid! Yes! And if they get out of line? Boom!! 🔥 🔥 🍄 cloud 🔥 🔥 

Anyway, the crazy Republicans are fighting off the really crazy Republicans in that state. Lol 

"The dream world for Idaho’s ascendant far right is one where state lawmakers run a sovereign nation-state free of federal oversight. It would be a place where they can outlaw all abortions, dictate what is taught in schools, have complete say over public health rules and gun laws, and take control of federal public lands, which make up more than 60% of the state."

First of all, that would be an awesome place to live.

Second, *CHALLENGE!* can you find me ONE, just one AP article that speaks of Democrats and their agenda like this?

I will bet my stimulus checks vs your stimulus checks you cannot. 

All of that, in reverse.  

FIND ONE 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://apnews.com/article/id-state-wire-idaho-gun-politics-health-coronavirus-pandemic-23bdc41f0253b1c132f08ed29f0e10a3

Man, would I be ALL for Republicans having their own country! Maybe Idaho? A no government government that can just be a big ball of hate and stupid! Yes! And if they get out of line? Boom!! 🔥 🔥 🍄 cloud 🔥 🔥 

Anyway, the crazy Republicans are fighting off the really crazy Republicans in that state. Lol 

No federal government!  Sounds very enticing. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

"The dream world for Idaho’s ascendant far right is one where state lawmakers run a sovereign nation-state free of federal oversight. It would be a place where they can outlaw all abortions, dictate what is taught in schools, have complete say over public health rules and gun laws, and take control of federal public lands, which make up more than 60% of the state."

Second, *CHALLENGE!* can you find me ONE, just one AP article that speaks of Democrats and their agenda like this?

All of that, in reverse.  

FIND ONE 

Sounds like the article hit the nail on the head. The only thing you need to be one of Idaho’s ascendant far right is to relocate yourself.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All of that, in reverse.  

FIND ONE 

What would be good? A minimal government state? 

38 minutes ago, 716er said:

Sounds like the article hit the nail on the head. The only thing you need to be one of Idaho’s ascendant far right is to relocate yourself.

I hope they all move there

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The best government is that which governs least.  

Says no one on Medicare or social security, breathes unpolluted air, drinks clean water, rides on well constructed roads. 

Minimal government has has been rejected by every modern civilization 

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Says no one on Medicare or social security, breathes unpolluted air, drinks clean water, rides on well constructed roads. 

I’m going to assume that being over $20 TRILLION in debt wouldn’t fall into anyone’s definition of a minimal government. 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And huge governments overseeing command economies just hasn’t been done right, yet.  Let’s keep trying that.

Minimal government has only been rejected by the government itself. 

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Florida and Texas disagree.  And a host of other states liberals are flocking to because their native states eventually ran out of other people's money.   

My favorite thing to do to illustrate this is show people population trends in New York vs Texas since 1970.  New York has essentially zero population growth.  It's increased by 2 million people.  In FIFTY YEARS.

You know what Texas has done since?  Gone from 10 million to almost 30 million.  

People don't go to where the government takes care of them.  They go to where there is opportunity and freedom.  The Left convincing people that "yea the private sector sucks, trust the good people you vote into the State bureaucracy to fix this" defies all logic.....but then again they are absent of logic so...

No one will tell you eliminate the state or that any intervention is bad.  But the rule of thumb should be when the option is not clear or it's too divisive  - no clear majority because we are not a plus 1 democracy - the State should absolutely leave it to the people (the States or localities).  

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Medicare sucks, social security is a ponzi scheme, our air is hazardous, our drinking water is contaminated and our roads are a mess.  Right on government!  

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Florida and Texas disagree.  And a host of other states liberals are flocking to because their native states eventually ran out of other people's money.   

My favorite thing to do to illustrate this is show people population trends in New York vs Texas since 1970.  New York has essentially zero population growth.  It's increased by 2 million people.  In FIFTY YEARS.

You know what Texas has done since?  Gone from 10 million to almost 30 million.  

People don't go to where the government takes care of them.  They go to where there is opportunity and freedom.  The Left convincing people that "yea the private sector sucks, trust the good people you vote into the State bureaucracy to fix this" defies all logic.....but then again they are absent of logic so...

No one will tell you eliminate the state or that any intervention is bad.  But the rule of thumb should be when the option is not clear or it's too divisive  - no clear majority because we are not a plus 1 democracy - the State should absolutely leave it to the people (the States or localities).  

Oh please, those states are hardly libertarian. 

How about West Virginia? How has it done? Alabama? Mississippi? 

New York also has cold weather. Yes, Texas has benefited from air conditioning (and oil) because no one sane would live there before that. 

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

All of that, in reverse.  

FIND ONE 

So kinda like Sharia law?

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Oh please, those states are hardly libertarian. 

How about West Virginia? How has it done? Alabama? Mississippi? 

New York also has cold weather. Yes, Texas has benefited from air conditioning (and oil) because no one sane would live there before that. 

You need AC to live someplace where it's hot?  I always assumed you were a *****.   Thanks for the confirmation. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

You need AC to live someplace where it's hot?  I always assumed you were a *****.   Thanks for the confirmation. 

Anti-AC

Anti-Vax

Anti-Bills

🤡