Other than Kelly, Was Any Bills Player.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parrish is not a QB. Best loved athlete in any town is the backup QB unless an HOF in front of him. And lets not forget than when Todd Collins started the game agaisn't the Cowboys when Kelly was hurt and won,then Kelly came back and played a bad game the next week, plenty of people crying fro Collins to start

319853[/snapback]

Yep, and they were the same ones waving for Jimbo to come down out of the booth the next year. I don't see anything wrong with some hopeful enthusiasm, but I agree some take it too far. Lee Evans has been hyped as much as Losman. I've seen alot of Kelly, Thomas, Reed-Losman, McGahee, Evans comparisons. All three have alot to accomplish to be deserving of those accolades. But, I'd rather see the glass half full at the present time.

After Collins and RJ the phrase "quarterback of the future" does put a knot in my stomach.

JP was a late first round pick. He made contact with a defensive back in preseason and was almost killed.

The following are some of the things I have seen posted here about him.....

1) He has been likened favorably to Joe Montana.

2) He will solve the Travis Henry dilemna by calling TH "Big Cat."

3) It was said that he can make ANY throw. I guess this includes 80 yard TDs ala randall Cunningham.

4) The Bills will score more points in 05 because of JP, 1st year or not.

5) Calling some poor hapless kid "Big Cat" is a sign of "leadership." Many were so touched by this quote, they chose it for a nickname, no matter how corny or lame it sounds.

6) He is better than Manning, Rivers or Big Ben.

The above is a VERY partial list.

My point is, since coming to TBD I cannot remember any player getting all this love for such abysmal production to date. This begs the question....Why?

Is it utter glee just to be rid of Bledsoe, or do posters truly believe this nonsense above?

319824[/snapback]

I would say that Takeo Spikes was accepted just as readily, given that he was cheered by Bills fans before he even joined the team...

JP was a late first round pick. He made contact with a defensive back in preseason and was almost killed.

The following are some of the things I have seen posted here about him.....

1) He has been likened favorably to Joe Montana.

2) He will solve the Travis Henry dilemna by calling TH "Big Cat."

3) It was said that he can make ANY throw. I guess this includes 80 yard TDs ala randall Cunningham.

4) The Bills will score more points in 05 because of JP, 1st year or not.

5) Calling some poor hapless kid "Big Cat" is a sign of "leadership." Many were so touched by this quote, they chose it for a nickname, no matter how corny or lame it sounds.

6) He is better than Manning, Rivers or Big Ben.

The above is a VERY partial list.

My point is, since coming to TBD I cannot remember any player getting all this love for such abysmal production to date. This begs the question....Why?

Is it utter glee just to be rid of Bledsoe, or do posters truly believe this nonsense above?

319824[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent Bill. Seeing people put that quote towards the child as their signature because they think it means he's a great leader is quite laughable. Hearing about how we are going to win 11 games because J.P is the next Brett Favre is also funny. People forget that even Brett Favre went through several years of growing pains. J.P will be no different. The besst part is, if J.P isn't the next coming of Favre these same people will be the ones cheering when he is down on the turf injured sometime in the next five years.

I would say that Takeo Spikes was accepted just as readily, given that he was cheered by Bills fans before he even joined the team...

320461[/snapback]

Predictions of greatness for Takeo were realistic. Before he ever arrived in Buffalo, he was a proven high quality player.

Luckily, he exceeded the expectations of many. I consider him to be one of the top five LBs in football, maybe top 3.

JP has quite a long road ahead to reach this level of greatness, and it seem as if it is a given on this board that he will lead us to the playoffs and be a superstar.

Nobody wants this more than me, but I am going to have to see some production on the field before I am sold.

As far as his dumb comments to a child, this is not what I admire in an athlete.

I liked it when Speilman called the defensive signals on his first scrimage as a Bill, and refused to let the young linebackers go back to their rooms after practice in preseason because he wanted to go over plays with them and make them better football players.

Call me crazy but imo, THAT is inspirational; THAT is leadership, not embarrassing some kid while making a speech.

Jmo.