Other than Kelly, Was Any Bills Player.....

JP was a late first round pick. He made contact with a defensive back in preseason and was almost killed.

The following are some of the things I have seen posted here about him.....

1) He has been likened favorably to Joe Montana.

2) He will solve the Travis Henry dilemna by calling TH "Big Cat."

3) It was said that he can make ANY throw. I guess this includes 80 yard TDs ala randall Cunningham.

4) The Bills will score more points in 05 because of JP, 1st year or not.

5) Calling some poor hapless kid "Big Cat" is a sign of "leadership." Many were so touched by this quote, they chose it for a nickname, no matter how corny or lame it sounds.

6) He is better than Manning, Rivers or Big Ben.

The above is a VERY partial list.

My point is, since coming to TBD I cannot remember any player getting all this love for such abysmal production to date. This begs the question....Why?

Is it utter glee just to be rid of Bledsoe, or do posters truly believe this nonsense above?

319824[/snapback]

i know you're a "long time poster" and all, but it sure is hard to respect what you write.

i don't know of any thoughtful poster who has "deified" JP big cat losman. and your incessant hand-wringing over our playful attempts at starting a nickname is really disturbing.

if a team's fans can't get excited about a 1st round QB getting into the mix -- particularly when he is thought to have all the tools necessary to succeed -- then what the hell are we all doing here?

dude, you can't be a very happy person. lighten up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know you're a "long time poster" and all, but it sure is hard to respect what you write.

i don't know of any thoughtful poster who has "deified" JP big cat losman.  and your incessant hand-wringing over our playful attempts at starting a nickname is really disturbing.

if a team's fans can't get excited about a 1st round QB getting into the mix -- particularly when he is thought to have all the tools necessary to succeed -- then what the hell are we all doing here?

dude, you can't be a very happy person.  lighten up.

320590[/snapback]

Wow. Getting personal are we?

If you dont respect what I write you shouldn't read it, let alone respond. Also, if you choose to be flimsy, be my guest. You should spend some time reciting fairy tales.

Here is a start.....Hey diddle diddle.......

Have a nice day.

I think we like him because of his work ethic...All I have been hearing is how much he is studying and working out...and getting together with Wyche...I don't know whether or not it will parlay into wins ...but damn...he's doing everything right so far.

I think we like him because of his work ethic...All I have been hearing is how much he is studying and working out...and getting together with Wyche...I don't know whether or not it will parlay into wins ...but damn...he's doing everything right so far.

320599[/snapback]

I agree Swede, the kid clearly wants to be great and was reportedly watching film and studying, working out, etc. right after the season was over! I think the general concensus among fans is that we don't know if this guy is the next Jim Kelly :D or Todd Collins :lol: What we do know however is that he won't be the next Billy Joe Hobert :P As far as Bills' comments about some posters annointing this kid too soon, I see his point! I've only got footage of JP in mopup duty against the 49ers and he just handed the ball off to Shaud Williams 20 times, I've yet to see him throw the ball. :lol:

Wow. Getting personal are we?

If you dont respect what I write you shouldn't read it, let alone respond. Also, if you choose to be flimsy, be my guest. You should spend some time reciting fairy tales.

Here is a start.....Hey diddle diddle.......

Have a nice day.

320596[/snapback]

way to address what i said. i should have known better than to try to break through your world of doom and gloom.

flimsy? i don't have any problem standing behind the posts i've written.

As far as his dumb comments to a child, this is not what I admire in an athlete.

Call me crazy but imo, THAT is inspirational; THAT is leadership, not embarrassing some kid while making a speech.

Jmo.

320584[/snapback]

Okay, time for a thread kill!!!

Dude, I agree with your premise that the JP is being glorified before ever having played a meaningful down. However, I thought the comments to the kid were spot on. As`a society, we all B word and moan about how kids today have no respect for their teachers, adults, or even just their peers.

JP goes down there to give a speech, and the kid is goofing off, and JP calls him out on it, pretty much saying have some manners punk, and thats not coming from a teacher, but someone pretty close in age to you. I thought it great that he did, we need more people willing to do that.

Now, having gone on my rant, I think that means absolutely nothing when he is under center, but one must have hope or the summer is just unbearble :lol:

Okay, time for a thread kill!!!

Dude, I agree with your premise that the JP is being glorified before ever having played a meaningful down. However, I thought the comments to the kid were spot on. As`a society, we all B word and moan about how kids today have no respect for their teachers, adults, or even just their peers.

JP goes down there to give a speech, and the kid is goofing off, and JP calls him out on it, pretty much saying have some manners punk, and thats not coming from a teacher, but someone pretty close in age to you. I thought it great that he did, we need more people willing to do that.

Now, having gone on my rant, I think that means absolutely nothing when he is under center, but one must have hope or the summer is just unbearble :lol:

320722[/snapback]

I have mixed emotions about the quote. I can also totally understand fan excitement over a new prospect.

The point of my post was that it seemed to be going overboard to the extent of being corny, flimsy, and not logical in any way.

I want this kid to play well as much as anybody here. The Bills need this desperately. That said, I am not going to make up silly nicknames nor pronounce him as good as Favre before he plays a "meaningful down," just as you stated.

Actually, the first person I thought of was Bledsoe himself! He did get a Kelly - like parade.

As far as rookies are concerned, (when Kelly joined the team he was not a rookie) JP gets a lot of faith, compared to others. Maybe Bennett when he was traded to us, got the universal acceptance. Probably OJ, but I was but an embryo his rookie year.

That said, he was very impressive in the Denver preseason game. Yes, it was against third stringers. But he was playing with ten third stringers himself, and he still lit up the field on his play alone.

It's less to go on than we had with RJ, but, I also don't remember EM voicing an opinion when it was DF and RJ. He has caught passes from MANY QBs during his career. At his stage of his career, do you think he would want to deal with another unless he felt the team got better? He will have a hard time going to the HOF and it's mostly because he didn't have a quality QB throwing to him. A SB win probably would make up for that, and JP his his best chance to wear that ring.

I honestly don't recall who they wereplaying, I just remember it happening......I couldn't believe it either lol. I think Dan is great, and I certainly don't wish him ill by any means. But to have your achilles snap just dropping back to pass was nuts.....lol

319858[/snapback]

I lived in Cleveland when that happened. Danny Boy was dropping back and that painted dirt slipped out from under him just as he planted to throw. His foot slipped too far back and pop when the achilles. I think I was happy about it, too, but only for the assistance his injury would give to the Bills.

1.  He has?  I thought he was likened to Brett Favre.

2.  I think that TH is beyond solving.  The best JP can do is ignore.

3.  I'd like to see JP try that pass.  He has a cannon for an arm.

4.  Yes, I fully think that the Bills offense will score more points this year.  Please note that I didn't include defense and special teams.

5.  The kid was not poor or hapless, he was rude and disrespectful.  I don't like the nickname idea.

6.  I guarantee that he will end up better than one of those guys.

He hasn't gotten "love" as you put it.  He has given us hope and a spark when our offense needs it.  Bledsoe brought a similar spark a few years back. 

Why you ask?  Because it is a change.  It is putting a solid arm in our team.  We've been looking for the second coming of Jimbo for some time, and we hope it's in JP. 

Finally, I don't agree that it is utter glee that Bledsoe is gone.  I'll miss him and I wish him the best.

319838[/snapback]

I agree 100%

I agree Swede, the kid clearly wants to be great and was reportedly watching film and studying, working out, etc. right after the season was over! I think the general concensus among fans is that we don't know if this guy is the next Jim Kelly 0:) or Todd Collins ;) What we do know however is that he won't be the next Billy Joe Hobert :doh: As far as Bills' comments about some posters annointing this kid too soon, I see his point! I've only got footage of JP in mopup duty against the 49ers and he just handed the ball off to Shaud Williams 20 times, I've yet to see him throw the ball. :(

320613[/snapback]

Nice post! Looking at your avatar, I have to ask: Do they still publish Tiger Beat Magazine? My sister used to make me buy it for her, any time David Cassidy was on the cover...the good ol days! Except, JP looks more like a young Bob Dylan! Dylan rocks, so JP can't be all bad! :P

JP was a late first round pick. He made contact with a defensive back in preseason and was almost killed.

The following are some of the things I have seen posted here about him.....

1) He has been likened favorably to Joe Montana.

2) He will solve the Travis Henry dilemna by calling TH "Big Cat."

3) It was said that he can make ANY throw. I guess this includes 80 yard TDs ala randall Cunningham.

4) The Bills will score more points in 05 because of JP, 1st year or not.

5) Calling some poor hapless kid "Big Cat" is a sign of "leadership." Many were so touched by this quote, they chose it for a nickname, no matter how corny or lame it sounds.

6) He is better than Manning, Rivers or Big Ben.

The above is a VERY partial list.

My point is, since coming to TBD I cannot remember any player getting all this love for such abysmal production to date. This begs the question....Why?

Is it utter glee just to be rid of Bledsoe, or do posters truly believe this nonsense above?

319824[/snapback]

Other than being durable, Bledsoe was everything you don't want your QB to be. It's only natural for everyone to welcome this change.

The only one's who seem to have a problem with this excitement are the last of the Apologists, but they're entitled to their always-entertaining opinion. :(

Other than being durable, Bledsoe was everything you don't want your QB to be. It's only natural for everyone to welcome this change.

The only one's who seem to have a problem with this excitement are the last of the Apologists, but they're entitled to their always-entertaining opinion. :(

321057[/snapback]

I know Rico. His 55-60 yard strikes to Evans (with little air under them) sucked.

Ya know, even in my rants against Henry, I admit that he can run. Like him or not, Bledsoe has an arm. But, dont let that stand in the way of your attacks. ;)

I know Rico. His 55-60 yard strikes to Evans (with little air under them) sucked.

Ya know, even in my rants against Henry, I admit that he can run. Like him or not, Bledsoe has an arm. But, dont let that stand in the way of your attacks.  :(

321129[/snapback]

Other than a couple passes like that nice TD to Evans against the Jets in NY, his "strikes" were never on the money. If they were, he would've had quite a few more TDs. Unfortunately, our WRs had to compensate for his errant passes and would often end up getting tackled even though wide open. That's the facts, Jack. ;)