Lefties are mentally disturbed and must be stopped.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Today, in crazy videos from the 'Party of Science', we present an OB-GYN who claims not every person who has a baby is a woman.

According to 'Mama Doctor Jones', she has patients who are trans men and non-binary who have babies, so not only women have babies.

Except, trans men and non-binary people with a female parts are actually women, also.

Cray cray. 

at least half of social media are people saying or doing anything for clout.

love the part where she says the app is inclusive, while stating "How dare you come here and post your opinion?"

but paints a good picture of what the modern left considerers inclusive.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/18/2023 at 11:25 AM, B-Man said:

Today, in crazy videos from the 'Party of Science', we present an OB-GYN who claims not every person who has a baby is a woman.

According to 'Mama Doctor Jones', she has patients who are trans men and non-binary who have babies, so not only women have babies.

Except, trans men and non-binary people with a female parts are actually women, also.

this is an example of far left extremism

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is this really a road that you want to go down? Florida is doing some crazy ***** right now.

No.  They are not doing crazy sh*t right now.

I strongly suggest that you read the posts in the Desantis thread about the actual history curriculum vs the Leftist false narrative.

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.  They are not doing crazy sh*t right now.

I strongly suggest that you read the posts in the Desantis thread about the actual history curriculum vs the Leftist false narrative.

They are literally trying to put in place a narrative that says that slavery was good because it taight Black people skills

I suggest that you do some reading

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They are literally trying to put in place a narrative that says that slavery was good because it taight Black people skills

I suggest that you do some reading

Good God man, that is false.

It is NOT the way the subject is treated. . . . . . . . . "literally"

It doesn't say that slavery is good, but that some learned skills while they were working.

If you cannot see the difference then I feel sorry for you.

PS:  as it is with most leftist propaganda the section about learning is just a fractional amount of the curriculum, but it was the only thing that

the Left could glom onto and spin for the masses to eat up.

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It doesn't say that slavery is good, but that some learned skills while they were working

And some trafficked children gained valuable skills. Guatemalans 13 year olds who otherwise would have led an impoverished life were trafficked to Ohio where the learned the job skills and discipline in meat-packing plants that may lead to gainful employment as adults. We must definitely refer to this when discussing trafficking of children. Some others learned skills that may be profitable in the adult film industry.

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly.

And as with the African American History in Florida, slavery is CONDEMNED as evil.

The fact that any "skills" were learned is just a footnote.

But keep clinging to that silliness as if the courses being taught are wrong.

No one buys it.

(I know that you were shown the actual curriculum notes in the Desantis thread, apparently it was too hard for you to click on that also.)

Edited by B-Man

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Exactly.

And as with the African American History in Florida, slavery is CONDEMNED as evil.

The fact that any "skills" were learned is just a footnote.

But keep clinging to that silliness as if the courses being taught are wrong.

No one buys it.

(I know that you were shown the actual curriculum notes in the Desantis thread, apparently it was too hard for you to click on that also.

I think you're missing my point. Which I though was pretty clear.

Would anyone ever think it's appropriate to say "some trafficked children benefited from being trafficked by learning marketable skills?" Of course not. 

And that's what slavery was: human trafficking. On a mega, state-endorsed level. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

hardly surprising but satisfying validation.  I guess the MAGA's think all these D voters are mentally disturbed...it's false hope.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/07/21/gop-college-towns-00106974

Name the flagship university — Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, Virginia, among others — and the story tends to be the same. If the surrounding county was a reliable source of Democratic votes in the past, it’s a landslide county now. There are exceptions to the rule, particularly in the states with the most conservative voting habits. But even in reliably red places like South Carolina, Montana and Texas, you’ll find at least one college-oriented county producing ever larger Democratic margins.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you're missing my point. Which I though was pretty clear.

Would anyone ever think it's appropriate to say "some trafficked children benefited from being trafficked by learning marketable skills?" Of course not. 

And that's what slavery was: human trafficking. On a mega, state-endorsed level. 

I didn't miss it.

I am simply pointing out that the course  (like every other course in America, condemns slavery as evil,

You know what, I'll go to the other thread for you.

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document

Here’s the list. It’s 191 items strong. It contains the word “slave” 96 times, “slaves” 23 times, and “slavery” 45 times. I’ve pulled each line out in the order in which they appear, which is largely chronological. It starts with “the earliest slaves” and ends with “the integration of the University of Florida”:

( I won't paste the whole 191 points, but here is the one you are stuck on)

• Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

That's it.

That's the whole thing.  No slavery is good. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

A group of predominantly African American educators created an extensive and detailed curriculum for African American history that includes dozens of references to the horrors of slavery, the inhumanity of the slave trade, and abolition efforts

Dishonest partisans, their media allies, and the VP are intentionally misleading people about the meaning and context of that one sentence, and thereby smearing those educators, to score political points against one tangentially related politician they don’t like.

9 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

false.  many posters here, including me, "buy it".

Well, I did say "adults"

but it's your right to ignore other opinions.

It says more about you than "powerline"

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

I didn't miss it.

I am simply pointing out that the course  (like every other course in America, condemns slavery as evil,

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document

Here’s the list. It’s 191 items strong. It contains the word “slave” 96 times, “slaves” 23 times, and “slavery” 45 times. I’ve pulled each line out in the order in which they appear, which is largely chronological. It starts with “the earliest slaves” and ends with “the integration of the University of Florida”:

• Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.

That's it.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

A group of predominantly African American educators created an extensive and detailed curriculum for African American history that includes dozens of references to the horrors of slavery, the inhumanity of the slave trade, and abolition efforts

Dishonest partisans, their media allies, and the VP are intentionally misleading people about the meaning and context of that one sentence, and thereby smearing those educators, to score political points against one tangentially related politician they don’t like.

So, in writing a high school social studies textbook with a chapter on Child Trafficking in the Modern World - a chapter that mentions the evils of that practice 100 or more times - would it be appropriate to include the lines I just suggested: "some trafficked children gained valuable job skills through their forced labor, and went on to productive careers working in meat packing plants or in the adult entertainment industry."

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I didn't miss it.

That's it.

Well, I did say "adults"

but it's your right to ignore other opinions.

It says more about you than "powerline"

The reason I’ve chosen to leave the Democratic Party because of the intellectual dishonesty they continue to support. Onto saying the Republican Party is any better. They both are guilty, but the Democrats have taken it to a whole new level. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1