As far as I'm concerned, TD had a playoff team

Actually, I prefer the "kinder and gentler" thing. It just seems that lately, to even question the greatness of any player, TD, or even a draft pick equals blasphemy.

320639[/snapback]

Even if you try to be reasonable on this site regarding the Bills, noone cares or replys, you almost have to say something off the wall to get replys here lately.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Mularkey did challenge the call, and the play stood as called, no TD.

As for Donahoe, im still unsure about him.

Some moves I like, I.E. TKO, Adams, Evans, Willis, and trading up for Losman.(Even without seeing Losman as a starter, the quarterback class this year was not very good)

And Some moves I really don't like, I.E. his continous ignorance of the offensive line, his stubborness on players(Bledsoe, and Henry)

Im thinking playoffs next year, or at least 2006 other wise he should be gone.

320085[/snapback]

NO, Mularkey did not challenge the call. Check out the game book for the game, it does not indicate that the play was reviewed however, the TD the Bills scored late in the 4th was reviewed and the game book indicates that so if we had challenged that play, that fact would be listed.

See for yourself:

Bills-Oakland Game Book from NFL.Com

Even if you try to be reasonable on this site regarding the Bills, noone cares or replys, you almost have to say something off the wall to get replys here lately.

320757[/snapback]

I'm sorry, did you say something? :lol:

As opposed to trying to lose?

:(

Some people here think there is a magic GM wand that all one needs to do is wave it and *presto*...playoff team. So for the TD bashers, who would you wan't to replace him? Fuggin' Harry Potter?

319619[/snapback]

Nobody tries to lose, yet people still lose their jobs...

Simply attempting something is not good enough, you have to succeed. I'm not a TD basher, I like the guy a lot, I just think statements like yours are about as dumb as they get. TD does not get a free pass just because he's "trying to win". If he doesn't win at some point in the very near future he should be canned, period.

Nobody tries to lose, yet people still lose their jobs...

Simply attempting something is not good enough, you have to succeed.  I'm not a TD basher, I like the guy a lot, I just think statements like yours are about as dumb as they get.  TD does not get a free pass just because he's "trying to win".  If he doesn't win at some point in the very near future he should be canned, period.

320875[/snapback]

What's about as dumb as dumb can get is your assumption that I want TD to have a free pass. If I didn't think he has the Bills on the right track towards winning, I'd vote to have him shitcanned too. What was even dumber than that were the long knives coming out against TD just because he didn't deal Henry on draft day and calling him a liar, which is why I was defending him in the first place. The "Win Now" mentality fails to see the big picture and the way teams spend years positioning themselves to capitalize on a confluence of events (and let's face it, a good bit of luck) in achieving those winning seasons. Focusing on the small picture, which you seem to be doing, well that is about as dumb as dumb can get.

but you miss my point.  you criticize TD mercilessly, yet how many teams are in a better situation?  3?  4?

we are lucky, as bills' fans, to be rooting for an organization that is so close to being at or near the top of the league again.  that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't be critical of what they do, but for crissake, you're giving yourself a damned ulcer!

319706[/snapback]

We'll find out next year when the Bills go 8-8, finish 3rd in the division,

and miss the playoffs again.

:(;)

What's about as dumb as dumb can get is your assumption that I want TD to have a free pass. If I didn't think he has the Bills on the right track towards winning, I'd vote to have him shitcanned too. What was even dumber than that were the long knives coming out against TD just because he didn't deal Henry on draft day and calling him a liar, which is why I was defending him in the first place. The "Win Now" mentality fails to see the big picture and the way teams spend years positioning themselves to capitalize on a confluence of events (and let's face it, a good bit of luck) in achieving those winning seasons. Focusing on the small picture, which you seem to be doing, well that is about as dumb as dumb can get.

320924[/snapback]

You seem to be missing the part where I stated that I like TD. I'm not bashing him for not moving Henry or for any of his other moves. What I will do is say that he has to win in the next two years or I want the team to go in another direction. As for the "win now" statement, we haven't been to the playoffs since TD got here 4 years ago. When exactly is this long-term plan going to pay off? I guess asking for one playoff appearance in nearly half a decade is a "win now" attitude and focusing on the "small picture" :(

TD is a shrewd guy and a hell of a talent evaluator and for the most part he's done a good job. He has, however, made a few key errors that have kept the franchise from taking the next step. If this team doesn't go to the playoffs in the next two years its time to bring another GM on board with a different strategy. At that point it Donohoe would have had 6 years to make his plan work...one can't go 6 years in the NFL without making the playoffs and expect to keep their job. I’m a “buck-stops-here” kind of guy, and as much as I like and respect TD if he’s not getting the job done he doesn’t deserve to keep the job.

This thread has really gotten me to thinking when will I be so pissed at TD that I want him gone.  He has done many good things for us and some bad all of which are debated above.  Please remember that he is also President, so in reality, I don't think what we the fans think about TD matters one whit to Wilson.

I do not expect to make the playoffs this year.  I think that will be too difficult with a 1st year starter (I know the whole Big Ben scenario from last year, so I know its not impossible, its just improbable).  So unless this team drops back to 3-13 or 2-14 or just something horrendous like that, I would give this year a pass.  But looking ahead to 2006, I not only expect to make the playoffs, but I fully expect to be a competitor for the SB.  That means either a Division title or a very close record to whoever wins the AFC East.  And if we go in as a Wild Card, a decisive win in that game.

With one year with JP starting and if the defense still remains among the best (and it should), this team will have absolutely no excuse in 2006.

Basically, I'm giving TD a pass this year.  The coaching staff looks like it is going to be a good one.  We have the players, the only question is at the most important position on the team.  Since we did not do a whole lot with the OLine, I'm putting all blame on the OLine on the coaches, its obvious they feel we have the talent to put together a decent Line.

I think this year we start out slow as JP and the OLine get up to speed, 3-5 in the beginning, but finish strong at 6-2 to finish up with a 9-7 record, missing the playoffs.

319988[/snapback]

your expectations and standards are too low. the best comparison is the jets with pennington, who went to the playoffs the first year he played.

Really?

It seems to me that the 3-13 2001 team and the 6-10 2003 teams were clearly just not playoff teams.  Its hard to see either of those teams winning even last season's NFC West. 

There might be a slight case in regards to the 8-8 2002 team, but that year also got four games against the eventual Top 4 pickers in the NFL draft following the season.  That's a very favorable schedule draw, and as we all remember, the wheels really began falling off the offense in the latter half of that season.

And as for last season's team - well, I've already expressed my opinion on that.

So color me unconvinced.

JDG

320475[/snapback]

So had we been in any division in the NFC last season you don't think we'd have made the playoffs?

I don't disagree with your premise that we seriously benefitted from our schedule last season, nor do I think the defense last season was as good as the final stats showed, but there's little doubt in my mind that we'd have been in the playoffs had we been an NFC team.

The NFL of today is filled with teams that have very obvious flaws - it's a biproduct of the salarycap.