As far as I'm concerned, TD had a playoff team

Too bad they couldn't win when they should have in order to make the playoffs. The playoff teams were actually able to win when they should have in order to advance to the playoffs. Therein lies the difference.

Like the Jets did when they won to get into the playoffs? Oh wait, they lost to St Louis.

Funny, I thought the Bills were in the AFC. What the hell does NFC playoff teams have to do with the Bills?

It's merely pointing out that the bar was set much higher to make it into the playoffs in the AFC last year. Should the Bills not get credit for nearly making the playoffs in the much tougher AFC, whereas 'playoff' teams in the NFC had much lower standards? Funny, in your quote up above, you didn't deem it necessary to qualify between AFC and NFC playoff teams, you just said "The playoff teams were actually able to win when they should have in order to advance to the playoffs.". If you're going to nitpick, be consistent.

Combining the AFC and NFC again, huh?

See above

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wooduh, cooduh, shooduh... and if the queen had balls she'd be king.

we need to stop coddling Teflon Tom and hold his feet to the fire. the bills organization under his leadership are on a "rebuliding" treadmill that they can't seem to get off. He's not done a great job of drafting, and aside from the Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy signings, none of the other free agent signings in the 5 offseasons he' had have really made an impact... unless you count bledsoe... and the only impact he made was at the box office, certainly not on the field.

So, let 26-38 and "NO PLAYOFFS" speak for itself.

Too bad they couldn't win when they should have in order to make the playoffs. The playoff teams were actually able to win when they should have in order to advance to the playoffs. Therein lies the difference.

Funny, I thought the Bills were in the AFC. What the hell does NFC playoff teams have to do with the Bills?

Combining the AFC and NFC again, huh?

319667[/snapback]

Hey MORON!! How about start supporting the Bills, and actually thinking about them rather than bashing a good post.

I agree. That anology does not work in the most basic sense of analogies. To me , as long as TD keeps doing all he can do to make this team better and manage the cap well and rely on the advice of his expert staff, he can stay as long as he wants. He provides opportunity, not victories.

319597[/snapback]

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. TD can give the team the best opportunity to win, but he can't go out there and play the game. He's not here to get the wins, thats what the coaches and players are for. He's here to provide the opportunity to achieve those wins in the most profitable way possible.

Hey MORON!!  How about start supporting the Bills, and actually thinking about them rather than bashing a good post.

319719[/snapback]

Having a hard time dealing with facts? I hardly think you can accuse KRC with not being a supporter of the team, given that he has season tickets yet lives in Pennsyltucky. But don't let that get in the way...

He's here to provide the opportunity to achieve those wins in the most profitable way possible.

319737[/snapback]

From an owner's perspective, maybe. From a fan's perspective, his ONLY job is to build a team that wins. And so far, he hasn't done that. Can we see a miracle season this year, sure we could. But we could just as easily see another 6-10.

Given the team's performeance in the recent past (8-8 to 6-10) I think this is definitely possible. Don't want to see that happen, mind you. Want to see the Bills go 14-2, sew up home field throughout and win a SB. But I have to be realistic.

Hey MORON!!  How about start supporting the Bills, and actually thinking about them rather than bashing a good post.

319719[/snapback]

Moron?? HAHAHAHA. Good post?? HAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

<puts on rose colored glasses and drinks the kool-aid>

16-0 and a SB victory. WOOHOO!!!!

<takes off rose colored glasses>

:lol:

Moron?? HAHAHAHA. Good post?? HAHAHAHAHAH  :lol:

319749[/snapback]

He should have called you a communist moron who will only delete the posts of liberals.

Moron?? HAHAHAHA. Good post?? HAHAHAHAHAH  :lol:

319749[/snapback]

I see one of two things. Either you don't know what a moron is, or you do and you are proud that you are one. Forgive me for incorrectly using the word "support" earlier. But the term "moron" stands.

I see one of two things.  Either you don't know what a moron is, or you do and you are proud that you are one.  Forgive me for incorrectly using the word "support" earlier.  But the term "moron" stands.

319755[/snapback]

Back on off the gas pedal chief, or you're going to drive straight into a highway overpass. Ken may be a lot of things, but a moron isn't one of them.

Hey MORON!! How about start supporting the Bills, and actually thinking about them rather than bashing a good post

Whoa dude.... what's with the name calling for a guys honest opinion. Are you suggesting because he states the truth his unsupportive of the Bills?

How is it any different than a company supplying a product to a market? Either the product and service cuts the mustard or it doesn't. Folks have a right to expect something.

5 years ago Bills fans expected that they would at least be a playoff team and then back to the superbowl. Well, teams in worse shape than the Bills 5 years ago like San Diego and Carolina and the Jets are knocking on the SB door. We have a right to expect that type of progress.

Teflon Tom comes riding in on his white horse, formulates a rebuilding plan, hires a rookie coach the first year, gets his franchis QB the next year, fires his rookie HC after the third year and hires another rookie HC and begins the rebuilding process all over again. Well, I think that sucks and it demonstrates a degree of ineptitude on Teflon Tom... and one has to wonder, based on how many of us think Mularkey looked at the draft, how much time on the clock the Teflon man has left with the organization. We talk about how a coach loses the players, but we don't seem to talk about the GM losing the coaches.

If it's being unsupportive to state the obvious then that's just too bad.

Like the Jets did when they won to get into the playoffs? Oh wait, they lost to St Louis.

It's merely pointing out that the bar was set much higher to make it into the playoffs in the AFC last year. Should the Bills not get credit for nearly making the playoffs in the much tougher AFC, whereas 'playoff' teams in the NFC had much lower standards? Funny, in your quote up above, you didn't deem it necessary to qualify between AFC and NFC playoff teams, you just said "The playoff teams were actually able to win when they should have in order to advance to the playoffs.". If you're going to nitpick, be consistent.

See above

319713[/snapback]

So what if the bar is higher in the AFC? What does that have to do with anything? You still need to beat the teams in your conference. All of the playoff teams last year, in the AFC, were over .500 (Denver and NYJ being the worst at 7-5). The Bills were 5-7.

From an owner's perspective, maybe. From a fan's perspective, his ONLY job is to build a team that wins. And so far, he hasn't done that. Can we see a miracle season this year, sure we could. But we could just as easily see another 6-10.

Given the team's performeance in the recent past (8-8 to 6-10) I think this is definitely possible. Don't want to see that happen, mind you. Want to see the Bills go 14-2, sew up home field throughout and win a SB. But I have to be realistic.

319746[/snapback]

And that's who the GM is working for, the owner not the fans. If an owner is going to listen to the fans in making his decisions, he shouldn't be an owner (Snyder of Washington). I don't love TD, he's made some mistakes, but he has done something to correct them. I definitely don't think he should be fired, yet and probably not in the near future, unless this team royally sucks this year, then I may change my opinion. Personally, I'm guessing 9-7 and no playoffs.

I guess, the question is, who would you rather see (thats available) as the Bills' GM?

I see one of two things.  Either you don't know what a moron is, or you do and you are proud that you are one.  Forgive me for incorrectly using the word "support" earlier.  But the term "moron" stands.

319755[/snapback]

OK, Sparkey.

aside from the Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy signings, none of the other free agent signings in the 5 offseasons he' had have really made an impact...

319718[/snapback]

Yeah, TDs free agent signings have made no impact.....especially not the six starters on defense. Brilliant....... :lol:

And that's who the GM is working for, the owner not the fans.  If an owner is going to listen to the fans in making his decisions, he shouldn't be an owner (Snyder of Washington).  I don't love TD, he's made some mistakes, but he has done something to correct them.  I definitely don't think he should be fired, yet and probably not in the near future, unless this team royally sucks this year, then I may change my opinion.  Personally, I'm guessing 9-7 and no playoffs.

I guess, the question is, who would you rather see (thats available) as the Bills' GM?

319782[/snapback]

Pioli or Banner but that's a pipe dream.

When's the last time the Iggs or Pats have had a pick go bust?