Jump to content

Highest inflation since...


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

 

Oh, this is definitely true. We are a very car-centric culture and people in Europe have better access to public transit that mitigates the rising cost of fuel.

 

I do not mean to say in anyway that the cost of fuel is immaterial or that we should be happy about it because it's more expensive elsewhere. I roll my eyes when I see my more liberal friends post about wanting gas prices to be higher to drive down car use because they completely ignore that this would greatly harm the poor and working class they claim to support so much.

 

I mostly just wanted to point out that this isn't an issue singular to the US like we have high prices and everybody else is fine.

I hear ya.  While I've lived in the suburban car-culture for a while I've come to the conclusion that living arrangement is one of the biggest waste and mis-allocation of resources in history.  You can't get much of anywhere without a car for one.  And most of the land could be put to better use as farmland, forest or other natural states for wild life and nature preservation.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

White House Economic Adviser Has No Answer for Americans on Rising Inflation

 

1fbe5198-0ce3-4794-9d8a-f423fe82d76e@new

 

What’s “scary” is that someone with the ear of the President of the United States about our economy isn’t even an economist, as Larry Elder pointed out:

 

 

 

https://redstate.com/beccalower/2022/07/17/wh-economic-adviser-has-no-answer-for-americans-on-rising-inflation-n596596

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Covidiots.....

 

Going to be a 10 year debacle....

 

 

Breitbart Business Digest: Homebuilder Sentiment, Apple Report Send Shudders Through Economy

 

The key piece of data we were waiting on today is the National Association of Home Builders index (NAHB), which reflects how home builders are feeling. And the feeling is not great, apparently.

 

Builder sentiment is now at 55, a drop of 12 points. This is the largest single-month drop ever, with one exception. (The exception being April 2020. As you may recall, the world had decide to shut down at exactly that time.)

 

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/07/18/breitbart-business-digest-homebuilder-sentiment-apple-report-send-shudders-through-economy/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Thanks Covidiots.....

 

Going to be a 10 year debacle....

 

 

Breitbart Business Digest: Homebuilder Sentiment, Apple Report Send Shudders Through Economy

 

The key piece of data we were waiting on today is the National Association of Home Builders index (NAHB), which reflects how home builders are feeling. And the feeling is not great, apparently.

 

Builder sentiment is now at 55, a drop of 12 points. This is the largest single-month drop ever, with one exception. (The exception being April 2020. As you may recall, the world had decide to shut down at exactly that time.)

 

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/07/18/breitbart-business-digest-homebuilder-sentiment-apple-report-send-shudders-through-economy/

 

Homebuilders have been on an absolute tear for years now, especially during COVID. So homebuilders did have a quick downturn in 2020, then went right back to making huge amounts of money.  A personal friend owns a small construction company and has made huge profits the last 4 or 5 years compared to before.  Like anything else, it has to come down at some point.

 

I also notice you left off where any number above 50 is still considered positive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, cle23 said:

 

Homebuilders have been on an absolute tear for years now, especially during COVID. So homebuilders did have a quick downturn in 2020, then went right back to making huge amounts of money.  A personal friend owns a small construction company and has made huge profits the last 4 or 5 years compared to before.  Like anything else, it has to come down at some point.

 

I also notice you left off where any number above 50 is still considered positive.

 

 

Housing start ups dropped again a 2nd straight month today.

 

Revisit that number by March of 2023 for me.....get back to us.

 

10 years plus.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

Housing start ups dropped again a 2nd straight month today.

 

Revisit that number by March of 2023 for me.....get back to us.

 

10 years plus.  

 

Yes, home builds were going to go down with interest rates going up.  It's part of the cycle.  It's the way it has always worked.  Just like why they went up so much with interest rates so low.  Things can't go up forever, they always adjust, and the housing market always seems to have more severe adjustments.  

 

Inflation is high, and it sucks.  Tons of factors in it too, including the last 2 Presidents.  It's a worldwide issue right now.

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, cle23 said:

 

Yes, home builds were going to go down with interest rates going up.  It's part of the cycle.  It's the way it has always worked.  Just like why they went up so much with interest rates so low.  Things can't go up forever, they always adjust, and the housing market always seems to have more severe adjustments.  

 

Inflation is high, and it sucks.  Tons of factors in it too, including the last 2 Presidents.  It's a worldwide issue right now.

Sure....make sure you toss in "the last two Presidents". Hilarious! 

  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

To commemorate the one-year anniversary of President Biden’s dismissal of inflation as “temporary.” 

 

Exactly one year ago today, on July 19, 2021, President Joe Biden delivered a momentous address on the state of the U.S. economy. The speech, in retrospect, was a chilling portent of the economic calamity that has befallen this great country as a result of Biden’s failed leadership.

 

Biden’s remarks came several months after Democrats rammed through the $1.9 trillion package known as the American Rescue Plan. Some experts had warned that injecting so much money into the economy could lead to runaway inflation. The White House scoffed at such concerns. At the time of Biden’s speech, prices were already beginning to rise. The president took the opportunity to tell Americans to stop complaining.

 

“As our economy has come roaring back, we’ve seen some price increases,” Biden said. “Some folks have raised worries that this could be a sign of persistent inflation, but that’s not our view. Our experts believe, and the data shows, that most of the price increases we’ve seen were expected and [are] expected to be temporary.”

 

 

 

 

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2022/07/its-a-long-way-to-temporary.php

 

 

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sure....make sure you toss in "the last two Presidents". Hilarious! 

 

Again, everyone is blaming the COVID spending for inflation.  Who had more government COVID spending?  I am not trying to support Biden here, at all.  He sucks.  I didn't and wouldn't vote for him.  But he isn't solely to blame either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Again, everyone is blaming the COVID spending for inflation.  Who had more government COVID spending?  I am not trying to support Biden here, at all.  He sucks.  I didn't and wouldn't vote for him.  But he isn't solely to blame either.

 

He gets as much blame as Trump got.  Their rules.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Doc said:

 

He gets as much blame as Trump got.  Their rules.

 

Do you see me blaming just Trump, or both?  You can't say "Biden's $1.9T plan caused inflation" while ignoring Trump's $3.1T plans, which is exactly what B-Man did.

 

You say "their rules" yet both sides blame everyone and their mother.  Trump blamed Obama for everything.  Obama blamed Bush.  Biden blames Trump.  It's never ending. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cle23 said:

 

Do you see me blaming just Trump, or both?  You can't say "Biden's $1.9T plan caused inflation" while ignoring Trump's $3.1T plans, which is exactly what B-Man did.

 

You say "their rules" yet both sides blame everyone and their mother.  Trump blamed Obama for everything.  Obama blamed Bush.  Biden blames Trump.  It's never ending. 

You’re comparing apples to oranges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

 

Just because you paint an apple orange does not make it an orange.

Just because this administration is the worst ever, doesn’t mean the last administration was too.

 

3.1 trillion was for the plandemic in its beginning. Since the world leaders shut down the world, that money was to help being out of work and paying bills.

The 1.9 trillion went to who knows where? Both sides of the aisles are nothing more than modern day grifters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Westside said:

Just because this administration is the worst ever, doesn’t mean the last administration was too.

 

3.1 trillion was for the plandemic in its beginning. Since the world leaders shut down the world, that money was to help being out of work and paying bills.

The 1.9 trillion went to who knows where? Both sides of the aisles are nothing more than modern day grifters.

 

I agree that both sides suck.  That's my point.  But everyone jumps on one side and just blames the other side when they both do the exact same thing.

 

People call it a plandemic yet somehow never blame the people in charge at that point.  Who deserves the blame if it was planned?  US? China? Who? I'd love to know considering it killed both my parents.  

 

Either way, how did the $3.1T not contribute but the $1.9T is solely to blame?

Edited by cle23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, cle23 said:

 

Do you see me blaming just Trump, or both?  You can't say "Biden's $1.9T plan caused inflation" while ignoring Trump's $3.1T plans, which is exactly what B-Man did.

 

You say "their rules" yet both sides blame everyone and their mother.  Trump blamed Obama for everything.  Obama blamed Bush.  Biden blames Trump.  It's never ending. 

 

 

Trump had ZERO choice because of Covid

 

Sorry his spending is CCP/DNC forced

 

You know, that Insurrection in March of 2020 when America was conquered by the flu. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...