Highest inflation since...

January 6!!!!

The Consumer Price Index climbed 8.6 percent in the year through May, a rapid pace of inflation that is making it increasingly difficult for consumers to afford everyday purchases, and is posing a major challenge for the Federal Reserve and White House as they try to secure a strong and stable economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/10/business/economy/inflation-soared-again-in-may-fresh-data-showed.html?smid=url-share

Lol - poor WH it's going to be a challenge to secure a strong economy that they deliberately tanked in 2020.

Thank you Covidiots.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Inflation rose 8.6% in May, highest since 1981

• The consumer price index rose 8.6% in May from a year ago, the highest increase since December 1981. Core inflation excluding food and energy rose 6%. Both were higher than expected.

• Surging food, gas and energy prices all contributed to the gain, with fuel oil up 106.7% over the past year.

• Shelter costs, which comprise about one-third of the CPI, rose at the fastest 12-month pace in 31 years.

• The rise in inflation meant workers lost more ground in May, with real wages declining 0.6% from April and 3% on a 12-month basis.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/10/consumer-price-index-may-2022.html

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

January 6th!!!!!

Rents across U.S. rise above $2,000 a month for the first time ever

....Drotar's a single mom with a daughter in 5th grade. She's been trying to find a house she can afford to buy.

"I just want some place where she can ride her bike and make friends with the neighbors and play with the kids and they can come over."

But she keeps getting outbid when she makes offers. And now with mortgage rates up sharply she says she's just been priced out completely. Meanwhile, continuing to rent is getting harder to afford, too.

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/09/1103919413/rents-across-u-s-rise-above-2-000-a-month-for-the-first-time-ever

Economy is headed for complete collapse.  

All this data is just completely incompatible with anything but a recession. It’s coming, and fast. 

The only thing these guys ever do is frame bad economic news around how its a challenge for Biden, and not because of him.

It's only ever about how it affects him, not the people in the country.

I read another fun fact today.  Thanks to all the spending and borrowing facilitated by the Federal Reserve under Bush, Obama, Trump, and most recently Biden the annual US Federal budget's debt service cost will rise to $525B after the Feds next 50 basis point increase.  If they're serious about stopping inflation, which I personally don't believe they are, and they keep raising rates servicing the interest on the Federal debt will become the biggest line item in the budget.     

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

Creepy Uncle Joe out here on the left coast and in the span of a few minutes at the microphone he threatened company’s with actual assault, and then went on to blame every living person (other than his administration) for inflation. Hey Joe…you still want to be the person in charge? Not as easy as hiding out on some worthless, do nothing, senate committee, is it Joe? What a total failure! 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Creepy Uncle Joe out here on the left coast and in the span of a few minutes at the microphone he threatened company’s with actual assault, and then went on to blame every living person (other than his administration) for inflation. Hey Joe…you still want to be the person in charge? Not as easy as hiding out on some worthless, do nothing, senate committee, is it Joe? What a total failure! 

Or your basement...

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

SAY ANYTHING: 

Joe Biden Busted for His Latest Inflation Whopper.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/06/17/joe-biden-busted-for-his-latest-inflation-whopper-n1606049

Love Peter Doocy calling them out and hearing the same garbage repeated time and time again. “Pandemic, Putin Price Hike”. 

• Like (+1) 2

Inflation rocks businesses as owners warn Americans are cutting home improvements, service expenses
Businesses say customers putting off roof replacements, house cleanings and AC repairs due to rising costs

https://www.foxnews.com/media/inflation-rocks-businesses-owners-warn-americans-cutting-home-improvements-service-expenses

After 43 years cancelled Buffalo News home delivery , 3 months ago stopped buying beer. I lived thru inflation early 80's maybe I was too young to care , well being retired does have limitations.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

Inflation rocks businesses as owners warn Americans are cutting home improvements, service expenses
Businesses say customers putting off roof replacements, house cleanings and AC repairs due to rising costs

https://www.foxnews.com/media/inflation-rocks-businesses-owners-warn-americans-cutting-home-improvements-service-expenses

After 43 years cancelled Buffalo News home delivery , 3 months ago stopped buying beer. I lived thru inflation early 80's maybe I was too young to care , well being retired does have limitations.

Unrelated, but curious. I cancelled Buffalo news a few years ago. What’s the going rate these days for home delivery? 

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Unrelated, but curious. I cancelled Buffalo news a few years ago. What’s the going rate these days for home delivery? 

Latest offer to me $702 a year but starting Jun 20 a extra $5 per month fuel surcharge for the next 4 months.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, ALF said:

You might want to rethink the highlighted.  LOL

But seriously.  I quit drinking a few years ago.  Yes I do partake occasionally so I'm not 100% teetotaling but the money I've saved by sticking with water has got to be astounding.  LOL 

My wife fully retired 1/1/22 and I semi-retired so I've started looking at prices more closely.  Never did that before.  I'd just throw ***** in the shopping cart.  Not anymore.   

• Like (+1) 1