Highest inflation since...

We could easily afford a personal chef like that ($200/week plus groceries is well worth the price!).  My wife buys groceries and cooks.  She sees the empty shelves.  And the prices increasing.  We just filled our heating oil tank today.  $3.04/gallon!  I paid $1.65/gallon a month ago!

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

We could easily afford a personal chef like that ($200/week plus groceries is well worth the price!).  My wife buys groceries and cooks.  She sees the empty shelves.  And the prices increasing.  We just filled our heating oil tank today.  $3.04/gallon!  I paid $1.65/gallon a month ago!

It's interesting that you bring up heating oil. Out here in California we don't heat much but when we do it's all through natural gas piped to our homes. This past few months Southern California Gas Company started adding a HUGE "commodity charge" to all of our gas bills. My bill was literally double the same month last year and the gas consumption was virtually identical. I'm sure someone somewhere along the line someone passed legislation allowing SoCal Gas to add a 'commodity charge' to our monthly bill, but I have no idea what it is, what it pays for, or why they need it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Our chef is a female. It’s actually pretty awesome. She sends us a meal plan once a week, then grocery shops for the foods and cooks a weeks worth of dinner every Tuesday.

Chef fee is just $200 a week plus we give her the cash for the groceries.

For that cost, the time savings alone is so worth it. Plus it reduces eating out which can get expensive.

So you’re a lazy *****???  

• Like (+1) 1

WELCOME BACK, CARTER! 

Is Stagflation Returning in 2022?

During the late 1970s, American families experienced stagflation—a combination of economic stagnation and significantly higher inflation. By the summer of 1980, unemployment hit 7.8% and the economy was actually shrinking. On the year, inflation spiked 12.3%.

Some fear that today’s slowing economic growth (2.3% annualized last quarter) and the steepest price hikes in 40 years portend a return to stagflation.

Real weekly earnings have plummeted more than 6% since the middle of last year, and the cost of living eclipsed wage increases. Dramatic price hikes in housing, rent, vehicles, gasoline, and some food staples have fueled the feeling that something in our economy is amiss.

Government mandates, regulations, spending, and borrowing are largely to blame for this painful increase in the cost of living. These governmental actions suppressed the supply of goods and services while spurring demand.

Read the whole thing.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/01/11/is-stagflation-returning-in-2022

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No. My time is worth more than the time to do something’s. So tasks I can delegate where I’ll earn more money during that time vs the cost of delegation, it’s 100 percent worth it.

Fair enough but hiring someone to cook your meals just screams "lazy *****" to me.   

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Not to mention by Monday you are eating week old food. No Thanks

Unless dude is working 24/7 and billing for that work he's full of *****.  So he's either a lazy ***** or burns water when boils it.  I'm going with the latter.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, was thinking of that as well.  I'm assuming it gets frozen, which is better than a TV dinner.

We have her do 4 full meals. We used to do 5 but it was so much food. We will eat a new meal each of the 4 days, Sunday we get pizza for football and left overs the other 2 days.

Even with that cycle it’s hard to eat everything and I’ll use leftovers for lunches, which also decreases the cost per meal.

This week, we had:

- Steak with double baked potatoes

- chicken enchiladas

- Stuffed shells with garlic bread 

- Beef and Broccoli (Tonight’s food).

All the food comes to where we usually just need to toss the oven on 350 for 25 mins to warm it up.

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

No. My time is worth more than the time to do something’s. So tasks I can delegate where I’ll earn more money during that time vs the cost of delegation, it’s 100 percent worth it.

Living by the economic principle of comparative advantage.  Sounds good. 

22 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

We have her do 4 full meals. We used to do 5 but it was so much food. We will eat a new meal each of the 4 days, Sunday we get pizza for football and left overs the other 2 days.

Even with that cycle it’s hard to eat everything and I’ll use leftovers for lunches, which also decreases the cost per meal.

This week, we had:

- Steak with double baked potatoes

- chicken enchiladas

- Stuffed shells with garlic bread 

- Beef and Broccoli (Tonight’s food).

All the food comes to where we usually just need to toss the oven on 350 for 25 mins to warm it up.

You pay someone to cook you a steak and baked potato?  Hand over your man card.   

Cooking is fun man. It’s a great thing to do with your wife.  You work too much.  At your age you should be enjoying life. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Wait.  You’re reheating a steak @Backintheday544 ??

No, that’s why it’s listed first. It was the Tuesday meal (the day she cooks).

We actually found her from some friends at our gym. She does meal prep and stuff for people for some of our friends.

Edited by Backintheday544

11 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

No, that’s why it’s listed first. It was the Tuesday meal (the day she cooks).

We actually found her from some friends at our gym. She does meal prep and stuff for people for some of our friends.

So she cooks your steak for you?  Does she cut it up into nice little bite sized pieces for you?  Man up man!!  Fire up the grill!  Throw that ***** slab of meat on the fire.  Make your wife proud.  I bet she cried herself to sleep Tuesday.  😁

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

So she cooks your steak for you?  Does she cut it up into nice little bite sized pieces for you?  Man up man!!  Fire up the grill!  Throw that ***** slab of meat on the fire.  Make your wife proud.  I bet she cried herself to sleep Tuesday.  😁

If she was crying Tuesday it was because she was finally able to find a Dyson Airwrap.

Shes we’ll taken care of and hasn’t had to work, cool or clean in about 9 years and can buy whatever she wants. (Well the cooking thing has been for about 6 months)

Edited by Backintheday544

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

If she was crying Tuesday it was because she was finally able to find a Dyson Airwrap.

Shes we’ll taken care of and hasn’t had to work, cool or clean in about 9 years and can buy whatever she wants. (Well the cooking thing has been for about 6 months)

Dyson Airwrap?  Is that the Bengals WR??