Highest inflation since...

BIDENFLATION: 

Cost of air travel is expected to rise 10% over the next MONTH as high fuel prices continue to batter travelers:

Average domestic flight will cost $100 more than it did in January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10690041/Air-travel-rebounds-pre-pandemic-levels-Americans-spending-6-6billion-February.html

On 3/13/2022 at 11:34 AM, B-Man said:

Larry Summers Is Second Obama Economic Adviser To Blame Biden For Inflation (Video)

by Mike LaChance

This week Obama economic adviser Steve Rattner said that Biden shouldn’t be blaming Russia invading Ukraine for inflation.He said Biden owns this.Now another Obama economic adviser, Larry Summers, is blaming Biden for inflation.Biden used to work with these men in the Obama White House. Bloomberg News reports: Summers Faults Biden for Tying Inflation to Putin, Company Greed. Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers criticized the Biden administration’s emphasis on Russian President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine and on price gouging by companies in ascribing causes for the surge in U.S. inflation.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/03/larry-summers-second-obama-economic-adviser-blame-biden-inflation-video/

You have to admit Putin’s war drove costs up, right? 

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BIDENFLATION: 

Cost of air travel is expected to rise 10% over the next MONTH as high fuel prices continue to batter travelers:

Average domestic flight will cost $100 more than it did in January.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10690041/Air-travel-rebounds-pre-pandemic-levels-Americans-spending-6-6billion-February.html

Fuel costs are up

because of a Putin’s war, right?

Just now, Tiberius said:

You have to admit Putin’s war drove costs up, right? 

You have to admit,

(and as the whole thread shows)

That inflation has been rising before, during, and will be after Biden's response to "Putin's war"

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You have to admit,

That inflation has been rising before, during, and will be after Biden's response to "Putin's war"

Yes, but Putin's war made it way worse. 

Also, kind of strange that the Saudis are not helping us by pumping more oil. Is there a foreign policy problem here? The GOP and the dictators conspiring to raise prices? 

• Haha (+1) 1

I blame inflation on what covid did to the world economy , destroyed the supply chain and causing millions to retire or leave the job market.  25 million in Shanghai  locked down today will hurt the supply chain even more.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Also, kind of strange that the Saudis are not helping us by pumping more oil. Is there a foreign policy problem here? The GOP and the dictators conspiring to raise prices? 

Oil prices have been in a steady rise since Biden took office.  His first action was to cancel Keystone.  If he didn't that pipeline would be in production today and the price shock to crude would have been much less to perhaps nothing.  And also to align with activists pressuring banks to withdraw or withhold capital from the oil & gas exploration and development sector.  Then informing the industry their services will no longer be needed in the near future.  Who would invest given those conditions?  Now Congress is doing their standard "not my fault" grilling of industry executives.  Its a real hoot.

If the administration was more focused on  long term strategic planning, like our enemies are, instead of appeasing the fringe left we wouldn't be in the current mess.   My advice is to build more solar panels and pray for sunny days.

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Might be better to pump more here rather than rely on others. Not sure why it’s ok to buy but not produce. I’m sure in some unusual minds this line of thinking makes me a Putin apologist in one way or another. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You have to admit,

That inflation has been rising before, during, and will be after Biden's response to "Putin's war."

You're kidding, right?

8 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Might be better to pump more here rather than rely on others. Not sure why it’s ok to buy but not produce. I’m sure in some unusual minds this line of thinking makes me a Putin apologist in one way or another. 

Or move quicker on green energy. Yes, we can step up the pumping here, too. Those stopped because of low prices in the past 

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Oil prices have been in a steady rise since Biden took office.  His first action was to cancel Keystone.  If he didn't that pipeline would be in production today and the price shock to crude would have been much less to perhaps nothing.  And also to align with activists pressuring banks to withdraw or withhold capital from the oil & gas exploration and development sector.  Then informing the industry their services will no longer be needed in the near future.  Who would invest given those conditions?  Now Congress is doing their standard "not my fault" grilling of industry executives.  Its a real hoot.

If the administration was more focused on  long term strategic planning, like our enemies are, instead of appeasing the fringe left we wouldn't be in the current mess.   My advice is to build more solar panels and pray for sunny days.

How much did Keyston's death cause oil prices to rise? 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

You're kidding, right?

I was simply copying Tibsy's "you have to admit" from the start of his post.

As you say, I certainly did not expect him to admit to anything, but divert.

And I was correct.

• Like (+1) 1