Being called a racist

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

And this is the definition of intentional ignorance. The rates are not related to color of the person but the areas risk. If it was due to the color of the person someone would simply price the product better and get all the business from that area. My insurance rate is awesome because I live in an extremely safe area while my brother lives in a higher crime area and his is higher, is that because of his color? The best part is my area is much more diverse than his area.

You hit on the central theme of the game played by the advocates of "race is the root cause of everything".

What the advocates of attributing all disparities to race do is ignore and dismiss, w/o examination or consideration, other correlating factors and statistics that can better explain a condition or disparity in a more logical manner.  Factors like disparities in income and education can explain poverty rates.  Facts like there are more white people living below the poverty level are facts that need to be conveniently ignored or discarded to support their conclusions that racism is the cause of povety among minorities.  And these facts cannot be allowed to enter the conversation.

A fundamental flaw with their thinking, assuming the genuinely want to solve the problem, is that if you operate with blinders and continue to identify the wrong root cause of a problem you'll never fix anything.  That's what we've had with all the social programs and plans of the past 50 years.  Not addressing the real causes.  And what's the answer today?  Do more of what's not working until it works.     

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Facts like there are more white people living below the poverty level

Data from 2019

9% of whites live below the poverty level

21.2% of blacks live below the poverty level

4 minutes ago, Melon said:

Data from 2019

So almost 80% of blacks are similar to 90% of whites. I will also point out that the vast majority of those poverty level blacks live in deep blue areas of our country.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Melon said:

Data from 2019

Not percentage of.  Absolute numbers.  And if racism was the "cause" how do you explain that any white people live below the poverty level?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Irv said:

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.  I don’t think America is a racist country.  I don’t understand how this clown gets away with calling all White people racists.  What a jerk.  

I guess you're butt hurt because he didn't just call you a plain old ordinary racist, which would have been accurate.  

FTR, when asked in an interview recently if he thought America was a racist country, he said he didn't.   The story has been on national and local news media since late last week.   Maybe you should get your news from an actual news source rather than wacky right wing propagandists.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I guess you're butt hurt because he didn't just call you a plain old ordinary racist, which would have been accurate.  

FTR, when asked in an interview recently if he thought America was a racist country, he said he didn't.   The story has been on national and local news media since late last week.   Maybe you should get your news from an actual news source rather than wacky right wing propagandists.

So much hate. So so much hate and intolerance. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SoTier said:

You're worse than Sleepy Joe.  You've never even met me but call me a racist.  Pathetic.    

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

You're worse than Sleepy Joe.  You've never even met me but call me a racist.  Pathetic.    

You are playing the victim like a champ - Trump would be proud.

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m not sure how you can associate with such people and look yourself in the mirror. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Where do you live? That sounds horrible, how are you still there? A decent human being would make sure that kind of information is public knowledge instead of posting it here so these horrible people can keep hurting others.

Spare me guilt trip...aint gonna work. Let me put it in crayon talk so even you can understand. 

It doesn't take too many steps from anyone anywhere in the country to find racism....cold and crystal clear racism. if you think or pretend otherwise...you are wrong. 

15 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Spare me guilt trip...aint gonna work. Let me put it in crayon talk so even you can understand. 

It doesn't take too many steps from anyone anywhere in the country to find racism....cold and crystal clear racism. if you think or pretend otherwise...you are wrong. 

How could you not out your boss to HR for that type of comment?  It’s not only unconscionable it’s illegal. Most companies have whistleblower mechanisms nowadays. 

also I don’t think anyone is saying people don’t irrationally group together and hate other people. 

Im a norther and experienced hate in the south, of me, because i was a yankee..  or Catholics probably hate me, because I don’t subscribe to their beliefs.... people of all different skin colors hate others of the same. 

It’s disappointing that one specific type of bigotry is the excuse for everything. That’s why diversity and integration has always been the best answer. But it seems to have done a 180 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You know, they see how black people vote, and they limit, restrict or eliminate that form. How can't you understand that? 

Please enlighten us all on the form that black people use to vote?  

The only thing that is constant in the world is change.  I guess in your mind black people are incapable of change.  

4 hours ago, The Governor said:

Criminal justice system.

The tax code.

The HC system discriminates against people that don’t have children.

How is the tax code racist?

How does the HC system discriminate against people that don't have children. 

Hey @Melon  You love the "Dislike" thumbs down response.  Care to address why you tend to disagree with what I say or are you afraid?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I guess it all depends on your definition of racism.  Which to this point in our national conversation has yet to be defined.  In my view racism is taking deliberate action to harm another person based on their appearance and race and genetics.  While words and thoughts can be hurtful I don't see those meeting the threshold of tangible harm.  And I don't think it proper to seek to regulate and control the thoughts in each person's mind or the words that come out of their mouths.   And while I try to respect and value everyone that's my personal choice.  I don't look to impose my view of morality on others.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

Ya well....my boss will not hire a person of color and my neighbor who is an upstanding citizen and serves the public in many ways...well get 5 beers in him and he will explain how black people should be slaves again. 

When these events are rare instead of commonplace...you can continue your angst....

How many people do you know who do not talk or act in this fashion?  

2 hours ago, Melon said:

Don't forget insurance

racial-inequality-insurance.png

So let's add how insurance prices their products to the list of things you don't understand.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So almost 80% of blacks are similar to 90% of whites. I will also point out that the vast majority of those poverty level blacks live in deep blue areas of our country.

This also brings up the other part, which is how do they calculate it? Poverty threshold in Manhattan is a lot different than rural Arkansas