Being called a racist

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.  I don’t think America is a racist country.  I don’t understand how this clown gets away with calling all White people racists.  What a jerk.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.

Did Biden give you a buzz this morning and call you systemically racist?

Edited by Melon

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I don’t like Biden calling me systematically racist.  I don’t think America is a racist country.  I don’t understand how this clown gets away with calling all White people racists.  What a jerk.  

You're not.  It's those who think black people need white people to think, speak and act for them that are the real racists.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

That’s the beauty of it. He’s not calling you racist. He’s calling the ‘system’ racist. Now nobody’s explained what system these people are talking about  but don’t get fixated on the details. We’ve got a country to transform! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

That’s the beauty of it. He’s not calling you racist. He’s calling the ‘system’ racist. Now nobody’s explained what system these people are talking about  but don’t get fixated on the details. We’ve got a country to transform! 

Yup.  Refusing and evading quantification might be systemic too. 

But in the year 2021 what's the system being referred to (is it public or private, covert or overt, formal or information, organized or individual acts), what attributes of the system are racist, what are your statistical benchmarks, and how are you measuring and counting it to validate and support the theory there is "systemic racism"?  Otherwise, you're just arguing and advocating subjective data points vs. some objective theory backed by what might constitute proof.  Right now "systemic racism" is more or less a marketing campaign slogan. 

But I'm willing to be educated.  If anybody's got quantification vs. one or two anecdotal stories or some history lesson from the 1860's or 1950's I'd be interested. 

To add, I'm hearing more and more corporations, including the one I work for, bowing and praying at the alter of systemic racism and saying they're going to change and do better in things like minority hiring.  I don't know about how anyone else looks at this but if I was a minority candidate that was passed up for any job opening or promotion at any of these firms that are prostrating themselves asking for forgiveness I'd sue their asses for everything I could.  They're more or less admitting they screwed you.  

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yup.  Refusing and evading quantification might be systemic too. 

But in the year 2021 what's the system being referred to (is it public or private, covert or overt, formal or information, organized or individual acts), what attributes of the system are racist, what are your statistical benchmarks, and how are you measuring and counting it to validate and support the theory there is "systemic racism"?  Otherwise, you're just arguing and advocating subjective data points vs. some objective theory backed by what might constitute proof.  Right now "systemic racism" is more or less a marketing campaign slogan. 

But I'm willing to be educated.  If anybody's got quantification vs. one or two anecdotal stories or some history lesson from the 1860's or 1950's I'd be interested. 

To add, I'm hearing more and more corporations, including the one I work for, bowing and praying at the alter of systemic racism and saying they're going to change and do better in things like minority hiring.  I don't know about how anyone else looks at this but if I was a minority candidate that was passed up for any job opening or promotion at any of these firms that are prostrating themselves asking for forgiveness I'd sue their asses for everything I could.  They're more or less admitting they screwed you.  

I work/employ people in a technical field where everyone has a college degree. If anyone thinks we’re picking new hires by the color of the skin, they’re nuts! 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Boy, all these elections schemes aimed at making it harder for black folk to vote sure are racist 

Harder for black folks to vote?  So are you saying that of those people in specific geographic regions and socioeconomic groups that could be affected by these “schemes” only the “black folks” won’t be able to figure it out? 

I want you, and others screaming racism at these Bills, to contemplate that for a second. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I work/employ people in a technical field where everyone has a college degree. If anyone thinks we’re picking new hires by the color of the skin, they’re nuts! 

Personally I think you’re nuts for requiring a college degree. 😏

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I hear you.  When I suggested we hire a few inexperienced high school drop-outs to improve our diversity profile in the areas of experience and education nobody seemed to get the comedic value of my statement!  Such is the plight of virtue signalers as there is no room for humor, joy, or happiness in their world.  

While such a move would negatively impact the team's performance in all possible ways our social justice score would stand out and perhaps qualify us for some recognition or reward.        

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I hear you.  When I suggested we hire a few inexperienced high school drop-outs to improve our diversity profile in the areas of experience and education nobody seemed to get the comedic value of my statement!  Such is the plight of virtue signalers as there is no room for humor, joy, or happiness in their world.  

While such a move would negatively impact the team's performance in all possible ways our social justice score would stand out and perhaps qualify us for some recognition or reward.        

So one can only assume they’re talking about hiring non skilled labor then? I work in and around the construction industry. Virtually everyone on our construction sites is a ‘brown’ person. What ‘system’ are we talking about? 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

So one can only assume they’re talking about hiring non skilled labor then? I work in and around the construction industry. Virtually everyone on our construction sites is a ‘brown’ person. What ‘system’ are we talking about? 

No, I'm talking about jobs that require highly skilled people with specific experience and advanced degrees in life sciences.  That's why my suggestion is ridiculous.  And that's why ultimately diversity hiring is ridiculous.  Because the bottom line is what's required for an effective and efficient organization or company is to hire and employ competent people rather then keeping score of the genetic profile of your company. 

24 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Criminal justice system.

The tax code.

The HC system discriminates against people that don’t have children.

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yeah Same. And I think this speaks to the point there are cultural issue that drive these thing. STEM isn’t cool in American culture, hence the demographics at tech companies are overwhelmingly immigrants or first generation Americans. It’s not some systemic conspiracy, it’s a cultural phenomenon. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Harder for black folks to vote?  So are you saying that of those people in specific geographic regions and socioeconomic groups that could be affected by these “schemes” only the “black folks” won’t be able to figure it out? 

I want you, and others screaming racism at these Bills, to contemplate that for a second. 

Personally I think you’re nuts for requiring a college degree. 😏

You know, they see how black people vote, and they limit, restrict or eliminate that form. How can't you understand that? 

11 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Criminal justice system.

The tax code.

The HC system discriminates against people that don’t have children.

Those appear to be random words

Care to explain?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You know, they see how black people vote, and they limit, restrict or eliminate that form. How can't you understand that? 

And how is that people with more pigment in their skin vote differently than people with less? Isn’t that in and of itself racist? How do left handed people vote? Tall people? Blondes?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Those appear to be random words

Care to explain?

If you can’t see how the system benefits white, married couples that own homes and have children, then I guess we really do have a “systemic” problem in this country.