Should Derek Chauvin go to prison for what he did?

Shoul he go to prison   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should he go to prison

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Or.... just follow me here... this will be a leap for you I know... but... what if we didn’t have cops that murder people? Whoa! Yea totally off the wall idea but I’m just saying what if.

What a cute what if.  Is there ever a time in your mind that lethal force by law enforcement is required?  

27 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

No there’s not. Quick and easy answer.

Never ever?  What safe and sound neighborhood do you live in?

What should LAPD have done here?

https://www.dailynews.com/2021/04/24/person-shot-to-death-by-lapd-officers-in-hollywood/

This reminds of this. I remember watching this live on TV.  Should they not use lethal force in this scenario?

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You want to solve anger and hate?  You don’t know much about human behavior and emotions do you?  

A guy kicking a girl on the ground is neither anger or hate. It is environmental. 

A 16 year old with a knife is not anger or hate. It us environmental. 

I know more about human and organizational behavior than you can imagine.

I also know you have no thought other than to take shots.

I also know you are a bully, a blow hard and an a??.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chauvin-verdict-opinion-poll/

Republicans split on the decision. Seems many think Chauvin was doing what he is paid to do 

Good to see the overwhelming majority  views their local law enforcement favorably despite that idiot and the recent campaign trying to undermine LEO in general. 

15 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Being a Police Officer is tough they have to essentially be the avatar of our country's laws, you can't enforce them while breaking them. So they have to be held to a higher standard, have to use sufficient force and allow the judicial system to punish them not do it themselves.

And they have to determine all of that in a nano second not to mention while they are walking up does this guy have a knife, gun, chemicals they are going to through on my to burn me make me blind and what is the intent of the perpetrator .

Loss of life is a terrible thing no matter how or what circumstances it comes under but it's awfully hard to judge them when you haven't walked in their shoes .

My son in law is a cop he's been shot, attacked with a ax, told by one perp while going for his gun my son in law would never see his kids again that guy was wrong & had a partner that was suppose to have his back & when the ***** hit the fan he didn't .

So im not sure how much training given the situation the amount of adrenaline flowing and the amount of time you have to make a decision will help in a serious situation such as these especially when it's possibly a kill or be killed situation .  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

The millions of people also in tough lives, who would never attack someone with a knife, proves this wrong.

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

A guy kicking a girl on the ground is neither anger or hate. It is environmental. 

I know more about human and organizational behavior than you can imagine.

I also know you have no thought other than to take shots.

I also know you are a bully, a blow hard and an a??.

I see.  So there is no anger in a person who attempts to injure or worse kill someone. It's all environmental.  So professor care to tell me about the environmental surrounding that prompted the 16 year old girl to injure, or worse, kill another human being?  What about her particular environment drove her to that level?  The same regarding the guy who kicked the girl while she was on the ground.   You may say it is environmental but did that environment not lead to the hate and anger?  If not hate and anger what specific emotion was the knife wielder or kicker feeling at the time of their acts? 

I have plenty of thought.  I think that you are likely a professor or teacher of psychology who has learned everything they know from a book.  

What prompts you to define me as a bully, blowhard and an ass?  Because I disagree with you?  

More proof that Trump is the ultimate coward.  He sure seems to talk like a tough guys who knows it all, BUT he never says much about anything that's controversial to his base.  Chauvin and vaccinations have been the biggest issues for a while now, but you hardly hear a peep out of him about either.  I have absolutely no doubt that if it served him politically, he'd be on the wrong side of both of these issues.  He'd pivot to BLM for Chauvin(like Don Jr), and would be tweeting about how bad vaccines are if he didn't help obtain them.  

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The millions of people also in tough lives, who would never attack someone with a knife, proves this wrong.

Don't think so. The environment displays the behavior, and if you are not led by good parents, siblings, teachers, coaches or friends then the behavior seems normal. Anger does not mean picking up a knife or kicking a girl on the ground unless demonstrated in your environment.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I see.  So there is no anger in a person who attempts to injure or worse kill someone. It's all environmental.  So professor care to tell me about the environmental surrounding that prompted the 16 year old girl to injure, or worse, kill another human being?  What about her particular environment drove her to that level?  The same regarding the guy who kicked the girl while she was on the ground.   You may say it is environmental but did that environment not lead to the hate and anger?  If not hate and anger what specific emotion was the knife wielder or kicker feeling at the time of their acts? 

I have plenty of thought.  I think that you are likely a professor or teacher of psychology who has learned everything they know from a book.  

What prompts you to define me as a bully, blowhard and an ass?  Because I disagree with you?  

It is very unlikely , that if in your environment it is unacceptable to kick a woman that you would thoughtlessly do such a thing. That young man has seen violent behavior as common and acceptable. I doubt that YOU would ever do that, short of having your life threatened. The same for chasing an unarmed person with a knife. This behavior is learned as acceptable. 

You can be angry but how you react is controlled by learned behavior.

I have an education but I am not an educator. Spent many years in industry, creating organizations, fixing organizations, creating the right environment for success. 

I said you are a bully because you are always confrontational first, then sometimes become thoughtful after. Rarely the reverse.

1 minute ago, Niagara Bill said:

It is very unlikely , that if in your environment it is unacceptable to kick a woman that you would thoughtlessly do such a thing. That young man has seen violent behavior as common and acceptable. I doubt that YOU would ever do that, short of having your life threatened. The same for chasing an unarmed person with a knife. This behavior is learned as acceptable. 

You can be angry but how you react is controlled by learned behavior.

I have an education but I am not an educator. Spent many years in industry, creating organizations, fixing organizations, creating the right environment for success. 

I said you are a bully because you are always confrontational first, then sometimes become thoughtful after. Rarely the reverse.

So you're a consultant?  

So the young man learned anger correct?  

The young girl learned hate correct?  

46 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Your starting to catch on to how sleazy politicians work. Now let’s see if you can find the pattern with someone else. 

I'm not the one who's mad that their sleazy politician lost.  Trump sleazed his way thru businesses, bankruptcies, marriages, the courts, and our government, yet millions of people are so mad he lost that they'll falsely believe he did win.  I'm the least of anyone's problems.

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I'm not the one who's mad that their sleazy politician lost.  Trump sleazed his way thru businesses, bankruptcies, marriages, the courts, and our government, yet millions of people are so mad he lost that they'll falsely believe he did win.  I'm the least of anyone's problems.

Millions?  How many millions feel that way and show your work please.  

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Millions?  How many millions feel that way and show your work please.  

Unless you're living under a rock, you know how many people believe there was fraud.  I'd give you survey after survey, but you'd claim surveys are fake news.   

Reuters:  Six in 10 Republicans in that survey also said they believed “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump.” That percentage of the sample would correspond with roughly 50 to 55 million Americans, Chris Jackson, the Ipsos senior vice-president for public affairs, told the Guardian.

58 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Dude is garbage, and so are the rest of them. He was just a different foul stench than the normal foul stench which appealed to some who though different trash would be their treasure.   POLITICIANS ARE SLEAZY LYING GARBAGE. The more entrenched, the worse. 

it’s the real fundamental problem. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Unless you're living under a rock, you know how many people believe there was fraud.  I'd give you survey after survey, but you'd claim surveys are fake news.   

Reuters:  Six in 10 Republicans in that survey also said they believed “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump.” That percentage of the sample would correspond with roughly 50 to 55 million Americans, Chris Jackson, the Ipsos senior vice-president for public affairs, told the Guardian.

I never use the term fake news.  I’m one of those Trump supporters who shrugged and said “well that sucks” and moved on. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

So you're a consultant?  

So the young man learned anger correct?  

The young girl learned hate correct?  

The young man learned how to react to his anger. Many people including you and me, it us how you react that is the product of environment. (There are exceptions)

Hate is learned. You are not born with hate. 

Don't confuse hate and temper.

Not a consultant, employed by the same US headquartered firm for many years.

46 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Dude is garbage, and so are the rest of them. He was just a different foul stench than the normal foul stench which appealed to some who though different trash would be their treasure.   POLITICIANS ARE SLEAZY LYING GARBAGE. The more entrenched, the worse. 

it’s the real fundamental problem. 

Term limits? The solution but you lose experience in key areas.