Eagles trade pick 6 to Dolphins

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

If Tua doesn't work out that 2023 1st will come in handy.

Dolphins got 2 picks this year in the first 3 rounds.  6 picks in the top 81!

I know.  They're f-ing stacked. 

I don't think Tua necessarily gets two more years to prove himself.  If he doesn't show better this year, they could move on sooner than that.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I get it--they're still probably going to get their guy at 6, but in 2018 the Colts got three second round picks from the Jets to drop back from 3 to 6.  And the third they got this year is a comp pick, more like a fourth rounder, really.

That was for a QB. That position in the draft to go along with a highly-touted QB is going to cost a lot. The Eagles clearly don't value any of the QBs so your comparison is off.

36 minutes ago, dneveu said:

They said that about Hockenson and Fant.  Engram... Howard... 

I'm not a big fan of TEs in the first.  I feel like they're rarely the impact players they're supposed to be, espeically on the rookie deal.  

Like who are the best TEs in the NFL - Kelce, Kittle, Waller, and probably Andrews.  None were acquired in the first.  

Noah Fant? HE plays for the Bronco's Jake Lock was there QB he did not throw for more then 3000 yards. Fant was their 3rd best WR. again... he would do much better under a way better team.. Just look at the numbers man... 

Just now, mannc said:

I know.  They're f-ing stacked. 

I don't think Tua necessarily gets two more years to prove himself.  If he doesn't show better this year, they could move on sooner than that.

The they will have 1 2022 1st and 2 2023 picks to move up.

My point is the fish are setting themselves up to be very competitive in the AFC in the next year or two.

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Noah Fant? HE plays for the Bronco's Jake Lock was there QB he did not throw for more then 3000 yards. Fant was their 3rd best WR. again... he would do much better under a way better team.. Just look at the numbers man... 

Maybe stop spending 1st round picks on TEs when you don't have receivers or QBs then?  I dunno what to tell ya.  

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep 6. Perfect spot for their target Micah Parsons. 

Micah Parsons at 6. Just watch and see and finally get an NFL LBer they have been looking for, for almost a Decade. 

WR will maybe come with their 18th pick. 

Parsons that high is unlikely. 1. He has off the field issues. 2. LB isn't a huge need since they traded for Bernardrick McKinney.

Most of the top receivers will be gone by 18. Better off waiting until the 2nd unless Chase is the pick at 6.

Moving from12 to 6 seems like a QB move but that makes no sense because the had 3.  Unless they really like a QB and are REALLY confident he will last until 6, my guess is WR.  There are 3 really highly rated WRs right?

12 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Jake Lock?  You’re confusing Drew Lock and Jay Clocker.

10 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

That was for a QB. That position in the draft to go along with a highly-touted QB is going to cost a lot. The Eagles clearly don't value any of the QBs so your comparison is off.

You don’t think SF traded up for a QB?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Moving from12 to 6 seems like a QB move but that makes no sense because the had 3.  Unless they really like a QB and are REALLY confident he will last until 6, my guess is WR.  There are 3 really highly rated WRs right?

How when the top 4 QBs are predicted to be gone by 5? Moreso seems like they were targeting a guy and felt like they could get him later in the draft. Chase, Smith, or Pitts is my guess right now.

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Parsons that high is unlikely. 1. He has off the field issues. 2. LB isn't a huge need since they traded for Bernardrick McKinney.

Most of the top receivers will be gone by 18. Better off waiting until the 2nd unless Chase is the pick at 6.

They can still almost certainly get Bateman at 18 if not one of the top 3 WRs (and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top 3 makes it there).

7 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

LOL do you know the damage a Hockenson could do on this team? 

Last year  he had a almost 800 yard 6 TD Year.. with Detroit He was their second best in yards ! lol  HERE?  thats a 900 yard season 8+ TD. You keep hating on Hockenson.. If there was a Hockenson where we draft this year? I would take him and not think second about it. 2020 Hockenson was second best TE in Fantasy. HE was third best in recieving yards... Do you have any clue what so ever what or who your talking about?

No knock on him - he's a good player - I just think a WR has a greater impact on offense.  If i asked the lions do you want hockenson or dk metcalf/aj brown what would they say?

Fantasy means absolutely nothing when comparing players.  It just means he got the ball thrown to him more - possibly as a direct result of golladay playing in only 5 games.  So the targets yards and stats aren't crazy impactful.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

You don’t think SF traded up for a QB?

Ok I get what you're saying now. Thought you were referring to the Eagles. That's just one example of a team moving that many picks. Maybe the value could be different. 

Miami traded up from 12 to 3 in 2013 for just a 2nd LOL 

1 hour ago, Process said:

With QBs almost guaranteed to go 1-4,  2 or more of Pitts/Smith/Chase will be there. I'm sure they'd be happy with any of them. 

They got good value from SF, gave up too much to Philly, but at the end of the day 6 is the perfect spot for them and they got some future ammunition.

They’re almost certainly taking Sewell if he’s there.

Edited by Billl

5 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

How when the top 4 QBs are predicted to be gone by 5? Moreso seems like they were targeting a guy and felt like they could get him later in the draft. Chase, Smith, or Pitts is my guess right now.

I could see Chase, Pitts or Waddle, but Smith would have been there at 12.  Didn’t realize 4th QB was regularly mocked so high.  BTW I think Lance goes before Fields.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

They can still almost certainly get Bateman at 18 if not one of the top 3 WRs (and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if one of the top 3 makes it there).

I just don't think they value Bateman that high when there's similar talent later on. Unless they have a undisclosed injury, none of them are making it to 18.

7 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Ok I get what you're saying now. Thought you were referring to the Eagles. That's just one example of a team moving that many picks. Maybe the value could be different. 

Miami traded up from 12 to 3 in 2013 for just a 2nd LOL 

That was different.  It was an awful draft.  Hope you enjoyed your Dion Jordan experience..😀

Edited by mannc
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Maybe stop spending 1st round picks on TEs when you don't have receivers or QBs then?  I dunno what to tell ya.  

NO this statement has nothing to do with your originally that you would NEVER waste first round picks on TE.. Glad your not a gm

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I could see Chase, Pitts or Waddle, but Smith would have been there at 12.  Didn’t realize 4th QB was regularly mocked so high.  BTW I think Lance goes before Fields.

Lance before fields wouldn't surpise me as he's a perfect fit for the offense that Shanahan runs. 

You just never know how the draft will fall. Smith could be there but then again, word is that some GMs view him as the best receiver in the draft.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I hope not.   

Bills glaring weakness in 2020 was defending Tight Ends.  

Miami adds Pitts to Gesicki.  

NE adds Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry.   

cool. cool. 

2021 NFL draft. Bills take Melifonwu and Nasirildeen. Problem solved. I'm only half kidding.

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

No knock on him - he's a good player - I just think a WR has a greater impact on offense.  If i asked the lions do you want hockenson or dk metcalf/aj brown what would they say?

Fantasy means absolutely nothing when comparing players.  It just means he got the ball thrown to him more - possibly as a direct result of golladay playing in only 5 games.  So the targets yards and stats aren't crazy impactful.  

Just stop this is embarrassing.. 8 WR were taken before DK.  This is crystal ball material here.