Bills restructure Tre White; create cap space

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not really. Only Top 51 count. The gross cap hit will be about 6 mill but it pushes other salaries down past 51. Only need around 2 mill in space for rookies.

On cut down day the whole roster counts so there needs to be some space for all 55 (53+2) spots, practice squad players and anyone signed to replace injured players.  It does add up.  The Bills definitely need the cap space the restructuring of the Tre and Dawkins contracts gives them.  There’s really no downside to creating the space as any unspent space can be carried forward. 

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

On cut down day the whole roster counts so there needs to be some space for all 55 (53+2) spots, practice squad players and anyone signed to replace injured players.  It does add up.  The Bills definitely need the cap space the restructuring of the Tre and Dawkins contracts gives them.  There’s really no downside to creating the space as any unspent space can be carried forward. 

Hadn't noticed that new rule about the practice squad. Hunh.

12 hours ago, Maynard said:

Definitely sounds like something is going down. Otherwise, why do it. Don’t think we need that for the draft.

Something is going down but WHAT ? WHAT ? I can’t take it anymore I have to know !!!! I picked the wrong time to try and quit smoking 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

All I know is we need a CB, edge rusher, TE and a complete RB.

Don't really care how it shakes out, if we get all of them I'm going to be stoked.

You think OL in the first round is out of the question?

1 hour ago, Putin said:

You think OL in the first round is out of the question?

With everything we retained? I think so. I'm not going to say a Wyatt Teller isn't an upgrade over someone in the OL room currently, but they resigned everyone which makes me think they are pretty happy with what they have.

The other positions would make more of an impact IMO.