Backup QB 2022

What if Trubisky likes Buffalo and is willing to stay? Cap should return to normal by 22,and,still have to resolve Allen's future.  If Trubisky gets a chance to play he can improve his value to other teams. 

On 3/21/2021 at 2:29 PM, TBBills said:

If Josh has a healthy season I think they will go back to drafting backups to develop.

Just b.c he is Allen's buddy better mean nothing. The guy is not a good QB, he was never meant for the NFL. He never looked like a leader ever always the guy who is just on a team.

Josh's buddy?

On 3/21/2021 at 9:35 PM, Paul Costa said:

What happened with Chad Kelly? Did he sign a futures deal. I’d be fine with him as backup in 2022 if he kept his nose clean and was in the building for a year and a half

What building?  Wende correctional facility?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Since the Bills signed Trubisky with the intent of 1 & done in 2021, they'll be in the market for a new backup in 2022.  If Sam Darnold has another mediocre season, he'll be in the same spot Trubisky was in this offseason.  If that's the case I think Sam Darnold will be the backup in 2022.  Shades of when OJ was the franchise & the Bills drafted his buddy Al Cowlings. 

Now I don't expect any murders or slow speed chases after Josh & Sam retire. 😄

I could see Trubisky getting traded around Preseason much like AJ McCarron then Buffalo riding with Fromm as the Backup.

On 3/21/2021 at 2:12 PM, Albany,n.y. said:

Since the Bills signed Trubisky with the intent of 1 & done in 2021, they'll be in the market for a new backup in 2022.  If RYAN FITZPATRICK has another mediocre season, he'll be in the same spot Trubisky was in this offseason (A FREE AGENT).  If that's the case I think RYAN FITZPATRICK will be the backup in 2022.  

ftfy 🧐 

4 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

I could see Trubisky getting traded around Preseason much like AJ McCarron then Buffalo riding with Fromm as the Backup.

I see Fromm never playing a down in any NFL real game.  He will play his way off the team in his preseason appearances.  

Trubisky is here for the whole season.  The only reason McCarron was traded was because he played himself out of the starter's job & didn't like the idea of being a backup in Buffalo because he had a swelled head, but settled for a backup job when he was traded to Oakland.  

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Drafted Fromm for no reason I suppose?

Not the 1st time a team took a 5th round flyer on a guy & then found out he wasn't NFL material.  There are more 5th round busts than the Kyle Williams & Matt Milanos.