How will the Bills defend against the Patriots 2 new TEs?

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Even those metrics, which are Cam's best, are still bottom half of the league. I guess we can say he appears to have nowhere to go but up so glass half full for the Patriots in terms of Cam playing better next year. 

I don't see it as half full, just a matter of NOT taking last year as a template to project how he would do this season.  Year 2 in the same system, full offseason, better personnel around him, etc.  They were only 54% in the Red Zone last year for scoring, so I'm pretty sure thats why they went out and got 2 new TE's and a slot.  They are now loaded at TE, slot, FB, have solid RBs and a physical O-line. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Sorry about that. I meant draft capital wise..jets and the dolphins could offer more and better package.

Picks and their young QBs since Texans would need a QB to at least start the season with.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

If the jets or fins are willing to trade as many picks, they have the advantage.  No doubt.  If they aren’t willing to trade 5-6 1st rd picks, like Belichick might be willing to do, then it’s advantage pats. 

Belichick is at a different stage than saleh, Flores and their GMs. They most likely care about a few years down the road.  I don’t see why BB would care.  If I was him, I’d trade the house to get him.....IF the lawsuits prove to be bogus. 

9 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Sorry about that. I meant draft capital wise..jets and the dolphins could offer more and a better package.

Picks and their young QBs since Texans would need a QB to at least start the season with.

I haven't heard anything official yet...but what can the pats offer? This year's number 1, next year's number 1 and Gilmore?? To me the jets have the best assets. They have a sh*t ton of draft picks from trading Adams away..

It all comes down to where Watson wants to go. He has a no trade clause so he dictates who he wants to go to.  SUPPOSEDLY NY and Miami are out. He wants to go to SF or Denver now supposedly. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

If the jets or fins are willing to trade as many picks, they have the advantage.  No doubt.  If they aren’t willing to trade 5-6 1st rd picks, like Belichick might be willing to do, then it’s advantage pats. 

Belichick is at a different stage than saleh, Flores and their GMs. They most likely care about a few years down the road.  I don’t see why BB would care.  If I was him, I’d trade the house to get him.....IF the lawsuits prove to be bogus. 

For some reason I think the Texans don't really expect to get all those number 1s in return. I think they just made that statement hoping it will just deter teams from asking about Watson.

I think a good negotiator could get the Texans to take respectable amount in return for Watson..I mean in IMO they are dumb.

He doesn't want to play for them anymore and I dont see anything changing that. I think he is prepared to sit out.

And he like Stafford doesn't want to play for NE unless that changed.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It all comes down to where Watson wants to go. He has a no trade clause so he dictates who he wants to go to.  SUPPOSEDLY NY and Miami are out. He wants to go to SF or Denver now supposedly. 

Yea there are so many reports on where he is willing to play its gotten too damn confusing..

It would be great If he could go to SF so we can go after Jimmy....I really really don't want to see Cam behind center at any point this season..I seen enough.

The same game plan we used against the Ravens should work just fine. I am also a huge fan of two TE formations because of the versatility and mismatch that it creates. Could you imagine the numbers Brady would’ve put up with Gronk, Hernandez and a WR like Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Watson has a minor legal issue right now, which will be a serious issue in terms of the NFL.  That might limit the teams involved....might.

Possibly..I think he might still be cool regardless, cause i never thought Antoine Brown was gonna play again....or Josh Gordon with all the crap they had going on...

15 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

For some reason I think the Texans don't really expect to get all those number 1s in return. I think they just made that statement hoping it will just deter teams from asking about Watson.

I think a good negotiator could get the Texans to take respectable amount in return for Watson..I mean in IMO they are dumb.

He doesn't want to play for them anymore and I dont see anything changing that. I think he is prepared to sit out.

And he like Stafford doesn't want to play for NE unless that changed.

Yea there are so many reports on where he is willing to play its gotten too damn confusing..

It would be great If he could go to SF so we can go after Jimmy....I really really don't want to see Cam behind center at any point this season..I seen enough.

That might be the case.  

I don’t know anything about Caserio other than he’s highly regarded around the league. 

here’s the thing with Watson and his no trade clause.....he’s the one that’s demanding a trade. He can’t be too picky imo.  He’s saying denver and SF now, but that could change on a dime.  This lawsuit could really much things up too.  Get your popcorn ready.  

the only thing I hope that happens is Watson going to the NFC

• Like (+1) 2

We were top five in the league at defending TEs in 2018 and 2019 before slipping last year. With Milano back healthy and another year of development for Edmunds, I expect us to improve against TEs this season. 

I'd still love to draft a Trevon Moehrig or Hamsah Nasirildeen though to give us more versatility and a potential TE neutralizer.

14 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Well we can't seem to cover TEs so hope Cam implodes and score 40+ points is the plan.

Can’t forget the pats d will improve. Brought van noy back, judon, plus guys that opted out were good. Also added at least three other guys I believe. One thing we have seen is our o struggle against BB defenses. If we don’t get better running the ball , and that includes devin learning how to stop dropping critical screens or wheel routes, moss getting better vision as an nfl back , we become so one dimensional that our o can be neutralized much like it was in the playoffs. We scored 27, 17, 24 points , so hanging 40 is not some given thing.   An o with two TES, and a power run game will limit possessions appears to be the pats plan as they know they can’t air it out with us.  

This is where Frazier needs to be better. Maybe go 4-3 with Klein coming in and get away from soft , off coverage zone , or bring in thick nickel package with 3 rd safety or perhaps large cb (6’2” etc from draft ) to help support run and help with TE coverage.   Pats will make huge roster improvement this year , whereas so far we are locked in because of lack of cap space.  Hope somehow we get ertz or if somehow etienne fell , we learned watching kc last year add with CEH, giving josh more dynamic weapons trumps picking up some much lower rated edge guy who won’t immediately produce much. I think scheme is our path to limiting pats and I hope we keep improving our strength, the o, so that 40 point total gets close to consistently being possible.  If we can avg 33 points ( up from 29), this d may still be enough to get us back to afc championship game and beyond.