How will the Bills defend against the Patriots 2 new TEs?

I don’t know so I’m asking. Will this give Edmunds greater value? I’m not impressed with his pass rush but if I’m thinking correctly his pass coverage is pretty decent, especially when he’s paired up with Milano. Not liking the idea of the Patriots employing 2 pass catching TEs again though.

2 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

They have Cam still right?

No concern here...

I’m no cam guy, but this take is old.  They would have beaten us at home with the worst front 7 ever.....but Zimmer made a helluva play and Cam made a blunder at the same time to ***** defeat from the hands of victory.  There’s no doubt that they can beat us.  I’d say we’re the clear favorites and the beater team, but they can win a game 💯 maybe even two is we don’t bring out A game.  The better team doesn’t always win in the nfl

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bills have the worst TE history in the NFL on both sides of the ball. They have never had a single pro bowl appearance and they are historically one of the worst teams when defending the TE. This transcends two owners, dozens of coaches, and hundreds of players.  It really is almost statically impossible for the Bills to be any worse with TE production and defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’m no cam guy, but this take is old.  They would have beaten us at home with the worst front 7 ever.....but Zimmer made a helluva play and Cam made a blunder at the same time to ***** defeat from the hands of victory.  There’s no doubt that they can beat us.  I’d say we’re the clear favorites and the beater team, but they can win a game 💯 maybe even two is we don’t bring out A game.  The better team doesn’t always win in the nfl

Shhh. Nobody wants to hear that the Pats had more guys opt out of 2020 than any other team or better yet that Newton outplayed Allen in the first game. 

Bills are the better team because Allen continued to get better throughout 2020 and they return almost the entire team. But New England will be a very tough out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Ask again after free agency and the draft.

Impossible to answer this question without knowing what personnel we’ll have.

No dude. Come on.. we haven’t done anything that I wanted us to do to get better!!!

I have come on TBD and cry about it! 

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Shhh. Nobody wants to hear that the Pats had more guys opt out of 2020 than any other team or better yet that Newton outplayed Allen in the first game. 

Bills are the better team because Allen continued to get better throughout 2020 and they return almost the entire team. But New England will be a very tough out.

I think the reason nobody wants to hear that Newton outplayed Allen in the first game is that it's questionable and probably nonsense. Generally, people do not want to hear nonsense.

Allen's 1st game:   33/46 for 312 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, QB ranking of 104.6, 57 yards rushing and a rushing TD

Newton's 1st game:  15/19 for a whopping 155 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs, a QB ranking of 100.7, 75 yards rushing and 2 rushing TDs

So Allen had 3 TDs and Newton 2. And Allen doubled Newton's passing yards.

Sorry, that's a pretty sad opinion, extremely questionable at absolute best.

I do think it's possible, not clear and obvious but very possible that NE will be a far tougher match this year. And they might well bring in a better QB as well.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For sure it is a losable game for us now. It would be ignorant to think otherwise. Bill Belichick didn't just up and forget how to coach. That they beat some good teams last year, and with that putrid team, it is admirable.

As far as this spending spree the Pats are on? I don't recall ever seeing a team spend so much money all at once, it's insane and I am afraid it will probably work. The Pats WILL get the most of their talent, and all of sudden they got a  shittle-ton of it. 

Cam is the weak link and I understand the skepticism, it is warranted.  He seems to need momentum to be good, and is a bit of a head case, imo. But, I do think Daniels can devise an effective offense with Cam's legs with mostly easy throws to big guys...and 80 million in (new) proven talent.

That said, we got us a sonafabitchin' offense and I still like our chances, but for damn sure it got harder.

Edited by foreboding

38 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t know so I’m asking. Will this give Edmunds greater value? I’m not impressed with his pass rush but if I’m thinking correctly his pass coverage is pretty decent, especially when he’s paired up with Milano. Not liking the idea of the Patriots employing 2 pass catching TEs again though.

How is Cam going to get the Ball to NE two TEs? 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

How is Cam going to get the Ball to NE two TEs? 

You have to remember, two TEs in the game at the same time, also gives you a massive offense live extension and it favors running the ball as well. When the TEs do both (block and catch) well, it creates bad matchups. Easy to see what they plan to do. Agholor will the long route guy to try over the top and keep the defense honest.

Edited by foreboding
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, foreboding said:

You have to remember, two TEs in the game at the same time, also gives you a massive offense live extension and it favors running the ball as well. When the TEs do both (block and catch) well, it creates bad matchups. Easy to see what they plan to do. Agholor will the long route guy to try over the top and keep the defense honest.

You have to remember CAM NEWTON sucks