Who's your pick for a breakout season?

AJE and Gabe Davis I think both break out.

AJE flirts with double digit sacks and Davis flirts with 1000 yards.  

If we can adequately fix the holes/issues in the trenches of the DL then Ed Oliver becomes a major candidate for a breakout.  We need beef to eat some blockers.

16 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

I'll even up that with a few ifs-

If Knox stays healthy and if Buffalo signs no other big name WR or TE, Knox will have 1,000 yds.

I'm an optimist...

Me too. Most physically gifted TE Bills have ever had. I just don't know how much Daboll will use him. I'd almost prefer he gets 700 yards if the RBs are also getting a ton of receptions.

Full disclosure my favorite Bills player is history is Thurman Thomas and I think RBs that catch out of the backfield are the ultimate weapon.

• Agree 1

Gabe Davis is a guy who I think will be a very good #2 receiver in this league for a long time. Don’t ever see him as being a #1 but a very good #2. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him double his production this year. Don’t think our offense will stutter without Brown, although we could really use an elite burner/quick twitch WR.

Epenesa is my bet for defense. I liked what I saw and I’m very shocked that he graded so poorly athletically at the combine and on his pro day. I saw a guy that was flying all over the field. Don’t ever see him as being elite, but I do view him as being a very good starter. Ceiling isn’t crazy high but I do think he’ll be good.

I thought it would be Ed Oliver last season. So I don't really know but I would say AJ is one player I think that can have a better than expected season. I think he can push 7+ sacks. Ed Oliver again if he plays a true pass rushing role and Starr can fill the NT position I think can also get to where he needs to be.

Assuming Star is back, Ed Oliver for sure. He can play in his natural position for the whole year and hopefully will have a normal offseason to develop his skills. I'm also anticipating the Bills to sign an upgrade at DE. That combined with Star's return will give Oliver more opportunities to make an impact.