H.R. 1 And The Fight For Voting Rights -- We The People!

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is this helping exactly?

If you think about it, many black people are going to take it in the shorts again as often happens when the white man tries to save the black man.

Atlanta is 53% black.  The game was good for the tourism and hospitality industries.  Reports regarding COVID I have read over and over said blacks (and other minorities) are over represented in the hospitality indusry.  Stands to reason a lot of those workers will lose money due to less uber rides, less tips at hotels and restaurants, and Stadium workers losing a game.

As opposed to losing their vote? Sacrifices are made all the time. 

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

BillZtime the most blissful boy on the board.

The democrats continue to lurch to the far left.

I know, fighting for far elections is so a left thing. You do have a point 

43 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course Mister Interdependent wouldn’t question a law where all the checks and balances are wiped away and power is centralized to the ruling party. 

This hardly makes our elections fair.

Yet, still - no one here can tell us why all these changes are required.

I’ve already explained this... democrats are attempting to rig federal laws that favor ballot harvesting, republicans are trying to thwart it at the state level by rigging laws that favor physical turnout. It’s a very simple power struggle, not fraud not racism. 

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Did you read up on what the new law actually does and why this change matters?

I did.  Why is it racist? 

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Really cute editorial you linked there bro...

Why didn't the editorial include anything about the law stripping the Secretary of State of power and giving the Georgia state legislature higher power, thus politicizing the voting process and giving the GOP majority more power to invalidate an election or to overrule a Secretary of State who acts appropriately in a non-partisan manner?

Why is that racist?

7 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve already explained this... democrats are attempting to rig federal laws that favor ballot harvesting, republicans are trying to thwart it at the state level by rigging laws that favor physical turnout. It’s a very simple power struggle, not fraud not racism. 

HA!!! You do realize numerous states already allow ballot harvesting?

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Can you please post the actual articles from the Times and Post where they state there is no voter suppression in the new Georgia law?

We will wait.

Why is it racist?

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

The writers of this bill are brilliant.

They added just enough to distract the true intent of the bill - and the part you wont touch - why take power away from the Secretary of State and local county election boards and give it to the Republican legislature?

Whose votes will be thrown away?

Its clear your sugar coated news sources haven’t gotten the talking points out to their lemmings to argue their point.

Nothing has been walked back - just

more exposed.

Why is it racist?

58 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course Mister Interdependent wouldn’t question a law where all the checks and balances are wiped away and power is centralized to the ruling party. 

This hardly makes our elections fair.

Yet, still - no one here can tell us why all these changes are required.

They were required because 2020 was a cluster *****. 

Still no one here can tell us why these changes are racists. 

This isn’t hard. You show up, in person, to vote once a year. (And in person means you have to prove you are who you say you are.) 

And if it’s so racist, then just move MLK Day to election day and everyone will have the day off. Get ‘er done! 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And if it’s so racist, then just move MLK Day to election day and everyone will have the day off. Get ‘er done! 

Fantastic idea Deek!!!!

You do know which party would fight this tho, right?

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They were required because 2020 was a cluster *****

How so Jim?

In January, Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger told us that Georgia's elections were secure and correct - no fraud could be found and multiple recounts confirmed the results.

So Brian Kemp defied the GQP and publicly verify that Georgia's elections were secure and correct.

Donald Trump not only lost the presidency but also the Senate. 

As such, the only reason to change that system now is to ensure there be a different outcome in the future - not only to save Kemp’s a$$ but future federal elections as well.

There is NO other reason.

None.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

How so Jim?

In January, Governor Kemp and Secretary of State Raffensperger told us that Georgia's elections were secure and correct - no fraud could be found and multiple recounts confirmed the results.

So Brian Kemp defied the GQP and publicly verify that Georgia's elections were secure and correct.

Donald Trump not only lost the presidency but also the Senate. 

As such, the only reason to change that system now is to ensure there be a different outcome in the future - not only to save Kemp’s a$$ but future federal elections as well.

There is NO other reason.

None.

I know this is from that very right leaning NPR but give it a read anyway. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/15/876474124/chaos-in-primary-elections-raises-fears-for-november

No reason?  NONE??

Well other than racism which you and others have conveniently refused to elaborate on. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

not a one will read it much less acknowledge there are some facts that just don’t fit the Georgia narrative  

Not only did it answer his question of “how so Jim?” but it points out how badly of a cluster ***** it truly was. Anyone who thinks the elections in 2020 were anything but a cluster ***** is either clueless or being disingenuous. 

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I know this is from that very right leaning NPR but give it a read anyway. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/15/876474124/chaos-in-primary-elections-raises-fears-for-november

No reason?  NONE??

Well other than racism which you and others have conveniently refused to elaborate on. 

Chaos by design Jim.

“Everything seemed to come to a head in Georgia. Voters waited for hours, as confused poll workers struggled to operate new equipment. And some polling sites ran out of backup emergency ballots.

Many voters, like Fulton County resident Latrisha Hernandez, tried to vote by mail but never got a ballot. She went to the polls in person only to encounter more dysfunction.”

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Chaos by design Jim.

“Everything seemed to come to a head in Georgia. Voters waited for hours, as confused poll workers struggled to operate new equipment. And some polling sites ran out of backup emergency ballots.

Many voters, like Fulton County resident Latrisha Hernandez, tried to vote by mail but never got a ballot. She went to the polls in person only to encounter more dysfunction.”

By design!?!? 😂😂😂  Really?  Whose design?  Proof of this design?  You sure it wasn’t the most polarizing election in our history?  

Now back the question at had that I’ve posed multiple times.  How is this Bill racist. 

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don’t have a subscription to the WSJ opinion piece - care to share some quotes from the article?

Thanks 

Weird. I canceled mine a couple weeks ago. I was able to read the the whole article when I first googled it.  But start by reading your own quote from the article. 🙄