Available young free agent DL, who should the Bills choose?

Available young DL men  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which 2 should they choose

• Yannick Ngakoue, Edge, (26) 4 years, $70 million ($17.5M APY): $40 million total guaranteed, $30 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Carl Lawson, Edge, (26) 4 years, $52 million ($13M APY): $30 million total guaranteed, $17.5 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Trey Hendrickson, Edge, (26) 4 years, $45 million ($11.25M APY): $25 million total guaranteed, $20 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, (27) 4 years, $52 million ($13M APY): $26.5 million total guaranteed, $16.5 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Jadeveon Clowney, Edge, (28) 1 year, $12 million, fully guaranteed at signing
    • Romeo Okwara, Edge, (26) 3 years, $19.5 million ($6.5M APY): $10M total guaranteed, $7 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Larry Ogunjobi, DT, (27) 3 years, $7.5 million, $3 million total guaranteed
    • Dawuane Smoot, Edge, (26) 2 years, $12.5 million ($6.25M APY): $6M total guaranteed, $3 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Davon Godchaux, DT, (26) 3 years, $16.5 million ($5.5M APY): $7M total guaranteed, $4 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Takkarist McKinley, (25) 3 years, $28.5 million ($9.5M APY): $18 million total guaranteed, $7.5 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • D.J. Jones, DT, (26) 4 years, $10 million ($2.5M APY): $4 million total guaranteed, $2 million fully guaranteed at signing
    • Charles Harris, Edge, (26) 2 years, $9.5 million ($4.75M APY): $3M total guaranteed, $1 million fully guaranteed at signing

Is Clowney a borderline bust?  His play isn't bad, he's just not the impact player the #1 overall pick is supposed to be.  His production is a middle of the road player.

Update

Nope, I change my mind.  He's not a bust, he's a very solid player.  I just had a crazy thought in my head this morning.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is Clowney a borderline bust?  His play isn't bad, he's just not the impact player the #1 overall pick is supposed to be.  His production is a middle of the road player.

Update

Nope, I change my mind.  He's not a bust, he's a very solid player.  I just had a crazy thought in my head this morning.

He is a great run defender, not so much rushing the passer, and we need pass rushers DE's.  Certainly not a bad player, sometimes just looks lazy (for me)

4 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Completely agree, I think me and you are the only 2 votes for him. 

Now 3(with me) 

I had forgotten to vote🤦

I would love Tomlinson but I don’t think they will be willing to go all in $15mil on a guy that’s 28 when they are stuck with Star’s deal for another year. I want Okwara or Hendrickson. We need Edge immediately and I think they could both be had for under $11.5. 

19 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Completely agree, I think me and you are the only 2 votes for him. 

I also hopped on the DJ Jones train (with Okwara). 

The posited contract projections for these two are SUPER cap-friendly (creating the kind of dubiousness one experiences when miraculously mock-drafting 1st rounders at picks 61 and 94, for example).

I want Taco Charlton. He was a guy that I really liked coming out of Michigan. He’s 6’6 270lbs, he can set the edge, stop the run and provide solid production as a pass rusher. I don’t think he would cost all that much and I think he has the potential to grow into a solid contributor. I’m not saying he is the only free agent DL I want, but he would be a great player to add onto this DL.

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

A name that I don’t hear much about but would like is Solomon Thomas. Kind of a redemption project, but someone with a whole lot of talent.

It’s not a bad idea. Wouldn’t mind him neither.