1 hour ago, NewEra said:

While I’ve deemed you unworthy of debate, I can’t help but wonder how you can use and article in the athletic to “win a debate” that focuses on a small sample size of 8 games.....yet call someone else out for using a small sample size to to prove a point.

If 8 games can tell you that much about a QB, what does 3 years tell you?

again....what is your point? To tell us that Deshaun Watson isn’t very good?  Everyone on the board has agreed, that Josh Allen is better.  You’re just mad because other people think deshaun Watson is a top 6 QB?  What is your point now?  

Laying in wait for 2 weeks after getting banned for the 5th time.  You couldn’t wait to get back to this thread so you can show everyone up.  Great job.....😂

That ignores a critical stat...one that exposes his fatal flaw: Sack Rate

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_perc_career.htm

Tell me sir, who is ranked #151 on that list with an absurdly high 9.05% Sack Rate? Sacks are drive killers. O-Lines don't allow sacks; O-Lines allow pressure - What the QB does afterwards determines if that pressure is converted into a sack or not. Watson will always have a ridiculously high pressure-to-Sack conversion rate. He will protect his stats by taking a sack and killing a drive, rather than simply throwing the ball away for an incompletion. All of this attests to the fact that he doesn't get the ball out fast when it's there and when he needs to.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like Josh better. I can see him getting drunker than Brady at a Bills Superbowl parade. That's the mark of a great QB!

Both are good. I don't really know why we have to compare all these guys. It's ok to like all of them, or dislikes all of them, for that matter.   We have Josh Allen as our QB. He took his f

To all you fans out there that want to explore if Watson is better than Allen and if the Texans offered  Watson for Josh Allen the Bills should think about it.  Little guy Ricco on Bills Fanatics said

14 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

That ignores a critical stat...one that exposes his fatal flaw: Sack Rate

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_perc_career.htm

Tell me sir, who is ranked #151 on that list with an absurdly high 9.05% Sack Rate? Sacks are drive killers. O-Lines don't allow sacks; O-Lines allow pressure - What the QB does afterwards determines if that pressure is converted into a sack or not. Watson will always have a ridiculously high pressure-to-Sack conversion rate. He will protect his stats by taking a sack and killing a drive, rather than simply throwing the ball away for an incompletion. All of this attests to the fact that he doesn't get the ball out fast when it's there and when he needs to.

This is just not true. He does take a lot of sacks but it is because he holds the ball too long looking for a play at times. He is not a guy who takes sacks to protect stats. That screams of a statement of a guy who doesn't watch him. 

Holding the ball too long when he should throw it away is a very legit criticism but is 100% not because he is protecting stats. He does get pressured a crazy amount and he get frustrated just dumping off and tries to hold it and force the big play which means rushers get home. But he is still a top 5 Quarterback.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1