Seattle looked at trading Wilson to Browns for 2018 1st pick

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Damn, this is surprising.  I LOVE where Allen is right now...but back in 2018 coming out, I don't know that I would have shipped off Russel for Allen (now I would, honestly...but not back in 2018 before a single NFL snap).  Interesting stuff.

Wilson is a great QB but honestly why does nobody hold him accountable for the long stretches of the season where he looks like Bad Tyrod, or even sometimes 3 quarters of a game where he looks that way before making some great play in he 4th to win a 17-14 game?  And don't tell me this only happened this past year...I had him on my dynasty fantasy team multiple years and he would drive me crazy because he was just as likely to put up 10 points as he was 40 on any given week.

When Allen plays like that for a game people are coming at him and saying he sucks but Wilson can do it for 4 or 5 straight games and everyone still ballwashes him.  I don't get why he seems to be above the law so to speak.

1 hour ago, zevo said:

Wasn’t there a contract dispute between Wilson and Seattle?

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Almost always comes down to money when you are trading a QB like wilson.  

Probably.  But what's striking to me is they were willing to trade-away a SB-winning QB for someone who was considered a project and the ultimate boom or bust prospect...first overall.  Meaning they had that much faith in him developing.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wilson is a great QB but honestly why does nobody hold him accountable for the long stretches of the season where he looks like Bad Tyrod, or even sometimes 3 quarters of a game where he looks that way before making some great play in he 4th to win a 17-14 game?  And don't tell me this only happened this past year...I had him on my dynasty fantasy team multiple years and he would drive me crazy because he was just as likely to put up 10 points as he was 40 on any given week.

When Allen plays like that for a game people are coming at him and saying he sucks but Wilson can do it for 4 or 5 straight games and everyone still ballwashes him.  I don't get why he seems to be above the law so to speak.

Wilson gets a mulligan because he's been their best and most consistent player for nearly a decade now. He routinely puts the team on his back and pulls them out of jams all the time. When he's having an off day, I think people are more apt to say that he can't do it all on his own and the team needs to lift him up and play more sound. QBs are always expected to elevate the play of those around them but some games they're the ones that need the boost and that just doesn't seem to happen in Seattle. If Russ is off, there's like no other facet of their game that steps up and compensates for him. He also routinely comes out of the ruts he gets in. That probably instills confidence in the fan base since they've seen it so many times. Whereas we Bills fans get nervous if Josh has a rough one because he's still pretty young and not that far removed from his wild play at Wyoming and his first two years. So if he screws up I think people overreact and go, "Oh crap, he's regressed back into the unrefined player he was in college!" We've been snakebit so many times before, ya know? I hope he comes back better than ever and his experiences only serve him in reading defenses. 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I wouldn't put myself in that camp...I only see him play maybe 5 games a year (primetime games, playoffs, etc.).  But I do agree on Allen getting dumped on for things other QBs get passes on.

I was speaking more about about trading away Wilson for an unproven rookie at the time in 2018.