Jadeveon Clowney as a UFA

Dkollidas

He's been average since Craig Fitzgerald left the Texans as their S&C coach and I think the rest of the league knows it. 

He probably joins the Giants because that's where Fitzgerald got a job in 2020. 

Edited by dpberr

21 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think many of us predicted he would yet again produce next to nothing in Tennessee and we were proven right. 

This is a production business. He can’t even get a single sack? Something doesn’t add up. 

Wait! But did you not see that one play in college where he was unblocked and made a name for himself???  

I agree, pay for production, not a familiar name. Zero sacks doesn’t mean he’s worthless, but he’s not what HE thinks he is. And therein lies the problem. I would not be opposed if he were cheap and played his role, but I’m not impressed just because of his name. One year prove it might work best for everyone if he’s willing to swallow his ego. Might be his only option. Surprise!

21 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

I'm intrigued to see his market. It won't be 3 mil or 18 mil. I think someone will talk themselves into giving him 10. 

Same.  I see him signing anywhere from 8-10 because he's the classic type of person that gets overpaid.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Wait! But did you not see that one play in college where he was unblocked and made a name for himself???  

I agree, pay for production, not a familiar name. Zero sacks doesn’t mean he’s worthless, but he’s not what HE thinks he is. And therein lies the problem. I would not be opposed if he were cheap and played his role, but I’m not impressed just because of his name. One year prove it might work best for everyone if he’s willing to swallow his ego. Might be his only option. Surprise!

isn’t it amazing that everyone remembers that hit against Michigan? I saw it live, since I loosely follow Michigan football. Vincent Smith was the RB and he was like 5’6.” Clowney came unblocked at full speed. Wasn’t pretty. 

in terms of clowney’s production, you can sort of justify a down year here or there. He has had two pretty good years in his career, and those were with Houston.  Everything else has been meh. If you want a guy that can get you 3 sacks per year, you can sign a Mario Addison at a much lower price tag, not Clowney.

I would love to see the FO bring in Clowney!  He'll never come cheaper.  He's an athletic freak who might be really motivated.  The Bills culture and change of scenery might reignite his career.

People are talking paying a Murphy/Addison type price for Clowney?  Are you kidding me? 

Sacks aren't the only thing in life.  Sure it's a great stat, but you've got to account for a lot of other factors and watching the game helps show that.  Remember how Chris Jones had no sacks for KC in the Bills game?  Yeah, I wouldn't hate having that bum either.