Cut Singletary

balln

We were down to our 3rd and 4th running backs this year.  The Bills were definitely banged up.  And we are going to cut a guy like Singletary, who isn't a world beater, but can play, to save 500K or 1.1 Million, whichever number is correct?  No chance in hell.  Singletary, at least, is worth 1.1 on the cap to this team.  

Even if they took a RB early, Singletary is worth 1.1 as a backup.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lv-Bills said:

We were down to our 3rd and 4th running backs this year.  The Bills were definitely banged up.  And we are going to cut a guy like Singletary, who isn't a world beater, but can play, to save 500K or 1.1 Million, whichever number is correct?  No chance in hell.  Singletary, at least, is worth 1.1 on the cap to this team.  

Even if they took a RB early, Singletary is worth 1.1 as a backup.  

I really liked what Williams did when he got a chance. He was very impressive and hope to see more of him next season. He may turn out to be the RB Bills need to make the ground game much better.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I really liked what Williams did when he got a chance. He was very impressive and hope to see more of him next season. He may turn out to be the RB Bills need to make the ground game much better.

He played half a game in garbage time.  No knock on him and I hope he turns out to be Gale Sayers and Earl Campbell rolled into one, but no conclusions can be drawn from that game.  Heck, the cricket guy was averaging 60+ yards per carry at one point.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Edwards-Helaire had similar stats as Singletary... so evidently the rest of the world doesn't know about your amazing skills at being a General Manager outside of TBD and your glowing recommendation to cut a value added player in Singletary. You should add it to your resume- TBD NFL General Manager.

Don't forget about words "Mock" and "Fantasy" to title.  

Yeldon avg 7 ypc this season behind this “bad” line. He also was inactive every game and couldn’t get the ball when he was up. Our best RB, not used voluntarily. Last year, we gave high leverage carries (in the post season even) to Frank Gore. A guy that’s been done for 6 years generously. When a totally shot Lev Bell became available, the Bills were interested. Maybe the issue is, the guys making the decisions Have no idea what the RB position is supposed to look like.

13 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon avg 7 ypc this season behind this “bad” line. He also was inactive every game and couldn’t get the ball when he was up. Our best RB, not used voluntarily. Last year, we gave high leverage carries (in the post season even) to Frank Gore. A guy that’s been done for 6 years generously. When a totally shot Lev Bell became available, the Bills were interested. Maybe the issue is, the guys making the decisions Have no idea what the RB position is supposed to look like.

I just think Daboll make a decision half way during the season to just scrub the run game and go full blown passing. If we need a run here or there we'll just have Josh do it. And KC brutally exposed that strategy. I know our OL absolutely has to get better at blocking. And I still don't think we have that special RB, yet. I'll remain on the Najee bandwagon but I hope Brian changes his philosophy on our run game. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I just think Daboll make a decision half way during the season to just scrub the run game and go full blown passing. If we need a run here or there we'll just have Josh do it. And KC brutally exposed that strategy. I know our OL absolutely has to get better at blocking. And I still don't think we have that special RB, yet. I'll remain on the Najee bandwagon but I hope Brian changes his philosophy on our run game. 

I think Daboll pulled a page from the Patriots book. We had some big running days, when that seemed the thing to do. The game plan totally varied by opponent.  The Ravens shut down D Henry, and we asked “why even try running?”  We threw the ball almost exclusively. Not enough to keep them honest, IMO, but boy did they decide what they were going to attack! 

People here went from “fire Daboll!!!” to “I hope the assistant coach of the year doesn’t leave!”  

It was far from perfect, but it was the first time it was FUN in a long time. 

Singletary has value, on this team or in a trade. He needed room to run, and that needs to be corrected. Our offense needs more balance where we can both run and pass in the same game. 

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon avg 7 ypc this season behind this “bad” line. 

Is 10 attempts over 19 games a big enough sample size?

He averaged 3.7 ypc from 17 attempts the year before out of interest 

Edited by Aussie Joe