Republicans who were appalled by Trump... what now ?

I love my country....I'm sure most humans on the planet feels the same way....We Americans often get a bad wrap about being ' too patriotic "......I am guilty of that myself...I am a proud Republican and have been for ever....   As I got older, and got to travel the world, things were put in perspectives...... It's a big world out there......Yes, we are the most powerful Country in the world economically and military.......But......before Trump, we were a beacon of Hope and Dreams......Now...not so much.....The last 4-5 years have been a challenge .....I never liked Donald J Trump......From day 1.....He was a terrible mistake....It actually took what looked like the cast of Duck Dynasty ( a bunch of tugs ) storming the Capitol for most of my fellow Republicans to jump ship........Where does the Republican Party go from here?.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Rebuild and wait for a time to come back, I like democrats but each side is bound to mess up at some point.

I'm not looking for a specific " time to come back " my friend....nor am I looking to rebuild anything.....I guess I'm a RINO.....I like Conservative fiscal policies for example............I doubt that any of the " Patriots " who stormed the Capitol would even begin to comprehend what that even means....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 1

This feels like the appropriate place for this.

2 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I love my country....I'm sure most humans on the planet feels the same way....We Americans often get a bad wrap about being ' too patriotic "......I am guilty of that myself...I am a proud Republican and have been for ever....   As I got older, and got to travel the world, things were put in perspectives...... It's a big world out there......Yes, we are the most powerful Country in the world economically and military.......But......before Trump, we were a beacon of Hope and Dreams......Now...not so much.....The last 4-5 years have been a challenge .....I never liked Donald J Trump......From day 1.....He was a terrible mistake....It actually took what looked like the cast of Duck Dynasty ( a bunch of tugs ) storming the Capitol for most of my fellow Republicans to jump ship........Where does the Republican Party go from here?.....

I mean it probably really depends on how this all ends does Trump actually split the party if so I don't know try and find as much common ground with more conservative democrats to try and govern more towards the center

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The plague who was Trump has been elected out. On with Savior Joe. I already saw he's giving out 2K stimulus checks and slinging vaccines asap. The country will be tip top come February as long as you listen to the MSM.

That's the spirit !

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm Independent.  I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats.  But the past 4 years the Republican party has not been republican.  It's been a Trump cult.  True Republicans need to take the party back.  They should start by getting rid of Ronna McDaniel as party chair.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

They were in shambles before Trump, that's why Trump won their nomination.

You probably didn't notice because of Hillary can't syndrome that was mesmerizing the Left.

Look at you getting everything wrong. If you ever told the truth it would be the first time. 

Now THIS is actually an interesting discussion. While the Republicans regroup, the Democrats have their own challenges. (And let me say I don’t really care for political parties on either side). Biden is old. Everyone knows it. I don’t think there’s anyone in America that voted to see Kamala Harris become President. They literally hid her far, far away from the spotlight since the nomination. It’ll be interesting to see where they go. They have the pulpit and the gavel now. Let’s see what they do with them.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Now THIS is actually an interesting discussion. While the Republicans regroup, the Democrats have their own challenges. (And let me say I don’t really care for political parties on either side). Biden is old. Everyone knows it. I don’t think there’s anyone in America that voted to see Kamala Harris become President. They literally hid her far, far away from the spotlight since the nomination. It’ll be interesting to see where they go. They have the pulpit and the gavel now. Let’s see what they do with them.

Trump is only 2 years younger... And looks in much worse health.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The black women is the key to a Republican come back. That’s what you are saying here and it’s true. The Republicans I know we’re giddy when the protests were happening this summer, saying they didn’t like Trump but those black people “destroying cities” made them vote for him. Right after the insurrection in Washington I heard a women saying, the blacks are trying to make this about race! The Republicans can’t change. This is in their blood. 

Its all up to Democrats who have to vote. Republicans will always turn out in high numbers to “save the country from destruction” while the Dems May or may not have learned that the vote is necessary to fight this threat from internal terrorism. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

I'm not looking for a specific " time to come back " my friend....nor am I looking to rebuild anything.....I guess I'm a RINO.....I like Conservative fiscal policies for example............I doubt that any of the " Patriots " who stormed the Capitol would even begin to comprehend what that even means....

What is conservative fiscal policy now? It seems that’s just yell at spending when Democrats are in office and ignore it when Republicans are in office.

TCJA cost a ton. When looking at historical data, Republicans tend to add more to the deficit.

1*pqIXolEpzpTNktAgIclA-A.png

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

What is conservative fiscal policy now? It seems that’s just yell at spending when Democrats are in office and ignore it when Republicans are in office.

TCJA cost a ton. When looking at historical data, Republicans tend to add more to the deficit.

1*pqIXolEpzpTNktAgIclA-A.png

But Republicans can claim Democrats spending in on lazy people getting welfare to not work. 

44 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea making up more things, you are the one who came back here spouting off like an internet tough guy.

...that was tough guy talk?

Either you’re trying to be funny or are just a sensitive fella.

13 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

...that was tough guy talk?

Either you’re trying to be funny or are just a sensitive fella.

Yes he is, when someone has 600 posts per month like he does, it screams living in mommies basement playing video games all day, no job, loser, internet want to be bully tough guy. Bet he got his lunch money stolen alot in high school and now has an axe to grind and what better platform than being anonymous on the internet. He aint got the balls to confront me or you or anyone else in person, hence why he has 600 posts per month! Whole lot of these vocal losers out there in todays world!