Nick Caserio to be new GM of Texans

YoloinOhio

12 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

watson is a freaking wizard. that guy scares me as much as anybody. hope they mess up this coach hiring!

They (BOB) has already decimated their team and do not have their own pick in the first two rounds to boot. I’m not worried about them turning it around anytime soon. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is Watson a QB that needs work?  Is that truly the main requirement for that job?  

I would read it more as designing offense and personnel around a QB’s strengths, and overall relationship with the QB. Watson is proven but likely hasn’t hit his ceiling 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah they came out today and said Gettleman is safe. With Rivera in DC now, it gives us competition for former Panthers... so sad. 

I don’t think SF would do that, unless DEN wants to mortgage their future. Lynch and Shannahan have really done a great job there. 

Yeah would depend how bad Denver would want Lynch and would he even want the job as may be in better situation in San Fran.  As others also pointed out, he may only agree to it if he's given more power than Elway.  He's done enough to warrant asking for that.

21 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Watson does not seem to approve 

Texans used consultants who provided 5 candidates. Caserio wasn’t one of them. So I think he’s pissed for sure. They are a dysfunctional franchise with Watson and not much else appealing? BD seems like better fit w Chargers if he has the option. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

8 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Texans used consultants who provided 5 candidates. Caserio wasn’t one of them. So I think he’s pissed for sure. They are a dysfunctional franchise with Watson and not much else appealing? BD seems like better fit w Chargers if he has the option. 

I suspect coaches will not see this as a positive.

• Like (+1) 1