Bills sign WR Gary Jennings to PS. Was in yesterday for a workout.

MAJBobby

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Interesting amount of WR movement with the Stills visit and now this signing.  Hoping its all just insurance and not because Beasley's (or Brown's for that matter) are on the more long-term/serious side.

Jennings is the kumerow replacement 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jennings is the kumerow replacement 

Yep an as long as they tested Stills today. Technically he will be able to play Sunday (if they sign him). Needs 5 clean tests. The 5th would be the game day test (based on starting protocols on him today). 

Edited by MAJBobby

Posted in another thread.  His Wiki page was already updated.

Gary Jennings Jr.

Gary Jennings Jr. (born March 7, 1997) is an American football wide receiver who plays for the Buffalo Bills. He played college football at West Virginia.
Gary Jennings Jr.
Buffalo Bills
Position: Wide receiver
Personal information
Born: March 7, 1997(age 23)
Stafford, Virginia
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
Weight: 216 lb (98 kg)
Career information
High school: Colonial Forge(Stafford, Virginia)
College: West Virginia
NFL Draft: 2019 / Round: 4 / Pick: 120
Career history
 * Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics
Player stats at NFL.com

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I'm getting dizzy.  We need @YoloinOhio to give us the low-down hoe-down on how many openings we currently have.   Jennings seems to have filled out our PS to 16, which is the maximum number this year.

Right now, I think we have 2 openings on the 53-man roster, since we got 2 regular roster guys on the Covid-IR and 2 guys on the Practice Squad Covid-19.  But if we sign someone to the roster, I think we expose them when we bring Brown back (unless we can sign them as a PS guy elevated to the regular roster?).  The in's and out's of this season are certainly more complex.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm getting dizzy.  We need @YoloinOhio to give us the low-down hoe-down on how many openings we currently have.   Jennings seems to have filled out our PS to 16, which is the maximum number this year.

Right now, I think we have 2 openings on the 53-man roster, since we got 2 regular roster guys on the Covid-IR and 2 guys on the Practice Squad Covid-19.  But if we sign someone to the roster, I think we expose them when we bring Brown back (unless we can sign them as a PS guy elevated to the regular roster?).  The in's and out's of this season are certainly more complex.

I think Stills would be the only one signed to the 53. Jennings on PS and Gentry on PS if signed. Might need to move someone off the PS to make it work. But there is a lot that can get moved around. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Stills would be the only one signed to the 53. Jennings on PS and Gentry on PS if signed. Might need to move someone off the PS to make it work. But there is a lot that can get moved around. 

Sign Jennings and Allen's boy Gentry to the PS and keep whichever of them picks up the playbook first?  Ya gotta think the Tanner signing would be someone he might have lobbied for. 

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

@Logic

Maybe he jumps on the 87 grenade so Stills gets 80 or 83?

Your lips to God's ears.

But wait....I've just discovered that number 16 is available. 

If Stills has to choose between 16 and 87, what should he take? Either way -- woof.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, that fits with Yeldon and Brown on covid-19 Reserve.  Those are the two spots.  But if Brown doesn't develop symptoms, he could come off in 5 days from his last exposure to Yeldon, so Thursday I think.

Tracking so there is gonna have to be a roster move Signing anyone to the 53. Like Stills. 

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

Your lips to God's ears.

But wait....I've just discovered that number 16 is available. 

If Stills has to choose between 16 and 87, what should he take? Either way -- woof.

It’s not actually, it’s Hodgins, whose on IR. Far as I know they keep the # when on IR.

• Like (+1) 1