Every QB MVP stat for the last 10 years and where Josh Allen is now

PrimeTime101

43 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I appreciate you’re research.  I really do and you make a point.  With Allen, you have to consider 420 yards rushing and receiving in addition to the 4320.  It’s a huge part of his game and why he so dangerous, but you also have to consider last year Lamar’s passing at 3127 passing, and 1206 rushing.  He’s an anomaly.

im not disagreeing with you at all.  I’m just saying you have to look at everything.  Passing, Rushing and Receiving, TD to INT, and fumbles lost by the QB.  Think of it this way. Most people in retrospect would say Mahomes was truly a better QB than Lamar, but Lamar won, and Mahomes won MVP of the SB.

This is the 3rd time I’ll say it, but Brees never won MVP, but he won a SB, has more 70%+ completion years than just about everyone, and will be a good jacket after he retires.  I wouldn’t worry about it.  Again, appreciate the hard work you put into you’re research and you’re right there is an argument.  He repeats and makes it to the AFCC and plays well, and god for bud dare I say it a SB apprearance, or even the taboo wins, no one can deny him being the best QB in the NFL.

For the old guys, the future is so bright, we have to wear ....

So lets get this straight...  Josh is less of an anomaly then Lamar Jackson? is that what your saying? Cause Lamar cant and wont throw for 4k+ yards Josh makes up in air what Lamar does on ground and THEN some....  I will Take Josh's season this year over Lamar every day of the week.. including sundays..  I have also said that this is not an MVP conversation yet where Josh stands among MVP's.  Your downplaying it too much.. 

12 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So lets get this straight...  Josh is less of an anomaly then Lamar Jackson? is that what your saying? Cause Lamar cant and wont throw for 4k+ yards Josh makes up in air what Lamar does on ground and THEN some....  I will Take Josh's season this year over Lamar every day of the week.. including sundays..  I have also said that this is not an MVP conversation yet where Josh stands among MVP's.  Your downplaying it too much.. 

Prime, you’re completely misunderstanding me and a little sensitive.  Lamar is an anomaly as he ran more than anyQB in history, amd will be a flash in the pan.  The three in the MVP race are the right three.  Mahomes, Rodgers and our guy.  I just know we have a very sustainable elite QB for the next 15 years or more barring injuries.  Lamar, not so much.

I never thought Lamar would have a long career, more like Vick, minus the off field stuff.  Much like Murray has talent now, but can he last.  Those two guys are small, and rely way too much on their running game.  Josh runs like Wilson just enough to keep defenses honest now, and buys time with his legs, vs. just taking off and running.  Again, for a second time, thank you for you’re research.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Prime, you’re completely misunderstanding me and a little sensitive.  Lamar is an anomaly as he ran more than anyQB in history, amd will be a flash in the pan.  The three in the MVP race are the right three.  Mahomes, Rodgers and our guy.  I just know we have a very sustainable elite QB for the next 15 years or more barring injuries.  Lamar, not so much.

I never thought Lamar would have a long career, more like Vick, minus the off field stuff.  Much like Murray has talent now, but can he last.  Those two guys are small, and rely way too much on their running game.  Josh runs like Wilson just enough to keep defenses honest now, and buys time with his legs, vs. just taking off and running.  Again, for a second time, thank you for you’re research.

So what would you say Josh does better then Wilson that makes Josh better then a Wilson? 

Im looking at this year.. both teams have a great #1 WR. Most would say Josh is better then Wilson.

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

JA should at least be in contention for MVP....Mahomes and Rodgers are the "safe" picks, but I mean come on, the kids played lights out and in my opinion, kept this covid year fun for the entire league, for christ's sake.

Sweats, he is at 3rd, and there is no 4th per Vegas.  Wilson was dropped out even though he was the lead candidate in the beginning of the year.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So what would you say Josh does better then Wilson that makes Josh better then a Wilson? 

Im looking at this year.. both teams have a great #1 WR. Most would say Josh is better then Wilson.

Prime, my last reply.  Wilson is a great QB.  He was one amongst many we could’ve had, but didn’t.  I’m simply saying these MVP votes and betting are fluid.  Wilson was the lead guy for 6 weeks. He’s tailed off as of late per the oddsmakers.  Allen is one of only 3 that are still in the hunt as he should be.  I don’t expect him to win, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think he’s done more to influence this team than most players in the NFL.  After all, that is what the vote is supposed to be about.

Just because I amd some voters think he deserves it, doesn’t mean he’ll get it.  Honestly do you really care if we win a SB, and he gets MVP of the SB alike Mahomes did last year.  I’ll take that one all day long.  Give us a ring.  He has probably 15 more years to get the league MVP, amd many guys who probably should have received it, didn’t.  This is my 4th time I’m saying on various threads, Brees doesn’t have a league MVP.  I know what’s more important to him as a speculation is a first ballot HOFer.  He is more than deserving.  I believe Allen when he says all he cares about this year is a ring, and everything else is icing on the cake.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So basically what your saying is it’s because Allen plays in Buffalo and it’s a now a popularity contest I see 

Not at all what I said. Rogers has a long career and track record that Josh Allen has not yet had time to build up. The track record makes it easier for those voting to overlook one weaker game that was referenced.

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So basically what your saying is it’s because Allen plays in Buffalo and it’s a now a popularity contest I see 

Kind've always has been - it is voted on my 50 AP Media folks selected each year.

Not always about the numbers, often about the narrative that goes with it. Rogers has that narrative and the numbers considering they drafted his replacement this year and there was not a lot of thought of Rogers having a year like he has. I think Allen has a great narrative too so who knows...

All Allen and the Bills need to do is focus on the best way to beat the next opponent, let all that media-darling stuff sort itself out.