Week 16: Sunday Games Around the League

9 hours ago, Doc said:

The Packers did their part.  Too bad rivers played like an idiot in the second half of that Steelers game.

His arm looks dead...

7 hours ago, prissythecat said:

I see you kept insisting about the ground in this thread.

Here is a link to online NFL rule book

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/fumbling-in-the-end-zone/

and here is relevant excerpt about what a fumble is  :

A fumble is any act, other than a pass or kick, which results in a loss of player possession.”

Amazing that it does not mention ground anywhere....

Pretty damn clear there isn’t it👍

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Did the browns even pick up the 1st down after the fumble? I only saw the bit of the game they showed on NFL network game day live. I thought the announcers said that they would have still come up short for the 1st down? Or did I not hear correctly? 

I think they would have had it easily (very short) but there's that "can't recover and advance on 4th down unless you're the player that fumbled" thing.

The reason folks who don't know that rule are all hot n bothered is because he did pick up the 1st (or so it looked)

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean do they all say that or did we just get robbed?

Flattered.  We got flattered.  (Imitation is...)

Seriously I have seen a trend of other teams copying a few of our plays...that run up the middle by Tannehill for example.  I love it!

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they would have had it easily (very short) but there's that "can't recover and advance on 4th down unless you're the player that fumbled" thing.

The reason folks who don't know that rule are all hot n bothered is because he did pick up the 1st (or so it looked)

The ball has to hit the ground though to be a fumble I read here 😛

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

yeah I found a game replay and watched that play. Hunt did pick up the 1st. I’m not sure what the announcers were referring to when he said he might have been short. I tuned into the play late so I only caught part of what he was saying.

I’m thinking maybe he was referring to it looking like Mayfield was short of the 1st down before he fumbled (not that it mattered).

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

yeah I found a game replay and watched that play. Hunt did pick up the 1st. I’m not sure what the announcers were referring to when he said he might have been short. I tuned into the play late so I only caught part of what he was saying.

I’m thinking maybe he was referring to it looking like Mayfield was short of the 1st down before he fumbled (not that it mattered).

That latter is what I think.  If Mayfield had gotten the first down then fumbled and Browns recovered, I'm not sure what that becomes.

• Like (+1) 1